Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Why

Why is it that the SV goes around in the winter?? Where does it come from so that it just suddenly appears to plaque us all? I have always heard that its not airborne right?? Just wondering, I always hate this time of year for that reason.

Most SV* are not airborne. I have been told that a few, rare ones are --- for example one child V* in the classroom and suddenly half the class is out the next day, but that isn't common. SV* is usually passed through fluids and contamination of items that arethen ingested.

I have no clue why it is more dominat during the winter months, but I believe part of it has to do with the fact that we are indoors much more of the time. When we are constantly around each other and not getting "out", our germs just stay and stay and we contaminate. The weather changing, the stress of the holidays, and many other things can also make us more prone to illnesses.

Just remember that food poisoning seems to be more "visible" during the summer time too --- just like it is during the holiday season, which is when we share the most food and risk not taking the best of care of our food.

I also believe that his site tends to make the evidence of the SV more obvious, because that is what we are always talking about. I have to be careful and not let this site trigger me. This site is all about fearing V* and the issues surrounding it. Sometimes I cannot go on the site when I have had a good emet day because I know I will have to think and see and read about my fear even more.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.