Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay....right now I'm taking a lisencing class. Most of the people in there are parents and all day today they were talking about how their kids are all sick and a lot of them were on their cell phones finding out that their kids were sick. So, all these parents are going to go home tonight and be taking care of these sick kids, then tomorrow I'm going to have to go to class and be around them. Am I going to catch something?????? I like don't even want to go tomorrow, but I paid a lot of money to go to this class. I've been washing my hands a lot and trying not to touch anything. What do you think?!?!?
    All that we send into the lives of others,
    comes back into our own.

Oh dear - what a hellish situation to be in!!

Why don't you take some echinacea to boost your immune system - and take vitamins and stuff. You're doing all you can.

If you are that worried stay away. It'll do you no good paniking in class. Do remember that it is the kids (who have weaker immune systems) and not the parents who have this.

As much as I hate it people refer to sick as allsorts of things - it can just mean a cold or headache...I panic too whenever "I feel sick" is said - even though sometimes it does mean plain feeling rough. I'm sure the English Language needs a few more words to help clarify this point!

I hope you feel confident enough to tackle your class tomorrow - just try telling yourself you'll be fine. Also if you do go perhaps you could sit next to someone without kids or whose kids are not ill - or maybe on your own if that will reduce your worry...
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Geez! This stuff is everywhere...

What state are you in?

I'm in Indiana. I was just hoping that all this talk about Feb. being the worst month was true. I did end up going to class today. Paranoid the whole time. I'm just feeling very hopeless right now. I can't escape it. I've been checking my temperature all day b/c I keep thinking I have a fever.

So do you think that I have a good chance of getting something? I guess I just want to know if I am or not. And I can't. I have no way of knowing.

None of the people that I'm normally around have been sick, so I've been able to kinda relaxing. But then I go to this class and its like the main topic. I just want someone to tell me that its okay and that I'm not going to get sick, ya know?
    comes back into our own.

As long as you keep your distance, follow the emet rules of hand washing, not touching your face, I think you'll be ok. You aren't going home w/ these people to pick up the germs in their house, you are in a classroom, a more neutral environment. I would be a little freaked out to, but, do your best to concentrate on what you are studying and try not to let this get the best of you.
    &lt;a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

im from indiana. where in indiana are you? ive probably asked you this
    before.

just keep your hands washed and be glad you're not them!

I'm really freaking out you guys. I really don't feel good. I mean, none of the parents are sick in the class, its just their kids at home. I've washed my hands all day, but just w/ that hand sanatizer. Does that even work. I'm seriously freaking out. I just wanna go home.
    comes back into our own.

why are you freaking out?
    you havent been directly exposed.
    the only thing you'd touch are door knobs that they do.
    and if you wash, then theres no big deal whatsoever.
    and they arent even ill!

I know I know. I just get to thinking about it and ahhhh! So you're in Indiana too? Crazy. I'm around the Indianapolis area. Maybe we can be like support buddies or something haha!
    comes back into our own.