Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

this dream had really poisined my christmas spirit.

graphic.

i was in a hotel, really felt like i'd been there before. all my family were there, but suddenly half way through christmas dinner my coisin v*. i freaked a little, but came back to the table eventually. to find him sat there stuffing his face. now this worried me, but for some reason i stayed there. then everyone started to v*, and i ran out of the room and up the stairs of the hotel, and i just kept running and running, then my mum woke me up because i was thrashing about and apparently screaming my head off. (my mum can be a little melodramatic).

anyway, i just needed to tell you lot, because now i feel like it was a 'sign'. this is so unlike me, im usually really down to earth, but this has really worried me because we are having exactly the same people to christmas dinner, but i don't want to spoil christmas for myself or anyone else. have any of you lot had any scary emet dreams?

jen

jen

<font color=GREEN>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </font>

Sorry to hear about that, jen! Emet dreams are scary, and they tend to haunt you for the rest of the day. But just remember, its only a dream it can't hurt you. I don't know alot about dreams,but they seem to feature things that have been on your mind recently, worries, that sort of thing. Your brain scrambles it all up and puts it back together, like a film - you were probably thinking alot about your family coming for dinner, Christmas and all the worries it brings, and the usual emet stuff...your mind put all this together, and as a result, you had a bad dream about a sort of worst case scenario. Don't worry about it, I really doubt that sort of thing would happen.

My emet dreams always feature a member of my family v*ing, too! I wonder why...? Anyway, usually they are v*ing, really violently and horribly (graphic!! Look out!!), so its kinda...running all down their front (ew, sorry about that), and they're chasing me, trying to hug me or something. It sounds totallyridiculous, I know, but it absolutely terrifies me. Must mean something, right?!

Just relax, don't let it spoil your Christmas. I'm sure you and your family will have a really great time!

Thx, i know it doesn't mean anything, but sometimes you can't help wondering if it does...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] merry cristmas to you and you're family,

jen

<font color=GREEN>
    happiness is a way of travel -- not a destination
    </font>

Don't worry it isn't a 'sign'. Things that scare us naturally crop up in dreams and if it's a phobia and on our minds most of the time, it's bound to also come out whilst we dream. I have really horrible, graphic, full technicolour glory v* dreams - usually set at a party where everybody has had too much to drink and starts v*ing everywhere and I have to trample all through the stuff to escape. Brrrrr[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I'm sure people who have phobias of snakes or spiders for example have these creatures feature in their dreams now and again. It's perfectly natural, and absolutely not a sign of anything to come, so please don't get anxious about your Christmas meal as I assure you fun will be had by all and there will be absolutely no v*ing at the table!

Have a fab and worry free Christmas! [img]uploads/images/tcsarah/3AA_christmas001.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

wow, I totally have crazy dreams like this once in a while...

My worst one was that I was in junior high school and all the kids just started throwing up and chasing me....oh that was awful......[img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]

i hate it i have dreams of ppl v*ing all around my and i can't leave its like i am stuck there* it sucks pretty bad..i wake up breathing real hard i am sweating and i always think that i am goin to get sick*