Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: BF sv, freaking out, awake all night!

Oh dear, that sounds positively terrifying. Poor him and poor you
    Truth be told, there isn't much you can do at this point other than wait for him to stop being sick before disinfecting again. Don't feel too badly about not being there-hes a grown man. I would also venture a guess that most adults wouldn't want someone next to them when it's coming out of both ends!
    Hang in there, practice good hygiene and disinfect the HELL out of both the bed and bathrooms. Keep us updated on how he's doing.
    Sending you positive thoughts!

Unhappy Re: BF sv, freaking out, awake all night!

Thank you for the replies - it has been an absolute horror, but things are looking a bit brighter now. I had a few triumphs along the way.. I did run in the opposite direction a few times (but decided to put my escapism to practical use and ran to the shops to buy more disinfectant wipes and marigolds!) I also managed to take him tea, water, boiled ginger, and some medication - imodium, diorolyte etc. Without shaking too much, and/or crying. I also.. somehow.. possibly while running high on adrenaline after yet another panic attack.. managed to clean the bath tub. And it was rather well "used", so I'm actually really proud of myself.

He is looking much better, seeing him so bad scared me in other ways too, because I have never seen ANYBODY so pale. His lips were blue. It was awful. At one point, I was sat outside on the floor, in the ice and slushy snow, shaking and freaking out on the phone to NHS 111 because I genuinely cracked and thought I couldn't cope anymore. I have come to the conclusion that night time and darkness make EVERYTHING seem much much worse.. does anyone else get that? My anxiety and panic attacks have always been so much worse at night, even as a kid. Hmm.

Anyway, he's on the mend. He's sort of stuck here with me now until he can actually get up and move around comfortably - which is playing havoc with my head because all I want to do is CLEAN!!!! I've basically given him the run of the upstairs - I should clarify, I live alone in a one bedroom, tiny cottage. He was just visiting when he got ill. The downstairs is small, but open plan - kitchen and sofa, then the bathroom and bedroom are upstairs. Sadly, there's no way of quarantining anyone!!! It's all sort of free flowing. I've just opened every window possible, and lit candles/put automatic air fresheners everywhere - and I'm soaking all the cups and plates he has used in the sink in boiled water and sanitiser. I just want to bleach everything, but I'm trying to calm down and tell myself that there is absolutely no point until he has gone home, and that probably won't be until tomorrow at the earliest.

Sadly, I've been doing the age-old emet thing of starving myself since he first got ill. Yayy. Appetite has gone anyway, and I know I shouldn't be doing it (I actually trained as a nurse for 2 years but that still doesn't help me be rational!!! This phobia is so ridiculous at times).

He has just mentioned that he was at a kids birthday party on the 9th, so I'm wondering if actually he has picked up an SV*. It sort of falls in with the 48 hour incubation period. So now, of course, I am sitting here and waiting for my own doom! ARGH