Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

(May be graphic)

Okay, we're currently moving into a new house. It's not a big move, only about a 15 minute drive, but nonetheless a move. New situations (like this) make my agoraphobia rear it's ugly head, and this time was no different. All the back and forth from one house to the other was making me nervous. I totally could have backed out and stayed at the new place and let my husband do all the work, but I didn't. I packed and loaded the truck and unloaded and helped clean up. I thought I was doing pretty well.

Well, yesterday on our way to the new house I noticed a guy parked on the side of the road. Honestly, I don't know why he caught my eye, but he did. Anyway, he had his door open and he did "it". All I could see throughthe windowwas the top of his head bent over and at the bottom of the door a big stream of "it".

I didn't have a panic attack and since then I've really tried not to obsess over it, but it's definitely stayed in the back of my mind. My husband offered the excuse that the guy might've been drunk, but of course I'm worried that it was an sv and that must mean sv's are going around here.

I hate emetophobia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should pat yourself on the back, you didn't have a panic attack and you kept on with your moving. That happened to me yesterday, driving on the highway I see a car pulled over on the other side, I kept looking and as I became closer there he was being sick. Like you it is at the back of my mind butwe are not obsessing over it.

You did excellent!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

So did you! Congrats to us both!

Good job not having a panic attack. It always sucks when you see something like that but at least it wasn't in your house...it was outside...[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Oh I hate that- why when we see cars parked up at the side of the road do we always scrutinize to check if they are v*ing when we really don't want to know? It's like we seek out v*ing people! Then when we see the dreaded we can't get it out of our heads... Hey, but you did really well - no panic attack and not obsessing over it...well done you!

Well done too for fighting your agorophobia (I have suffered badly from this in the past and still have the odd attacks so know what it's like) and carrying on. You deserve a well earned pat on the back [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Oh, and, good luck in your new home - wishing you and your family much happiness there!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb