Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Terrified

Hi, I am glad I found this website. I've had this phobia since I was about 4. My husband had the stomach flu and vomited on Tuesday night. My daughter had diarrhea yesterday. I am living in panic that I'll get this bug and vomit too. How can I overcome this anxiety? I bought some emetrol and will take it but I am consumed by my fear at the moment. Thank you.

Do you have any anti anxiety meds to take also? I would really try to relax and stay calm...if you can, i know it's really hard in that situation. Keep your hands extra clean, and try not to be touching your face. Gosh, i wish you weren't going through this..but sometimes we just have to and make the best of it if we can.....good luck, and let us know how it goes.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I find that opening windows in the house minimises anyone getting bugs or infections, as the air helps to get rid of them! I know it's cold at the moment but i really think it would minimise your chance of catching anything...and it's good practice for the rest of the year too

Opening the windows and bleaching everything down is the best bet. Especially focus on communal surfaces like faucets, toilet seat handles, door handles, television selectors, light switches, etc.

Stella

How is everything going now? Is everyone better? I hope so. Take care.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.