Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

ok i've been reading up on emetophobia for awhile now because i'm pretty sure i have it. i would never want to have to v**** ever but i also have a fear of other people doing. i can't be around it, see it, smell it, even when people pretend to do it i get freaked out. is that still emetophobia or is there another name for that as well?

Sounds like classic emetophobia to me.

yup I agree clasic emet *waves to chica*

Im soo tired hate insomnia [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Howdy new emet found friend!!! I have both cases of it too, but I'm working on dealing with others V* just with the exposure therapy my job is providing currently (teaching).
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Hey! I have both cases of that also, so welcome! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

alright so i'm an emetophobe either way....awesome.

oh man. i hate having this fear.

Any fear of vomiting in any form is emetophobia. The phobia has a wide range from mild discomfort to acute phobia to PTSD (post-traumatic-stress-disorder), the most severe form of it. It can be triggered by anything associated with vomiting (yourself, others, etc.)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I believe like the others that you are emet - so welcome to the site where we are all afraid of V* inmany different forms. Any fear associated with V* is classed as emetophobia.

Please feel free to post and questions or any worries you have. This is a friendly site and we all know what you are going through. We will try to help you through your rough times with this fear as well as celebrating with you your triumphs [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

thank god. im at the right place. i have the SAME EXACT problems so dont feel alone. &amp;&amp; i thought it was only me with these insane fears. ive always known ive had something wrong with me ever since my first V* experience that i remember of. i cant even talk about v*ing with friends, it freaks me out.

it's really a horrible fear. if you're afarid of roller coasters, just don't go to an amusement park. if you're afraid of snakes, don't go to a pet store. if you're afraid of eggs, don't eat eggs. but it's like hey i'm afraid of V* andi have no idea when or where it'll happen. i thought i was all alone for awhile and then an "aquaintence" had the same problem. i read up on it and finally found a name for it and now...a whole community.

its sucks that people thing it's a joke and they constantly make fun of me.i mean yea it's kind of a weird phobia but we all have weird phobias and i've respected everyone else's. some of the girls that i work with were talking to me and one has a fear of whales and big boats another had a fear of ET....i don't know if they have names for that. so we definitely have a better fear cuz ours has a name! haha.

i just hope this isn't a lifelong thing. as of right now i don't want to have any kids but if i do...i AM NOT dealing with morning sickness...or my own kid getting sick. i'd rather.....i have no idea, but i'm not doing it. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by vixxx

another had a fear of ET....i don't know if they have names for that. so we definitely have a better fear cuz ours has a name! haha.
    Well look at it this way: at least we're not afraid of something that does not even exist.
    Edited by: pidgit

Quote Originally Posted by vixxx

ijust hope this isn't a lifelong thing. as of right now i don't want to have any kids but if i do...i AM NOT dealing with morning sickness...or my own kid getting sick. i'd rather.....i have no idea, but i'm not doing it. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

same here vixxx! i mean, yeah i want kids but i dont want to deal with them getting sick at all, or pregnancy sickness. i'd rather kill myself then have to help my kid through their V*ing.