Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My hard work in therapy is starting to pay off!! I had a client in custody yesterday, and his mom brought his baby to court. So my kid, while shackled, is holding the baby, and I'm standing right next to him. He's not paying attention to anything but the baby, even though the Judge is talking to him. All ofa sudden, I'm watching the baby, and it spits up all over the place. I felt.............NOTHING!!! Not a damn thing. No anxiety, no fear at all!!!!!! I tapped his mom on the shoulder and asked her to clean the kid up, but that's it!

I'm getting better. Woo hoo!!!!!!!
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

congratulations[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

WELL DONE I'm so happy for you [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

What sort of therapy are you having?
    I traded my dreams for this mess of memories,
    And they just stopped working for me.

I'm doing cognitive-behavioral therapy. I've also been doing exposure therapy since late September of '05. I highly recommend the exposure therapy..it works, just make sure to take small steps.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Well done, kel, I'm so proud of you.

Hey that's great Kel,

I too have mastered the challenge of coping with baby v*. My little neice basically v*'s on anyone she really likes (not quite sure how I feel about that one, but I can't help but forgive her when I see her beautiful eyes and smile).

But for me, the smell of v*is the worst. Does cognitive-behavioural therapy help you to deal with that?

I'm sure you can put something in your hierarchy to help you deal with the smell (try smelling parmesan cheese, that's pretty close).

I tried to desensitize my self but I found it way to hard to do. I am now in therapy again, and my therapist believes we need to find the root of the problem and then we can work to get rid of the fear.