Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Triggers

Just curious. Are there any certain things/places/pieces of music/TV shows that trigger your emet?

Weird question, I know! Its just I was thinking about this. The last time I was s*, I can clearly remember (don't laugh, lol) Felix the Cat being on TV just as I was starting to get n*, and ever since then, I've been terrified of everything relating to that show! Pretty oscure, I know. But its funny the way we connect how we were feeling at that time, to what was going on around us.

Do you guys have any weird triggers for your emet/panic attacks? Things you won't go near, places you won't visit,or meals you won't eat because they bring back bad memories, or make you feel uneasy?
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Of course,

Often visual's go onto represent what the vibe was at the time, what you were talking about, how you were feeling.

I recently went on holiday and just cut through a meatball about to put it in my mouth, it looked a little pink and my mum (completely out of the blue) just said "remember what happened when you last ate them?"

I was like "AARRRRGGHH". So I did not eat anything.

normally if one of the kids is ill ... thats sets me off......

im abit funny with meat tend to WAY overcook it and then sometimes i still wont eat it ........

i dont go to pubs and that cozi feel uneasy about not being near home [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]