Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panicking!

I'm feeling a little freaked out & don't know which way to turn or who to talk to.. my son has been at his dads since Friday night & is due to come home anytime! I rung him this morning & he says he had bad belly ache last night accompanied by a splitting headache [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]He had apparentlychewed his way through awhole packet of bubble gum just before he started to feel ill butnothing happened, like V* or D* but I am panicking now just incase he is ill in the night & starts with a full blown sv* or some other kind of illness. He apparentlyseems OKthis morning with no belly ache but still has the headache. I guess there is nothing REALLY wrong with him as I hear he's been wafting his light sabre round the house, pretending to be Darth Vader, I just can't shake the skitty feeling off & feel like crying.. & I daren't feed him, just incase the inevitable happens...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

God I hate been like this & thought I was just calming down now the brighter weather had arrived.

I hope I get some sleep tonightas I am on edge & can't relax..

I hope your son is ok. How old is he? Maybe its because he was chewing gum, this can cause some gas. Just give him lots of water and a little bit of toast.

I hope he is ok, let us know. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both. Try not to worry as this will scare him. I am sure if he has been running around he is ok. I had a headache all last week, but nothing else.

Let us know how he is.

Take care

Fifi

xxxx

My son is 7.. he also said he had been up all night farting & burping so possibly it could have been just the gum (hopefully)

I don't ever let him see me in a state of panic, but I reckon he knows about my emet, as when he is sick he tells me 'Don't look mummy if you don't want cosI know you don't like it' He's a little sweetheart most of the time

I think i'll just give himsome Calpol, bath him & tuck him up in bed & hope thats it for the night.....

I'll keep you posted... thanks for being there

Thats ok. I hope he is ok tonight. I am here if you need to chat. Let me know how he is in the morning. Maybe it was just trapped wind inside him.

Have a good nite.

Love

Fifi

I hope he is fine. Sounds like it was the gum...

Eww, just the THOUGHT of bubble gum makes me gag - I can't stand the stuff! Keep him away from the gum!

[img]smileys/smilies_31.gif[/img]

Well so far so good (touchwood) He went to bed happy as larry swinging his light sabre round & singing. He says his headache is gone for now & the belly ache has gone so I reckon it was the gum.. kids eh.. they make me panic over the least little thing.. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]I've told him though if he has a headache in the morning he can stay off school.. who's gonna take a guess on him having one!! lol

Anyway, thank you all for your support through my little bit of trauma - it helped to know there was someone out there who understood [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

How is your son today? Hope you had a goodnite.

Let me know how he is.

Love

Fifi

xxxxx[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I was wondering the same. How is the little one feeling today?
    \"This too shall pass\"

hey hunni, try not to worry about it. chewing gum makes your tummy produce acid cuz it thinks food is coming, so this is bound to burn and cause pain, but nothing else. especially as he has been fine for a while after his tummy ache.

Hope all is well, Hannah x

All is well [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I let him have the day off school yesterday as he said he was feeling very tired & achy& he drove me mad acting about & being more lively than ever, but it sure beats him being ill! He says he's completely better this morning & I got to admit he looks in the pink so i'm just going to make his lunch box & send him on his way..

On a brighter note - we had a new kitchen fitted & our bathroom tiled yesterday & it looks great so i'm feeling on top of the world too [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thank you all for your concern, your're all great!

Uh oh.. my 2 yr oldlittle girl is ill [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]She woke up this morning & looked a bit red in the face & was whinging an awful lot. She had her breakfast & played quietly for a bit, then asked for some cheese, so I gave her some. When I came back into the room she was gagging & then promptly v*ed all over the floor!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I know this is awful but I left her to it for a few seconds to regain my composure & went back in & cleaned her up & the cheezy mess on the floor. Now I don't know if she gagged because she stuffed too much in or if she is ill. Its not like her to be tired through the day but she is fast asleep now in bed.. She asked to go & was very weak trying to climb the stairs.... bless her..

I have been cuddling her & kissing her head throughout the day & am now panicking just in case she has anything bad festering in her.. aarggh.. help!

What a great mommy you are to be so comforting. I hope your little one is okay and just having an off day. Keep us posted.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Gosh, I am so sorry for you...i hope your little girl will be ok, and that she doesn't have anything serious....hopefully she just gagged some on the cheese....good luck...let us know.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"