Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just venting really...my daughter had v* and d* all last night. My son has had d* all morning and has just v* too. I'm coping but it's difficult looking after two of them. I'm cleaning the bathroom like mad, washing anything that might have v* on, but you all know the fear...it's just got to be my turn next. I kind of think it's inevitable, just like I knew it was inevitable that they'd catch this sv.

I'm proud of how well the kids have coped and quite proud of myself for not falling apart!! It's the afternoon here and somehow it's easier to cope with ill kids in the daytime. Still, the waiting game is the worst part.

If I've managed toget both kids to v* in the toilet and bleached afterwards, might this reduce the chance of spread?

Any advice, kind words etc. greatly appreciated! What a s*** weekend!!

Oh maaaan, it's so quiet today...where are you all?????

How are things going now? What time is it where you are? Maybe this will just be a quick sickness and be over soon. How are you feeling?

So sorry you aare going through this. I know how bad you must be feeling. You are doing a great job coping. I really hope your children are better soon and that you do not catch it. My thoughts are with you.

how old are yor kids? where do you think they caught it from? is it going round your area?

My magic potion is lysol, if you have some, just spray it like crazy wherever they go! I hope they feel better soon and I hope you don't catch it! That must be soooo stressful with 2 of them to worry about! Good luck!

Thanks for all you support. They are both sleeping now. It's 5pm in the afternoon here, so they're clearly both worn out.

My daughter is 5 and my son is 9 - he's only v*d once, but lots of d*. He dry heaved about an hour ago though, so I'm hoping that as nothing came up then, then that might be the end of his v*g. My daughter throws up easily though and will probably continue off and on for a while.

We have Dettol in the UK - same as Lysol I guess. And yes, I'm armed with two cans, two bottles of bleach, anti-bac handgel and I'm going at it big time. If only I could do more!

I think the worry about when it's going to happen is worse than when it actually does. I'm on my own here but coping. Just really hope I don't get it though, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Oh, sorry, yes it has been going round but I'd heard it was on thedecline - guess I let my guard down!Edited by: suze

Oh no! You poor thing! I hope they are on the mend!

I read it really bad in New Zealand!

It's been bad in the UK too for the past few months.

Both kids now awake. My son has had d* again but no more v*. My daughter is very unsettled. Guess there's more to come from her!

You are being so brave. I really hope all the v* is over with now and your children soon start to feel better. I hope you are o.k.

Thanks Curly, I guess I am ok, and coping better than i thought i could. I still hate it though and it's the thing i dread most about being a parent. Once it happens though, there's no choice other than to get on with it, is there?

Hope you and your kids are well. Thanks for the support.

Hey Suze-

First off glad to see ya 'round- wish it was in better circumstances though!

The good thing is that you're a grownup, so what your kids' immune systems couldn't fight off, you may be able to. That, or if by chance you do catch it, it may not be as severe. (Just a bit of nausea and some diarrhea, as opposed to full-blown ickiness). Don't think of it as inevitable...that is so self-defeating!

Hope your kids are back to their normal selves very soon (even though it may mean your daughter tearing around the house, hehe). Just make sure to keep them hydrated- that can lead to them feeling worse.

You are such a strong, smart woman- and a great mother. I know being in your position right now is probably scaring the crap out of you- but you can do it!

Good Luck [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Hi Suze, long time no hear. Sad to see your kids are both poorly. Well done in coping with it.

Hope you will remain well.

Lots of love

Fifi

xxxx
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

Hopefully maybe your son is just down to the d* now. I hope that your daughters restlessness is not impending v'ing.

You parents that handle this alone continue to amaze me!! What strength!!!!

suze, I hope you suvive this unscathed!!!! My thoughts are with you.

I hope that you and the kids are ok now. I have a 5 year old and I freak out every time she gets sick and then worry for at least 5 days after that I'm going to catch it. Now I'm pregnant with #2 and I can't even imagine what it will be like to have both kids v*ing at the same since one is bad enough. You are doing a great job - keep up the good work and I hope everyone is ok soon!

Thanks everyone, it's been a tough day but I think we're over the worst. I'm hoping Amber's right in that my stronger immune system will afford me some protection here, and I am trying to stay positive. My son has not been as bad as his little sister - lots of d* but only v*d once.

What's given me strength is seeing how well my kids have coped. My son even apologised for getting sick when i had enough to deal with looking after his sister! Also, after they had both v*d within minutes of each other, he turned to me and said "mum, how do you cope?" And I thought, s***, to him I really seem to be coping; I might be terrified inside but to them, I'm just their mum, who deals with stuff and looks after them. That made me feel good!

Fifi - yeah, I've been away for a while. When the sv was spreading through the UK I got so obsessed with tracking it on the site that I thought it was making my emet worse.Typical though, when you think the danger has gone, it hits you unexpectedly!

Anyway, thanks again. As you all know, it's hard when the kids are sick, it's my worst nightmare, but maternal instincts do take over and when they need you, everything else gets pushed aside. Not that the fear goes away, but at the time, the strength comes from somewhere - just wish I knew where and I'd get some for life!

I'm going through the exact same thing myself over here. My daughter
    has it right now and v* all night last night over and over. I have been
    carrying around my cans of lysol and disinfecting with bleach. I think
    that's all we can do. You should be proud of yourself for how well you
    are handling the situation!

Lisa

Lisa, you should be proud of yourself too! Hope things improve for you, will be thinking of you. Keep us informed.

WOW! You are doing a good job being strong for your kids. They know you don't like it when they get sick and at least they are trying their best to help you take care of them (letting you know how they feel, asking how you are doing, etc...). Your kids know it is hard for you to see them sick, but they are also seeing strength in you right now.

Stay strong and keep on bleaching!!! Do keep us posted... *hugs*
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Suze, you are doing a great job. I hope your children are on the mend and everyone is all better very soon. Hang in there. We are all so proud of you!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks for all your kind words and support. My son seems better (fingers crossed) but my daughter has just v*d again - her last time was 8 hours ago. I expected it as she has a very twitchy stomach and throws up alot. I just want it to end now though, I'm tired and it's night time here. I hate night time, i think something is going to creep up on me and catch me unawares.

sorry because your kids are sick. But you know all kids are sick sometimes, and it will not last long... take vitamines, and give them only light food and be brave

wish you all best

Sorry your daughter v*d again. I hope you are o.k. You are coping so well. I know how you feel about night times. They really are not good. I hope your children feel better soon and that the v* has finally stopped.

I am so sorry you are going through this, it seems like the SVs are never going to end!!! What is the deal?? I hope your kids feel better soon!!

Thanks Curly, they both seem to be sleeping ok now. just the problem of allowing myself to drop off. i'm going to try now though it's scaring me. i coped well all day but night times are a different ball game altogether. Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me, and i hope to bring good news in the morning!!

Update - my son has recovered and is eating normally. He still has d* but I should expect that to continue for a couple of days - is that right? My daughter has had some toast but is still complaining of feeling sick. I guess there may be more to come there but she always takes longer to get over these things.

Although I hate the night time, I got through it and feel better now the sun is shining. I've even managed to eat!! I still fear getting it and know I've got a few days to go before I'm in the clear, but at least it's on its way out as far as the kids are concerned.

Thanks again for all your support.

suze ..
    well done with coping with it i wouldnt be able to.
    I thought the sickness bug in the uk was supposed to have gone now?? .. .well obviously not..
    where abouts in the uk are you?

Hey Suze, well done, you have done a great job. I'm glad to readthat your son seems to be on the mend, and Ihope your daughter starts to feel alot better really soon. You are a fantastic mum. I'll be thinking of you in the next few days, and fingers crossed that you won't get it too.

Well, thanks everyone for helping me through this. It's been nearly 24 hours since my daughter v*d. She's not eaten much today and has complained alot of feeling sick but she's exhausted and can get like that when tired. My son is eating for Britain again!

It seems they are better but the waiting is still ongoing for me. I feel Ok so far so hoping I'll get through this.

Thanks again.

You are doing great. I also had to pull myself together when my 3 yr old had it on tues. The things we do for our children!!LOL[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]