Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This will be my first post here, and I'm so glad that I've finally found a place where other people understand how I feel!

Its flu season once again, and I am a SEVERE emet... not a day goes by where I don't break into a sweat with worry about whether or not I would be sick. It haunts me whenever I eat, whenever I take a bus ride, whenever I lay down to go to sleep. I worry that when I get older (I'm only 17 now) it will be a lot worse! Unfortunately, no one here takes my fear really seriously, and they don't understand how severe it can get.

Over our march break, a lot of my friends came down with a stomach flu, and I didn't know about this until today (this was last week). 8 People went home with it today in my math class, and my math teacher is getting it too, as well two of my friends went home sick! Now I won't touch anything around my face without bathing my hands in sanitizer (which I keep in my purse wherever I go) I won't share food, won't eat with my hands, won't go into bathrooms... even the slightest sign of discomfort around my middle makes me freak out. I don't know how to handle this anymore!

where in canada are you? ( paranoia sets in ) Welcome to the site as well

I'm in Nova Scotia. Its scary here right now!

Hey Phobos!

I'm fifteen, so I know how it is having this phobia when you're young. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I'm really sorry that the sv* experience had to happen to you!

Welcome! Post anytime you want, the people here are amazingly helpful.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

thank you very much Its great to finally find people like me.