Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Your last v*

I can't remember the last time I v*d. I would always dodge this question any time it was asked, because I felt really superstitious about it. Before I'd known that this was a phobia, I used to think that if I even thought about it, I'd jinx myself! Now I can't believe I can talk about it (with a select couple of people and on this board)!! But you all seem to remember when you last did "it". I did soooo long ago that I honestly can't remember. I remember one time after a choir concert, so I couldn't have been older than about 12. And one time I was staying with my dad and I got sick there and was sick all night long, and each time after I'd curl up in his lap and he was watching hockey. I don't know which time came first so I'm not sure when was the last time. I'm 29 now, so it's been at least 17 years. I met one woman in college and she said she hadn't v*d since she was a child, and she was like 40-ish then and that was about 10 years ago. So she's gone a long time! I just thought it was odd that I couldn't ever remember and all of you could.

I can't remember either - only that I laughed jokenly afterwards about how unscarey it really was - and that was when i was about 9 or 10 i would say. I'm 21 now, so at least 10 years ago or so for me.

I cant remember any tramatic events ovther than my mom freaking out when she would get sick and i was a little girl.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

It was Jan 12 2003 the night I went into labour before that it was 4 months after after I got pregant. We were in the process of moving and it was soooo hot that day outside and especially in the apartment. I had over exerted myself after I knew I wasn't feeling well.

Before that though I was about nine at my sisters house celebrating my nephews birthday.so it had been 13 years.

I had never realized till now that I had kept such close track of it. Feels good to get it off my back and talk to people that understand.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

As much as I want to answer this questionI can't. But I tried. LOL. I typed it out and erased it three times. I don't want to jinx myself.

mystical star, i PROMICE you will NOT jinx yourself. I think you should type it out a forth time and paste it

It will be a baby step in the right direction. I swear on my SURVIVOR tapes that nothing will happen! ( no one messes with my survivor show haha)
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Took me a while to write it as well. For some reason I kept thinking my husband knew what I was typing. He knows what I have but he doesn't totally understand it. Finally I just hit the post reply before I could do anything.

I worry about jinxing myself too but hey so far so good. I wrote this just after dinner too.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

*Could Be Graphic*
    </font>

</font>

March 25 1997. I had some nasty stomach virus, my burps smelled and
    tasted like eggs. During the afternoon I got a very bad pain in my
    stomach, it actually made me cry. Then a few hours later I felt fine,
    had dinner and laid down. All of a sudden I got this huge wave of
    nausea and vomited. I vomited 5 more times after that, I couldn't make
    it to the bathroom one of the times so I vomited on the carpet, my mom
    had to clean it up. I remember pacing around the house from the first
    time I vomited (9:00pm) until the last (6:00 am) and every 10 minutes I
    would drink a teaspoon of soda so that I wouldn't dehydrate. Then 2
    weeks later I woke up in the middle of the night and had the same
    stinky burp. I dry heaved once. It was a totally different experience
    though. I was much more nervous this time, it was very much like how I
    act now when I feel sick. So I definetly think the virus brought out my
    emet. I always wonder if I didn't get sick would I still be the way I
    am today?

Edited by: calx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can't allow myself to say how long it has been because I also feel it will jynx me. I can say it has probably been longer than most of you have been living. Someday maybe I'll get up the nerve to tell you how long it has been. I know the exact day and year.
    Debbie

Hmmm...my last time....February 14th 2002...that's right...Valentine's Day. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

WARNING: MAY BE GRAPHIC

It was two days or so after I first got my braces on. I thought it was because of my braces, but it turned out to be a UTI. I had to go to urgent care because I couldn't stop heaving....even if nothing came out...I would just dryheave..[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I was terrified, andafter I got over the innitial trying to deny itand hold it in feeling,Ijust wanted it all to be over with so I could feel better...I begged my mom to take me to Urgent Care because the family doctor was all booked. I remember we called him many times, and the receptionist kept giving us advice, but I BEGGED to see a doctor!!! So my mom drove me to urgent care, and I sat in the waiting room...gagging. Nothing ever came out, but somehow I kept dry heaving every 5-10 minutes or so. It was awful!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I would run to the bathroom and bend over, but nothing would come out. Finally, the doctor saw me, and did some tests, and determined it was a UTI. I remember telling him about being scared of thr*wing up, and he was like: "WHY?" And I remember him nodding his head as I explained my fear....He must'vethought I was the biggest freak on earth...Well, he wanted to give me something to stop the dry heaving and of course something for the UTI. And I...I wanted to stop the v*****/dry heaving...so, since I probably couldn't keep the Phergan and other medication down, he either said i could have a supository or have an injection. I chose the injection, and he injected Phenergan andwhatever else that wasinmy bootylicious...[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]I remember feeling relieved that I had something to stop me from being sick. I got home, then,after a while, sipped some more sprite (I had been sipping some in between before so as not to get dehydrated), and since I was starving, I ate a baked potatoe....and went to sleep!!![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] Iwas perfectly fine after that...no more v*******! (Potatoes are my safe foods) I was so hungry and so tired at that point.Anyway, that was my last time... After that, I was so dependent on Phenergan for a while,because I was afraid if I stopped taking it, I would be sick. But I slowly withdrew, and found I didn't need it anymore.Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I cant type it either, there have been 3 occasions when i've v* excluding when I ws a baby. I just about know when the last time was but dont want to type it

it was last summer, i think i had just eaten too much bacon sarnie's [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]lol

heya, for me it was 1997, dont remember the exact date but i was in year 7, and that was when my phobia got completly out of hand. i think i was sick from a virus but it was the worst experience iv ever had, hence why im not afriad of doing it again!! did i just say afraid? i think i mean PETRIFIED! lol

i used to have a fear of jinxing myself, but then i realised, i got over my OCD (thinking something bad wud happen unless i touched something 3 times) so i cud get over this bad thought . and i did.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Oh man...I'm so scared to say how long it's been...I was 9 and I am now 19. So 10 years. *knocks on wood* I remember around the same-ish time I broke my arm and was in the hospital and threw up there 'cause of the meds, and also having a virus or something and being sick several times, this was both in grade 4...so it kinda blends together for me.

Ugh.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I have never really been sick except for the usual baby stuff.The only time "knocks on wood" wasaboutfour years ago at my Grandmas house in Ireland, she gave mehomemade ice cream which she had microwaved cos it wasreally frozen, then she put it back in the freezerthen she microwaved it etc. My parents were sensible enoughto avoid it butboth my sisters and I got VERY sick that holiday, Ihad my v* during thenight and was sick a grand total of 9 times. But I remember more a feeling of "Oh no not again!" rather than "Oh s**t, Ohs**t, Ohs**t, Ohs**t!" which is the feeling I get nowadays when I'm nauseous or something. But the next morning my sister's sickness got started and it restarted mine! It sure must of been fun for my mum! All of us stuffed together in that little car with 5 kids v* (My cousins were infected too) Now my Gran doesn't make icecream anymore. Wonder why! lol

I have never really been sick except for the usual baby stuff.The only time "knocks on wood" wasaboutfour years ago at my Grandmas house in Ireland, she gave mehomemade ice cream which she had microwaved cos it wasreally frozen, then she put it back in the freezerthen she microwaved it etc. My parents were sensible enoughto avoid it butboth my sisters and I got VERY sick that holiday, Ihad my v* during thenight and was sick a grand total of 9 times. But I remember more a feeling of "Oh no not again!" rather than "Oh s**t, Ohs**t, Ohs**t, Ohs**t!" which is the feeling I get nowadays when I'm nauseous or something. But the next morning my sister's sickness got started and it restarted mine! It sure must of been fun for my mum! All of us stuffed together in that little car with 5 kids v* (My cousins were infected too) Now my Gran doesn't make icecream anymore. Wonder why! lol(Sorry about before,technical error!)

Wow, I must be the only one on here except Louise who has vomited in the last year! For me it was last May, when I had some stomach flu or something. I started feeling funny the night before, and the next morning, I was sick from about 6 AM to 1 PM. I had a high fever, too. It was awful because my boyfriend wanted to stay around and be helpful, and I always want to be completely alone when I'm getting sick. I don't know why, I guess I'm scared someone will hear or see it. Anyway, it hasn't even been a year! My superstitious mind says that since it had been 10 years before that, I'll get to go another 9 without vomiting now. Unfortunately, that's probably not true. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

ok, as much as i don't want to write this, i am going to!

the last time i v* was....umm.... i think two or three summers ago. My bf had gotten sick, but he swore to me that it was bad food or something and he was done v*ing so i visited him to make him feel better. well two or three nights later i woke up and ran for the bathroom. i got sick 3 times. I called my bf and he felt SO bad (he knows about my emet) he brought me a dozen roses, a stuffed animal, chicken soup, and ginger ale. I jokingly told him he was lucky I'm still talking to him.

There i wrote it. see i didn't die!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey! Good for u!

p.s love the avatar, Snoopy rules!

The last time was just before christmas. I was in grade 3, so it would've
    been... 1992. I remember I had some kind of bug, my mom didn't let me
    stay home for some reason, but told me not to go out for recess, which I
    did. At lunch, I ate some homemade cookies (which I have avoided ever
    since, although they were my favorite) and v**ed right on the floor of my
    classroom. I don't remember being scared though, just that it was
    happening and no one noticed. Then, the guy who was standing in front
    of me looked back and said "oh gross!" I was forced to lie in the nurses
    office downstairs until school ended, and I remember it was really boring.
    But strangely enough, I don't remember being scared at all. Maybe there
    was another time after that that I blocked from my memory?
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Hey gang!!

Man reading your stories just makes me wanna give you all a big hug!! Neha that sounds so awful!!

The last time I was sick actually was about 3 months ago! Feb 10, 2004. Stomach bug was the reason. I got runs real bad, and that seems to be a precursor for me, and I did the deed prolly bout 9-10 times. Acutally to be honest, in a way I hope I keep getttin a stomach bug every year, just so that I keep it in my head that its not that bad, and that I dont go back to how I was with this.

Galadriel - i think i may have beaten you by about a week! LOL - my last time was Feb 21st 2004

it was totally my own fault and alcohol induced. it has cured me - its the best thing that could have happened.

Last time I actually got something up was December 25, 1987. I don't think it was a bug. Iwoke up early--like around 6--and complained of a stomachache. My mom said it was just excitement, and gave me a small glass of water. Then I started crying really hard, and my mom brought me downstairs to sit by the Christmas tree to open presents and take my mind off of it. She gave me a small glass of 7up, and after opening the third gift, I v*. She put me back to bed, after cleaning me up. I felt better after I woke up, but then a wave of nausea hit and I v* two more times. Finally, early in the afternoon I felt totally better, and ended up eating cheese and crackers at Grandma's, followed by a whole dinner. I still don't know what got me sick that time.

The last time I dry heaved was in May of 1992. That time I had a bug. I was staying over at my friends house for the weekend and I woke up Sunday feeling awful. I had diarrhea, a high fever, and felt like I was going to throw up all day. I only dry heaved once.

I want to say that you all are VERY brave. I want to post about my last expierence but I just can't. I keep typing it and erasing it. I guess I'm not strong enough yet. And besides- I've been known to be a jinx. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Dec 9, 1984. I could tell you everything I wore and ate that day, but I won't bore you. I woke up at 2:51am and that time still makes me nervous. Only got sick once and still went to school the next day, feeling gross, though.....
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

December 9, 1984 was the very day I was born!
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Oh wow!!! How cool is that?? I remember someone on here had their last v* day as my 21st birthday!! Dec 16, 1993?? Who was that?
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

That's eeeerie! lol.

I was born in 1984! I'd have been a tiny 6month old baby when you were sick Harmoneygirl.