Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi ALL, Remember me and my little guy who was sick on his b-day this past Tues? Well this virus is from HELL. He slooooowly started to get better Wed and Thur. no v* but still d*, eating some too. And Friday, he starts with stomach cramps, more d* and after his nap at 3 pm, he v* again!!! He didn't v* since Tues at 1 am and now Fri again! Then later Fri night. Also I was home ALONE with him....I called my hubby who luckily works 10 min away. I left him in his crib...poor thing...crying for Mommy. Today seems better, he is so tired and has no energy but is eating and nothing yet, it is 4:45 pm here. The doc says this is what they are seeing, a stubborn bug. Once you think they are better, then it bites you again.This better be the end of it because I am hanging by a thread. Everyone wash your hands!!!!!</font>

I am sorry you are going through this. It does sound like a nasty virus. I hope your little boy feels much better soon.

Oh dear, the poor little guy.

Go to the hospital or chemist, if you are worried that he doesn't like the v* (Most kids don't find it that bad until they hit teenage years) and ask for some Anti-Emetics. They stop v*.

Thanks guys,
    It is Sun and he finally had today and yest. fairly normal. He is sooo tired though, no energy. Boy, if that virus doesn't scar him for life, I don't know what will.
    Then yest. my 8 year old daughter woke up feeling queasy and didn't eat much at all. She got a fever last night too. No d* or v* thank God. I couldn't handle any more. This sucks.....sooo drained.

I am glad your little boy is feeling a bit better now. I hope your daughter is o.k. now. Sorry you are feeling so drained. I hope you all feel better soon.

Thank you very much curly wurly...you are soo thoughtful!!!

How is your daughter doing today? I hope (for the both of you) she's ok. I
    am so afraid of the situation you were just in...

K

My daughter is better but she did stay home today (Mon). I called the nurse and she said it is probably a mild form of what my son had. She didn't have any symptoms except for some belly pain and nausea.
    Yes, Karenanna, I was quite afraid, because of how sick my son was. But now I am trying very hard to put it behind me because I always re-live everything and that is always bad. It is incredible how little kids just bounce back. They don't re-live anything bad!!!

I know what you mean about reliving everything. I still keep reliving an sv which my family had a few weeks ago. Each night when I go to bed the images return in my head, though the rest of the family have long forgotton about it now. I am glad your children are feeling better now.

thats great that your daughter didn't get as sick. maybe it was a virus that
    has been around before and her immune system knew how to fight it (as did
    yours). I can vividly recall many horrible images on demand... but fighting
    them away is the best thing you can do. good for you