Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Someone Please Help Me!

Im scared, because i dont feel well i have a cold and yesterday i had a really bad panic attack cos i didnt feel well i had a headache and a weird stomach but mum said it was because i have a cold and im also 8 and a half months pregnant!!!

i dont feel well and i dont want to be sick!! PLEASE SOMEONE TALK TO ME!!

will i be sick!! help me please [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

i doubt you will be sick hun..i am so sorry u feel that way..im here if u need to talk, well it does sound like its just your cold probably the headache too..remember you have a baby in your tummy and it tends to make you feel wierd at times maybe you are hungry?
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

i got up at 8.45am and havent eaten anything yet because i dont feel hungry.. im too scared to eat in case i be sick ive just had orange juice and nothing else... this is my first baby as im only 16 so i dont know how your stomach is supposed to feel....
    im really scared i might be sick but i cant keep going on about it too my mum because she sometimes gets annoyed because i complain every single day and i cry most days too!!

Well then thats probably it, your very young and your bodys still changing..i am 18 havent had a baby, but alot of my friends have, just keep telling youself that you wont be sick, cause chances are you arent goin o be, cause out of all the time su have had a panic attack and felt sick, how mnay time shave u actually gotten sick? very rarely right, and im sure if you were goin to be sick you would have by now..just calm down, and maybe get your mum to give u a neck massage? or just do sumthing you enjoy to take your mind off things, it will pass, and you will get through this, trust me!!
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

i have like a panic attack mostly everyday and i havent been sick ever when i have had one... i used to suffer with this phobia when i was very young and then i sorta grew out of it... then when i got pregnant it came back and i have no idea why...
    do you suffer with this phobia??

its probably cause your scared, your still really young and having a baby is a huge desicsion,and alone with it comes problems, especially with pregnacy your body is flowiing with tones of hormones and there is a human being growing inside you

and yep, and i do have this phobia sadly..feel sick everyday and panic but not as bad as it used to be.i have more knowledge now and can handle it better, i right now have my time of the month and feel a bit n* and have pain too but im trying my best to ignore it..hun just relax and take deep breaths, your going to be just fine, trust me on this.

im glad that your here to talk to me,
    im not alone with this baby i still have my partner with me... we have been together nearly 2 years... he lives here with me and my parents but he gets fed up of me going on about being sick...
    some days are worse than others... some are ok and i can deal with them then i have a day where i cannot cope what so ever and i just break down!!

lol sorry i meant *along not alone thats great that you have someone there with you, me n my b.f of over 3 years just broke up..anyway lol im sure you'll be jjust fine with this, and yah i know what i mean about breakin down i have one of those every few days haha..its horrible but atleast we are not alone with it i mean it could be alot worse..

True i know it could be worse and its like my mum says to me ... your not dying.. think off all those people out their that have cancer and are dying are your sat here complaining of being sick!!
    i know what she means but its still hard for me to cope with bein sick i really dont want to be!! and i try so hard to take my mind off it but i cant"

yyeah i knoww!! easier said then done..everybody tells me that im being stupid and its all in my head..if only they knew wat it feels like eh

Yup... i know what you mean!
    im nearly in tears now because ive just had a huge argument with my boyfriend over it!
    i try telling him its not in my head i really dont feel well but he doesnt listen he doesnt realise what its like to be like us!! im so scared i dont want to be sick!!! but im fallen out with him now so he wnt help me i dont know what to do!!!

Hey Abbey!!You say your 8.5 months pregnant?? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]When I was that far on in both of my pregnancies I felt exactly the same as you AND I had diahorrea! It sounds like your lil one could be on his/her way. Its the bodies way of telling you that 'things' are happening in there!! It may not feel like it now but it's ever so exciting that you're gonna be a mum soon [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I have two kids (7 & 2) & I was only 19 when I had my 1st one & I know its scary as hell but sooooo worth it!!

The cold.. you probably picked that up as your body maybe run down from being pregnant.. the headache could be linked to the cold BUT also can be a hormonal thing.. also the sickness.. not nice but as girlies we have to put up with the damn hormones.. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Please try not to worry (easy for me to say I knowsat here feeling ok) but you WILL be fine! Eat something like a banana, pasta or toast (for energy)& relax with a comedy (works for me)

Sounds like you have a b/f the same as my other half, he can't understandabout emetophobiabut we are all here for you should you need advice & a good chat...

My msn is [email protected] if you need a comforting ear anytime...

Good luck with the baby & remember... RELAX!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks for the advice...
    why is it so hard for your partner to understand about emet?? i wudnt wish this on anyone but sometimes i just wish he could realise how horrible it is to feel like this every single day!!
    i dont want to split up with him but i want him to understand...
    will i be sick?? im so scared i just feel thirsty all the time... and im scared that might be a symptom of being sick!!

Nah, i'm sure you won't be sick! If youare though.. it won't last forever & I suppose its better out than in..!

I know what you mean about not wishing it on anyone, but it would be nice for non believers to feel the panic & fear we feel...

As for the thirst.. I get dry mouth when i'm stressed &scared.. justtry drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself & babyhealthy.

Do you know what you're having yet? Have you thought of any names? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

little girl going to call her Kayleigh...
    i dont care wether its better out than in i realy dont want to be sick!!!
    wud i av been sick by now if i have been feeling like this since 9am?

*sends some comfort and cuddles*

Just distract yourself, hunny, as people have said it's probably just panic and hormones. You won't be sick

Just make sure you eat - maybe have something with ginger in it? I know it's good for travel sickness because it helps your mind calm down a little Don't want to harm your little girl

Abbey hi, i got your email, how are you doing now?

x abbie x

Thank you guys...
    Like you all said yesterday i was fine, i started to feel a little worse as the night came but thats usual for me as i panic more at night.. but i fell asleep and woke up this morning at 8.45am....
    Im still slightly scared thought because i still think i might be sick today... i dont know its just always on my mind if i get worse will you guys help me again please??
    Im getting in the bath now, because none of my parents are awake yet so i cant do much else.... its snowing!!! ...lol
    P.s .... my dad does tattoos and i had my first one yesterday!! ... didnt even hurt... its just sore now i had a playboy bunny on my shoulder!! ...
    how is everyone?