Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Worried

Default Worried

Norovirus has hit my local area quite badly. There are ward closures and horror stories everywhere I turn. My next door neighbours have had it and members of their extended family, people have cancelled appointments where I work because they have it and it just seems to be all around me. I am trying to be logical but I'm afraid panic is beginning to take hold. I seem to be sitting on a ticking time bomb....help! I have to use public transport every day, I work with the public and have a young grandson who spends time in soft play areas where lots of children are. Apart from hand washing what else can I do? Also I am the only person at work who hasnt v* in the 5 years I've been there. I know its irrational but I can't help think its my turn.
    Last edited by claire43; 03-15-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Default Re: Worried

Apart from the hand washing, don't touch your face
    Also try not to share utensils or food and don't get too up close and personal with people
    I'm sure you will be okay

Thank you for replying. I have had a bad stomach all day to the point where Ive had a hot water bottle on it. I did go to work but since coming home it has been up and down. I havent had a meal but am suddenly hungry and am warming up some soup. Still scared. Got to go to see the nurse at my doctors practice tomorrow for my regular b12 injection. Am dreading having to go into the germ filled place especially now its gonna be filled with potential noro cases!

The best thing u can do is wash your hands and keep away from sick people? What area in the uk do u live in if u don't mind me asking?

Best thing to do: wash your hands properly and don't touch your face.
    I just got back from college classes and almost nobody was in class! It's going around here too So many people all of the sudden have it! We did so well all winter. I hate march, this always happens. But we will get through it
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarx View Post
    The best thing u can do is wash your hands and keep away from sick people? What area in the uk do u live in if u don't mind me asking?
    I'm in South Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
    Best thing to do: wash your hands properly and don't touch your face.
    I just got back from college classes and almost nobody was in class! It's going around here too So many people all of the sudden have it! We did so well all winter. I hate march, this always happens. But we will get through it
    I really hope so. It just seems to have come from nowhere. Right now I'm feeling quite n* but am hoping it's cos I just ate a big meal.