Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Pets Vomiting

I was thinking about this just the other day and I wanted to put it to a question here. Does anyone have a problem with their pets getting sick? My husband and I have a cat who has problems with his stomach and occasionally he vomits. Now suprisingly, I don't havea problem with him getting sick, just that I hope it doesn't get on the rug and hoping that soon we can afford to take him to the vet, but the actual process of the cat being sick doesn't bother me.

I was just wondering if for some people ,the emetophobia extends to animals. [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]
    Somewhere out there things make sense..someone knows where it is and guards the secret...

Doesn't bother me one bit. I can clean up my doggies' pukes without batting an eye. Of course when I hear that old familiar heaving sound I do panic trying to get them out the door, but if it happens in the house it's more of an annoyance than a big deal.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

For me it's funny- I have no problem cleaning up after my cats when they vomit- I just can't stand watching them do it because it looks like it hurts them! Maybe it's because one of my cats is completely OCD about keeping herself clean (and her area- if she sheds on her part of the bedspread or the couch she will eat it!). She has really long hair, and I brush her and give her hairball remedy, but about once every two weeks she will vomit, almost violently. Once she even lost control of her bladder when she did this.....poor thing was so embarrassed.

I'll try to move her from the bed or the area her (her prime vomitting locations) if I hear the familiar gagging sound- but then won't look until it's over and I have to clean it, lol.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've got a problem with my dog v*. I don't run away or anything, but I
    can't watch. That being said, she ate a tennis ball earlier this week
    (she's not the smartest dog but I love her dearly) and v*d twice on the
    carpet, and the vet made me dig through it to see if I thought the entire
    tennis ball was there. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Ick!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peachykeen
    I've got a problem with my dog v*. I don't run away or anything, but I
    can't watch. That being said, she ate a tennis ball earlier this week
    (she's not the smartest dog but I love her dearly) and v*d twice on the
    carpet, and the vet made me dig through it to see if I thought the entire
    tennis ball was there. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Ick!!!!!

LOL - I cannot tell you how many tennis balls my dog has gone through!! He is a border collie/rottweiler mix and eats EVERYTHING. I never thought i would have another dog that would eat more than my labs, but he does. He has never thrown up since we got him, which was last June.

My lab eats a lot of crap too, but the only thing he ever throws back up is rocks...yes, he eats rocks[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]Has since he was a puppy. We actually had to take him to the emergency vet when he was tiny and they though they were going to have to perform surgery on him to get all the rocks out of his tummy. Animals are so silly.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I used to have a problem with it when I was growing up and when my husband and I got a dog I was worried about what would happen when he wasn't home. I have actually gotten used to it! I used to have to cover my ears when it happened and then I wouldn't step in that spot for months afterwards, but now I just clean it up and don't worry about it. I don't like to watch it, but it doesn't really affect me if I do. There was just one time that it still bothered me and I think it was just due to the amount of it. My dog had just eaten her dinner and dry dog food gets HUGE when it gets wet, so I swear the pile was ENORMOUS! I tried to clean nit up, but I just couldn't handle it - my husband had to take over for me. Other than that, it really has never bothered me since I was a kid.

This makes me wonder if what I really need to get over this phobia is just exposure. If it worked for dog v*, why wouldn't it work with people v*? Maybe if I could get used to watching and hearing people v* I would realize it isn't as bad as my min dmakes it out to be. I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet!

lol- your dog eats ROCKS?! And here I am thinking that my old dog was mildly retarded for eating a mattress, diningroom set, 2 boxes of sparkly crayons (boy, pooper-scooper duty that week was interesting), the wooden steps leading up to my old house's apartment.....the list goes on.

Dont you wish that just once, we could speak animal and tell them "dude, don't do that, you're making yourself sick"?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a problem with pet v* which is one of the reasons I only have goldfish. I remember when I still lived with my parents and I made a giant Christmas cake and left it in a tin on the table. When we got up the next morning my mums Border Collie had somehow manged to knock the tin onto the floor and had eaten the whole Christmas cake, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus Figurines as well. He was so sick for 4 days, V* and d*and I could not bear to be downstairs with the poor puppy. He got over it though and we were quite releived when the Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus figures came out the other end. I do not think he likes Christmas cake anymore though and for some reason neither do I!

My german shepherd just had an incident earlier this week. He had threw up in his crate, so it was sort of on him, and I let him out and then he had diarhea, and threw up again. The gross part is that my dog eats turds and the entire house smelled like major poop. I had to open the windows to air out the house (and we live in North Dakota!! Good thing it's been a mild winter!!!) It was so gross.

Usually I don't have a problem with them being sick, but this time was just too much. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

My cat v* hairballs every now and then. That isnt a big deal. My pug v* every once in a while but it doesnt bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

2 boxes of sparkly crayons (boy, pooper-scooper duty that week was interesting)

That's so funny! I had a dog that LOVED to eat crayons and his poop was always colorful!

My dogs get sick frequently and I can't say I panic, but I don't like it. I hate the smell of it and the sight - yet it isn't the same as human V*. The smell just bothers me a lot... and I am very sensitive to smells already.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

When I was a kid, I would run from my animals if they v*ed.

Now, it doesn't put me into a panic or anything, hairballs have no effect on me whatsoever.

Although, we went camping this summer, and stayed in a little cabin. Well, my beagle (whom I had to give away due to a move I could not control [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]) got into something, and was brutally ill that night. This tiny cabin, and her v*ing and d* all over the place. That, my friends, was GROSS [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]. It kinda gave me a bit of a gag reflex thing, but no panic.

Crystal

PS....Damn, i miss that dog [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

I dont like to watch when animals v

i only heard one dog, but never saw. knock the wood.

i dont have dog, nor car in my house.

i don't like to watch them do it and i don't like to clean it up. so yeah it does bother me but only because it makes me start thinking about v*. one time no one else was home so i cleaned up after my dog because i didn't want to just leave it there.

I definitely can't watch it, but I can clean it up, I mean it's unpleasant but I can deal. I never really had to worry baout my dog since she lived outside, but my boyfriend's dog and cat both tthrow up all the time, I've never had to clean it up though, I would if I had to though, like if I was taking car of them

It doesn't bother me at all when an animal v*s, I can clean it up no problems.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I had this problem this morning with my dog. It was the sound. I made me feel like I was going to gag so I promptly left and had a panic attack. Hurrah.

I could never ever clean up dog s*.
    I traded my dreams for this mess of memories,
    And they just stopped working for me.

Like most of you, I don't have a problem although I did when i was little, whenever my dogs would heave and gag I would leave the room and my mom or dad would claen it up...since then I'll drop paper towels on the floor with Prosolve and wipe with my shoes lol....my cat puke I can clean because usually i think it is just a fur bal on the floor and go to pick it up, only to discover it;s not just fur...lol