Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: What is this???

DH has had d* since Friday. He doesn't have n*, but he has no appetite. He slep like ALL night and day today, then he went to the Dr. and the dr said that he probably has a "bug". He gave him antibiotics. Would this be an SV? I'm SCARED!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

it sounds kind of like a sv*, just because he is so tired and has no appetite, but doctors usually don't give antibiotics for a sv*, atleast i've never gotten them. what kind of antibiotic did he prescribe? i hope he feels better soon! and you too!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

That's what has me so confused is the antibiotic. I don't know what kind it is, because he never went and got it filled.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Actually it's called Cipro.

I'm gonna freak out at work all night. I hate midnights. Wish me luck!!

Last summer, my son, husband, and both my daughters had some kind of diarrhea bug. For about 2-3 days, all they did was have diarrhea, sleep, and run fever. No nausea, no v'ing. When they went to the doctor, they said it was a bacterial infection causing the diarrhea because the white blood cell count (CBC) was elevated. I dont think the doctor called it an actual SV, but I think it was some form of one. As for me getting it, I had one day, more like a few hours one day, where I didnt feel well, had a little stomach pain, no appetite, and some diarrhea, and then was perfectly fine.

I hope he gets to feeling better and that you stay well!!!! Keep us posted.

Well it seems like the pills your husband is on is for a wide range of bacterial infections in your gut and uti infections as well.

So Im thinking, this could just be a gut sv* something that he may have picked up by hand or eaten,as its just d* thats what it sounds like..

So loads of hand washing no sharing cups ect and dont use the same towel to dry your hands with,make sure he keeps his fluids up and hopefully all is well soon hun

Take Care and keep us posted,any other questions im around

*hugs*

xx

It sounds more like an intestinal bug than a stomach bug. I would rather have d* any day of the week than v*.

I hope you are both ok!

He should try to eat some yogurt, with the live cultures. It helps with the bad bacteria in the intestines, and replenishes the good bacteria. Great for D*.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

hope everyone is ok today

I agree with what someone said about trying to eat yogurt. The active cultures really do work and usually don't upset the stomach. Dry toast and plain mashed potatoes might give him some energy too, while being bland at the same time.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

Kelly - I don't know where in Canada you are but here in Thornhill (suburb just north of Toronto), I've been hearing that there's a stomach flu going around and that it's entirely diarrheah, nobody has been nauseous or thrown up. So there you go.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies. He says he feels alot better today. I forgot about yogurt, I will have to mention that to him. I don't think I have shared any cups or anything like that with him, andI always use my own bath andhand towel. So far so good! Elizabeth, I am in Windsor, and I really haven't heard of anything much going around all winter. I just hope it all ends soon for all of us!!!

Kelly,

I was perscribed Cipro when I went over seas in case I had any kind of diarreah cased by being in 3rd world countries. I think it's kind of like an extra strength Immodium!