Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I need some help...

I was just sitting here at my computer, and started to feel a little sick. I ate a really big dinner (i went out, but i dont have a fear of that), and felt fine. I felt a little sick before the dinner, but I was really hungry! I was fine after, but then all of a sudden I felt kind of nauseous...I dont have a fever or anything, but i dont know what this is! I'm hoping it's anxiety, but I'm really nervous that it's an SV or FP...eeek!!! Help!!!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Maybe it's just the fact that you were so hungry beforehand. Sometimes
    when I'm starving and I eat a lot I feel kinda weird for a little while
    afterward.

Feel better, calm down and hang in there. Keep us posted, too.

70% of the time whenever i eat a meal..
    afterwards i feel gross...
    and guess what..
    95% of the time its just going through the digestion process...
    in about a half hour you'll probably be feeling better.
    ginger tea!

alright, well i feel a little less nauseous now, but my stomach kind of hurts now. Hopefully just digestion...I ate vietnamese food, which I really like, but it was my first asian food since I got back from spain, and I ate a LOT (rice, noodles, lemongrass chicken, etc.) so hopefully my stomach is just figuring out what it's supposed to do again. Please!!!

I'm gonna try to go to sleep cause I cuold possibly be overtired too...but it's so hard! I'm just so afraid that i'll wake up in the middle of the night sick...are any of you afraid of that!

I really hope i'm okay...thanks guys, you helped me put it in another perspective. Hopefully it's just digestion and eating a whole lot of "new" food.

<3 Anya--

That same thing happened to me yesterday... I ate very little all day, so I was hungry, then after eating my dinner I just felt so gross. I just lay down for awhile and felt better. I think eating after being that hungry just has that gross effect sometimes. You should be fine

Sounds like gas to me hun or maybe IBS..

Strange things happin when we eat I hate eating >.<

I spend alot of time thinking about how I feel before I eat then after ect and you know what its a waste of time because I should learn to enjoy food but with this its so hard,but thats really good to hear that you went out and had a large meal and something new,I couldnt do that AT ALL!!

So I hope when you wake you are feeling alot better but let us know

*hugs*

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm at the stage now where I can't tell the difference between genuinely feeling ill and the normal digestive processes. Whenever I get that horrible "oh-oh, I ate too much" feeling, I have some ginger tea or peppermint tea or chew some gum. Chewing gum really seems to help, as it gives me the feeling of an empty tummy.

Hope this helps!

Fiona x

Thanks you guys! I woke up and I was fine.

Violet, that's a good point about us thinking too much about how we feel when we eat. It's weird,we should just enjoy the food because it is GOOD!

Thaks a lot, you all really helped me!

<3 Anya--

Anya-

I am SO afraid of going to sleep and waking up sick in the middle of the night! I guess that's because whenever I have an sv* that's how it always happens. I'm glad you're feeling better!!

Kristina
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Glad you are feeling better. Remember this experience next time you are sick so that you can tell yourself "Remember that one time I thought for sure I was going to be sick and it went away and I woke up feeling just fine"... That's what I tell myself to do, anyway
    \"This too shall pass\"

I also fear waking up ill cos that's how it always happened with me as a child. The last time I was unwell it happened before I went to sleep...still woke up in the night tho [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Anyway - glad you are feeling better now. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Quote Originally Posted by blondie90

Anya-

I am SO afraid of going to sleep and waking up sick in the middle of the night! I guess that's because whenever I have an sv* that's how it always happens.

Kristina
    Thats so me! As much as I hate people having to feel the way I am cos it's horrible it makes me feel better.
    I only remember getting ill twice...but I've actually had v* 4 times and every time was in the middle of the night.

I often tell myself during the day that I'll be fine cos 'I only get ill at night' so you'd think I'd be ok but I still hate going to public places just incase. And then at night it's even worse.

xxx.
    <font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>