Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

How do you know which type of food poisioning you have from different foods? I understand that not all will make you V but which types do and from what foods do they come from? I'm still stuck on my frozen dinner dilemma and just can't bring myself to eat the ones with meat in them. I wish I could because they smell SO GOOD when you cook them but you never know, someone could have thawed it out at the store and put it back in the freezer. I just can't bring myself to eat the meat andI'm trying to convince myself that if I nuke it long enough in the microwave that it will kill anything there. But is that true?

well. risk food can be every kind of food, eg. sea food

I got Shigellosis from contaminated chicken. My BF got Salmonella from chicken. But if you want to find out what kind of poisoning you have (seeing as most of the symptoms are the same) go to the doctors or hospital and you have to crap into a pot then they check what bacteria it holds.

If it's botulism or something bad, then you get really dizzy and it's really bad.
    Bringing up the subject every day.

ive eaten microwavable cheeseburgers, meat pies, FROZEN meat pies, raw frankfurts, and never got sick from them, I only got sick from MACDONALDS NUGGETS [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]oops, damn caps lock.

emi-rosu, just curious how can you be sure it was the mcnuggets??? that's scary, my kids eat those alll the time!

My aunt also got food poisoning from McDonalds Mcnuggets. She knows it was the McNuggets, as that was the only thing she ate that day. I'm not saying to stop your kids from eating them, as obviously the majority of people who eat them don't get ill. It's just kinda freaky.

I also know three people who have gotten food poisoning from Swiss Chalet. Ewww.

*amber*

ps- 'lil drunk right now so bear with me.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know it was the nuggets + my fault. I only ate nuggets for dinner (had salad for lunc so i doubt it was that) but the nuggets tasted really funny,Oh God I regretted it the next day. I remember reheating the nuggets about 3 times and forgetting about them and I don't know if I was washing my hands either (Wasn't as paranoid back then [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img])

Oh, and call me Amy. Emi Rosu is Japanese name of the character in my avatar.

Poor girl, buy from KFC next time.

Well actually, shigella isn't more common from uncooked/reheated chicken, I can bet you that 99% of the time, it's because SOMEONE in the restruant didn't wash their hands properly after using the w.c. Then they handled the nuggets. Still, you say they tasted funny.