Quote Originally Posted by charzysbebe

Purple-My book isa story about my life, and how my emet came about. It is packed full of my honest opinions about how I think I became an emet through tragic events (my mother's food poison incident), lack of trust, abuse, and so on.

My book is basically my non-fiction story of my life, and ways I have lost the battle with emet, and eventually won. I say it is a form of "self-help" and that is what many agents have told me it is considered as. This book is not going to have PhD behind my name, nordoes it have anything at all medical in it (not what I am trying to do). This book is to help people to understand that they are not along with emet, share my life's stories of experiences, and also show them that no one has to live with this phobia; it can be cured.

What is my main reason for writing?? Because that is what I love to do. Words just flow out onto paper when I sit and let my mind wander. I am not writing for the money (cuz lord knows the chances of getting rich being a first-time author writing about this particular phobia), I am writing for inspiration, and because I want to help others with my story.

Lastly, I guess I am still a bit confused as to where you get "anyone can get published". After you have gotten published (along with your pre-published friends) then I will believe that statement. Why do I say that? Because I have about every publishers guide ever written, and they ALL say exactly the opposite of what you say. Now if you said, "any sales person" can publish, I would believe you, because that is what it is all about.It's about selling yourself, and then it's about the market for that particular topic. Those are the 2 major determanents.

Charlotte

Now I finally understand what your book is going to be about! I thought it was going to be more medically based and or self-help, instead of a more of a memoir. I am a fan of memoirs, that I will admit, and would probably give your book a good look on the shelf. Speaking of memoirs, I haven't gotten a new one to read in a lonnnnnggg time.... hhmmmm... :::makes a mental note to get to the bookstore soon:::

Good luck with the publishing process. We can agree to disagree about who gets published and that be okay. I'm rooting for you and hope you get signed very soon.