Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone, I've been gone for a while, but I'm back!! Quick question, just saw a new doctor because of itchy legs (just really dry skin that caused an allergic reaction) and he prescribed me Allegra to take. I know this is an antihistamine andantihistamines also prevent v*******, but as you all know, it's still scary to take a new drug unless it is specifically an anti-emet or something you've taken many times before!

Thank you in advance! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i know exactly how u feel sarahfl, but as u said yrself, ur nt gnna v* because of an anti-histamine..

if it makes u feel ne better, my sister had the same prob, i THINK she took the same drug.. and she was fine with it.

just try not to think about it, pretend it is a tablet uv taken before if u lke... and dont concentrate on the bad side effects .. just think,

" if i tke this, then no more itchey legs" thats gotta b a good thing , right?

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome back! I also get scared of taking and drugs and am paranoid aout side effects but as its an anti-histamine it sould not and wont cause v* I hard to get the confdence to take new medication but think of what it will do to make you better. This will also be good practise in the future if you ahve to take other drugs.

Thanks everyone! I took it this morning and still feel fine!

-Sarah [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Good to hear it went well for you. It is highly unlikely with a drug like that that it will upset your stomach. It is more likely to cause overly dry nasal passages as a side effect than anything. Some people sometimes even develop a bit of a thirst the first few days.

I hope it works well for you and that your allergies go away.

Not all antihistamines have the same ingredients as anti emetics there are a few that dont =)
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.