Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Feeling Psycho

We hung out with my boyfriend's sister and a friend the other night (SATURDAY). Went out to dinner and had a good time. Then his sister had to totally ruin it for me. She said something about her boyfriend starting to get sick with SV on Thursday when they were hanging out. She was like "oh, well, I'll probably get it now!" kind of joking. Immediately I felt ill. I can't STAND hearing about people getting sick.

And we had just shared a slice of tiramisu. Great. Now I am deathly afraid of getting sick. She wasn't sick at all Friday, Saturday or Sunday while we were all hanging out, but I was paranoid. Can't someone carry SV germs even BEFORE they get sick? I'm freaking out.

I also suffer from panic attacks, so obviously, I get extremely worked up worrying that I'm going to get something that I have a panic attack and feel nauseous making myself worry even more.

I hope I can make it through the day without thinking about it anymore...

Melissa -

I understand how you are feeling. I really don't think your friend had anything when you shared the dessert. I think she would have had to be symptomatic at that time in order for you to be at risk. Try to relax and not stress too much about it. The positive thing is that it's already been a day and a half (I use the general 72 hour rule - if you don't get sick within 72 hours - you're ok) and you're still ok.

Try to relax and think of something else if you can. Hang in there!

Marby

Ugh! I hate it when people feel the need to share lol. It seems like they always do nomatter what the ailment. Anyhow I agree w/marby that you will be OK. She wasn't sick when you were w/ her so you won't get it. I can't remember who posted it (sorry) but they had talked to the pediatrician who said the incubation period is 6-36 hrs adn one is not contagious durong that time so a)she would have most likely been sick by now and so would have you and b) even if she was incubating you couldn't have caught it. Anxiety is horrible to add onto this but youw ill be ok! Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe
    Ugh! I hate it when people feel the need to share lol. It seems like they always do nomatter what the ailment.

Isn't that the absolutely worst??? No one wants to hear about SVs!! Especially when they're out to dinner!

Uuggghhh... :::shudders::: Sometimes I wish I were *that* relaxed when it came to being sick.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.