Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Kind of OT: Is this just anxiety?

I'm not sure where else to ask this question so I'm sorry in advance that it's a little OT. I've made some good progress in the last few weeks as far as my phobia, but I'm starting to notice that I have A LOT of obsessive thoughts about my body and how I feel physically. For example, my best friend has been sick for weeks and she's been telling me about how she's been feeling every day (she's been having nausea and severe stomach pain.) So we were texting today and I was thinking to myself, "it would be horrible to be in her position." I was also thinking about how she must be feeling and then it was like I couldn't stop thinking about it. My mind got stuck on the idea and now I'm having strange stomach pains! I know they're not real and it's my brain creating the sensation because I'm fixated on it but it's freaking me out! Looking back, I've done this before but back then it was feeling like my bladder was full all of the time. Has this ever happened to any one else? Is it just anxiety or some kind of OCD? Kinda scared because I'm thinking that if I can create these feelings, what if one day I get fixated on the idea of v* and make it happen by thinking about it? PS, anxiety SUCKS!

Default Re: Kind of OT: Is this just anxiety?

Totally anxiety yeah!! Sounds like it anyway!

Try not to think about it.... Also try not to observe yourself thinking about it if that makes sense..just literally think about something else if it crops up in your brain...

I currently keep thinking of food and feeling a bit n* but feel OK of I don't...if that makes sense! I've been feeling headachey tonight and am scared it's flu and keep testing my stomach and I keep making myself believe I'm not well...hmm..horrible!!! Anxiety DOES suck BTW!

Default Re: Kind of OT: Is this just anxiety?

Totally makes sense! When my anxiety gets really bad I feel the same way about food. For me, it gets better when I'm able to calm myself down and think about food that I really enjoy, then my appetite finds its way back eventually lol. I hope you feel better! Maybe some aspirin would help with the headache? I hate how anxiety makes us doubt reality. Like instead of thinking, "I just have a headache, no big deal" our minds automatically take it further and further until we panic; so frustrating!!