Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: help :(

Ok I have a UTI...I have had it for amonth or so because it keep sgoing away and it came back today and it is so bad, I feel like I havre the chills and tired as well and I have felt sick for the last few days I am getting pains in my stomach and what not...But when I researched it on th enet it said that kidney infections cause n* and V* I am so scared that it is coming...because I have let th einfection go this long it could have moved to mykidneys!! help!

I had a UTI that turned into a kidney infection. My only symptom was awful back pain. I went to the doctor and he gave me an antibiotic to clear it up. If you don't want to go to a doctor, drinks lots of cranberry juice. I don't like cranberry juice, myself, so I got cranberry pills at the drug store that helps to clear up UTIs. Feel better soon!

Thanks for replying! I am still scared though cause I feel nauseaus a bit and really off and sick and gross, anyone else felt this way with a UTI?

I used to have frequent UTIs and nausea and fever were common symptoms for me. I actually just posted about this in the Private forum for someone else who has a UTI. Anyway, sometimes I just drink lots of cranberry juice and water and it clears up on its own in a couple days. But if I'm feeling really bad I'll get antibiotics. Remember that nausea is common for any infection, whether it be a cold, sinus infection, throat infection...just a symptom. Doesn't mean you're going to V*, just that your body is too busy fighting the infection to worry about eating. What have you been treating it with? Do you know how you got it? Mine are always either due to drinking too much soda or from sex. I'd lay off both until you feel better.
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

i think for sure mine is from sex...but th eweird thing is it keeps going away for like 3 day san dthen comin gback, i have treated it with nothing cause I keep thinking I am in th eclear, I drank some cranberry juice today for it...I am scared to go to the doctors cause I might pick something up so I havent been going for that reason too But thanks for th epost : )

You really need to have your urine tested so you can get on an antibiotic--or to make sure that is what your problem really is. I don't mean to scare you, but if you don't have it treated the bacteria can spread and you could become septic. Maybe call your doctor and see if you can just go directly to the lab and pee in the cup? LOL. If he/she insists on seeing you, ask if you can just pop in as soon as they open before all the germy people get there lol.

Seriously, you shouldn't let this go untreated. Don't worry about v* from this, I had a horrible kidney infection when I was pregnant and I didn't v*--even when I went into labor later that day after being diagnosed.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

What does going septic mean??

You absolutely need an antibiotic...i don't think it will go away on it's own...i speak from experience...i had the same thing...i let it go...and it did go to my kidneys....bad back pain, not to mention the burning and not being able to pee more than a trickle...which was so annoying and painful. Just take a round of antibiotics....if you don't you will have fever, chills,and just feel horrible. I know you are feeling bad,but it's only going to get worse. I also take the cranberry pills on a regular basis just to keep things in order. Good luck.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I had it, and now Im cure. Its not scary... you will handle it [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Septic--if you don't kill the nasty bacteria in your urinary tract it could travel to your kidneys and then into your blood.

I'm a medical social worker andwork in a nursing home so although I'm not a dr. I'm not just pulling this out of my butt lol. I just really wanted to express to you how important it is you get treated! We emets have to stick together!! I really care about everyone on this site and worry about their health!!!

HUGS!!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

i had a bladder infection in 4th grade.
    it was such horrid uncomfortable burning.
    my parents are so anti medicines..
    but they knew i need antibiotics..
    dont be startled.. just go see a doctor asap.

Well i am calling th edoc tomorrow...I made a compromise with myself, th edoctors are closed today so I said I don't have to go to a clinic if you go to the doctors, I am so scared to leave th ehouse, especially cause I feel SO crappy and nauseaus! Plus I am so scared to be in a doctors office where I could pick something up, and worse I will prob have to use there washroom to pee in a cup! I am pretty scared...But I know I have to do this, thanks fo rall the replies every one