Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

After the recent thread about things we do being an emet to help ourself's get through each day and things that we must do as well!!

Well I was thinking maybe we could write out lists of things we do at night to help ourselfs sleep,see if we can give some good ideas for each other,never know may help?

So il start then :

<ul>[*]Leave the tv on for some noise and comfort[*]Always have my phone around me incase i need to call my gf for support[*]try reading light mostly trashy magazines[*]have a bin in my room just incase[*]have a towel or something similar as well[*]a glass of water/juice (I get a dry mouth when im anxious)[*]keep my phenegran in my room near to me[*]I do sometimes use relaxing music[*]try not to eat about 2-3hours before I go to sleep[*]try and talk to my mate lucinda on here before I sleep (she really helps)[*]make sure I have this site bookmarked every night (seems weird but I need to check I know where you guys are)[/list]Thats about all I can think of at the moment,sorry I should add more but im a sleepy today.

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I usually keep my computer on for light and if there's a problem I can get here really fast I have a superstition about keeping my television on, because when I was little I used to sleep with it on all the time, and when I was eight my parents finally got me to sleep with no tv. I put it on randomly one night when I was bored, fell asleep with it on, and woke up at 4:00am v*ing and had a terriblesv! Obviously it had nothing to do with the tv being on but,my television cannot even be plugged in when I go to sleep now!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Let's see, here's what I do:
    1. <LI>Leave the TV on all night</LI>
      <LI>Often fall asleep playing online games on my laptop</LI>
      <LI>Sleep on two pillows so I'm not completely flat.</LI>
      <LI>Check my kids before I go to bed that they are sleeping well and touch their cheeks to make sure they aren't feverish. If I have any suspicion that they may be ill I move all of their stuffed animals off their beds and have my pan and cloth diapers ready (they can be bleached).</LI>
      <LI>Always ask my hubby how he's feeling before he goes to sleep. LOL he doesn't even realize how this is my phobia talking--just thinks it's sweet!</LI>
      <LI>When I'm having a bad night, I'll lie on the couch and watch familiar movies I know all the lines to like When Harry Met Sally or Ratrace or Christmas Vacation. Sometimes I'll even go outside and sit awhile for the fresh air (winter) or to listen to the crickets and katydids (summer)</LI>

<font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

lol i always just make sure i have a hefty supply of Gravol right beside my bed

Bedtime is my favorite time of the day. It's my time to turn off my brain and not be able to think anymore about bills, work, and anything else that is going on. I like to put on Nick at Nite b/c I love those shows. I always sleep with a light on in case I have to get up and pee, but that's about it.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

princessmel - I love those Nick at Nite shows too!!! Full House & Fresh Prince of Bel Air are a great classic!!! These reruns will never get old...

Chally - You are right. They never get old.lol My favorite is Roseanne. I'm watching it right now. That's why I stay up late, so I can watch it.lol I eventually fall asleep. In the morning, I get upset b/c the shows end at 9am here.lol
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Good thought, I think I'll go turn the TV on right now...it's time to get to bed anyways!

It's about time for me too. Good night!!
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Night times are when I have all my bad habits...during the day it's not too bad cos I have distractions. But there's so much I do at night time (presumably cos I've only ever been ill unexpectedly in the night)

<ul>[*]Leave the blind open a little so theres light coming in from the steet lights
    [*]If I can get away with it without my mum getting mad I leave the bathroom light on but its closer to her room so usually I can't
    [*]Always have my phone under my pillow and on so if I have a panic I cant txt someone, read some txts if its late or play games
    [*]I always always have a drink of water. This came from when I last had a sv. I woke up feeling really thirsty and dehydrated.
    [*]I always have an empty bin right beside the bed.
    [*]I also always tie my hair back...thats from the 1st time I got ill.
    [*]I always start off laying on my left and can only turn onto my right when I'm just about to fall asleep. If I turn to early I worry I'll be ill. No idea why
    [*]I always have my bedroom door open always always. I can't sleep with it closed but apparently I've been like that since I got my own room when I was a baby[/list]
    <font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

i hate night times. im up at the moment actually because my room mate is out, andi actually cant sleep in a room on my own. im too scared that i might vomit and faint and choke, or that i will just be sick and there will be no one there to hear me. so im waiting up til she is back. the only thing is though is that she will probably be really drunk so i wont be able to sleep in the same room as her anyway. but anyway

i always always listen to music on my headphones, that was i can just sing along in my head an not think about vomiting

constantly have water by my bed to sip(the feeling of the water going to my stomach helps me feel that no food is coming up)

always sleep with two or three pillows so im not flat

also, this may sound completely strange, but when i have a bad night(ie when im sure im going to be sick)i wait up for ages til im absolutely exhausted, then try and get to sleep. but even when im laying down and half asleep, my stomach does this weird jumpy thing and i sit dead upright. its so weird. im never sick though so itt must be in my head but i dont know how it can be in my head if my brain is half asleep?

1. I always have a glass of water next to my bed incase i wake up feeling ill, when i panic my mouth gets really dry!

2. Keep tissue and my phone next to me so if i cant sleep i can play on the games, read the texts or look at the photos.

3. If im having one of my bad nights i stay up as late as possible watchin tv. i always watch repeats of shows ive seen earlier in the night or a funny film like the lampoon vacation films. Then if im really tired i will go to bed and leave the curtains open and only sleep on my left side, facing the window.

4. I always keep my hair tied back!

5. If i feel ill, i will push all of my covers off me and let myself get really cold and then put them over me again. dunno why it doesnt really do anything!!!!

jenni_seven i get that weird stomach jump thing. if i am half asleep i will suddenly get it and jump up out of bed, i remember i kept getting it and i was freaking out, everytime i was almost asleep it would do it again, also if i get it once i feel like i have to act as if i got it again so it doesnt seem so weird [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]lol sorry if that doesnt make sense

x abbie x

Wow, I can't believe how simililar we all our in our bedtime habits! Mine aren't really even worth posting because people have already said them all, lol!
    <UL>
    <LI>Always have water next to my bed. When I'm panicking, I have to have water to sip. Also, if I wake up with a tickle in my throat and start coughing, I'll sometimes feel like I'm going to gag, and that's scary. So, water is a must!</LI>
    <LI>Have my radio tuned in to a quiet, soothing radio station. None of you guys live near me, so you wouldn't know it, but there's one in my area called Freshstream FM - it's the country area station, they play all sorts of nice calming music late at night. I'll sometimes fall asleep with it on, very quietly.</LI>
    <LI>Have my notebook next to my bed. This is a big habit of mine - if I'm worrying, and can't talk to anyone, I write it down in my book...sort of like, talking sense into myself. </LI>
    <LI>Having my sheets folded neatly and thinly, and not all bulked up around my neck. lol, I hate that. Sometimes I'll wake up really hot and n* if that happens. </LI>
    <LI>Hair tied back, always. This stems from the last time I v*d too [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]really bad memories there. Ughh. </LI>
    <LI>I HAVE to be wearing boxer shorts! Again, last time I v*d I was wearing some kind of frilly night dress (I was 8), and ever since then I've been petrified to wear anything similar to bed. So, silky PJ's and shorts.</LI>
    <LI>2 pillows, always. Puffy pillows, too ^_^</LI>[/list]
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Ido most of the things mentioned above except for one: I wouldn't have a basin or a bucket anywhere in my room. To me, that's just asking for it to happen! Also, v* receptacles,even empty ones, give me the creeps!

me too, i cant even look at a bucket![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    x abbie x