Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freaking Out!!!

I know its late an dno one is prob on! Ok...my niece now has the SV...and I feel weird an dam having d...ok I took an anti emetic but the anti emetic causes me to feel super restless so i took another med prescribed by the doc that I have posted about called benztropine and I am so scared I am going to have an allergic reaction, a side effect is ving...and it doesnt seem like too many other side effects so they mentioned that one on purpose I know they have to mention everything but this seemed more likely, and I have neevr taken it before, and with this SV an dme feeling really really bad I just am freaking out, i juts had a good balling out of th eeyes weeping and I am so scared...I really need some reassurance...

Doesn't all medications have that side effect warning of v*ing? I know mine does, and so does my mother.

Anyway, just try to relax for a little bit. Breathe in 7, Breathe out 11.

..If you don't know what that is, just breath in while counting to 7, and when you're done with that breathe out till you count to 11. It relaxes you a lot. Just keep doing that.

Makes you a bit sleepy too.

D*ing isn't that bad, that usually happens after the V*ing in a SV* doesn't it? Because that's how I always was when I was young.

Quote Originally Posted by pawn shop heart

D*ing isn't that bad, that usually happens after the V*ing in a SV* doesn't it? Because that's how I always was when I was young.

That's what I heard too.

D* could also be from stress and worrying. We're here if you need us.........
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I do need you guys...I just read about this dumb stupid meds and it said the most common side affect is ving!!!! and it said you can lessen this with lowerin gyour dose...well I took 2 mgs...and that is the highest pill to take!!! What does thi smean, I am soooo scared...but on another page it doesnt list ving as a symptom, but sya smay cause stomach upset eat to avoid stomach upset, but i cant eat cause if eel sick! OH MY GOD I AM SO SCARED! I shouldnt of taken this stupid damn pill...I hate this, I have the sv to worry about and the pill now, I want this to go away...

Actually, after I found out that my medication had a V*ing side effect, I got all N* and nervous.

Just don't worry, if it says to eat, nibble on a couple of crackers, and down it with some Ginger Ale, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl
    Quote Originally Posted by pawn shop heart

That's what I heard too.

D* could also be from stress and worrying. We're here if you need us.........

..That means I don't have an SV* after all! *does a dance*

no like i know i am panicking, but it seems to be a really common side effect...like i cannot deal, and my DUMB doctor gave me the highest dose what aloser! i cannot deal with this...I cannot do this...I know I sound like aspoiled child but really...I am so scared...can someone read what it says and maybe give me some feedback?

http://health.yahoo.com/drug/d00175a1k at the beginning very beginning it mention sstomach discomfort, and then read side effects and also ther ei sthis...

http://www.diseasesatoz.com/medicati...opine-mesylate .htm

ugh i feel so sick, but i dont know whether its me, an sv, or this med, man i hate this...please someone read these an dtell em what you think!

I think with most, if not at all, meds, the most common SE is N/V/D. Please try not to worry--remember, the worrying is psychological, so if you try to sip some ginger ale or tea, then psychologically, you can beat the N*. Your mind will be comforted by the fact that you're taking steps to not V*.

You can write to us about anything you want also, to take your mind off of it....

How old is your niece???? How is she now??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

she is sleeping now, she is 4...my sister had bad stomach pains and diarrhea once, so she thinks that was the sv she didn't v...so im hoping thats what i will get but i feel gross and in stomach pain...and really gassy which she felt too...i am more worried about th emeds right now to be honest i dont know why i guess i have abad feeling or something

You're very worried right now.

Do you feel like you have the anxiety yuckies?? Because if it's the REAL THING, you would feel a different type of yucky.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hi did, you check out th esite that I posted? I don't feel like I am going to v righ tnow KNOCK ON WOOD! but my bowels are really upset and I feel really burpy and weak in th estomach an djust really off an dsick, that is ho wmy sister explained she felt, i am getting cramps too...I am scared that the pill will eventually cause me to v though... or th esv will cause me to v...but im more worried abotu th epill for th etime being...

I've never tried this before... but I heard that, if you want to take some food to have a full stomach for medicine, but don't feel up to eating, to eat a little bit of bread. Because bread expands in the stomach. I heard you can take a slice of bread, make some of it into a ball, and just swallow it. And then it will expand in the stomach and help with digesting medicine. I've never tried it, but it does make sense... good luck. you'll be fine, I'm pretty sure whether or not you eat anything. They just put the warnings there so they won't get suedby people whodo get a reaction I think. but the reactions aren't normally common

Did you start to feel the same way your sister did, AFTER she told you how she felt?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Quote Originally Posted by confusedgirl
    I've never tried this before... but I heard that, if you want to take some food to have a full stomach for medicine, but don't feel up to eating, to eat a little bit of bread. Because bread expands in the stomach. I heard you can take a slice of bread, make some of it into a ball, and just swallow it. And then it will expand in the stomach and help with digesting medicine. I've never tried it, but it does make sense... good luck. you'll be fine, I'm pretty sure whether or not you eat anything. They just put the warnings there so they won't get suedby people whodo get a reaction I think. but the reactions aren't normally common

I've done this, and yes, it works great!!

Bread balls rule!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

no i started to feel this way and went to her and asked if she felt th esame and she said exactly, i really dont even think i could swallow bread, i just have no appetite, i also have a cold so i feel like crap cause of thati really appreciate how everyone is helping though...

i really dont want to be a burden or anything, but can someone please please chekc out th esites i posted and tell me what they think...it is a couple posts up from this one...

I will check them out...........
    ~*~Charlene~*~

thank you so mucjh, i am really starting to panic i keep getting weird nausea waves an ddont know if it is the meds hitting me or my panic coming and going...i am freaking out...

It says that if you have N/V.D, to call your doctor. I think it says this because it can aggrevate ulcers, and colon disorders.

I think you may be worrying, because your considering the fact that you took the highest dose and now your body has no choice to absorb it and be stuck with it for a while, and the side effects include stomach upset.

What anti-emetic did you take?

I think you'll be OK, do you think you can sip some warm tea?

I am gonna keep reading the links, I'll be right back..........Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

no, i really am even having trouble with water, and its not so much cause of n...it is just i cant seem to think of putting anything in my system...thanks for reading that...i hope it means that i wont v...i am feeling really weird gassy an dsick, but i am hoping it is just my cold, and maybe the sv that will just cause pains and d like my sister had...i am just really nervous...

Have you had any more D*?

How is your sis now?

Your niece?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Have you taken any antihistamine for your cold recently??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

hi, my sis is fine today, niece in bed sleeping...I havent taken any antihistimine no...i havent taken anything for it...

Good, because you can't take over-the-counter cold meds with benztropine.

Have you had any more D*?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey, sorry your feeling his way and i hope your feeling better now
    and that your neice is ok. I've read about the meds, and really to be
    honest i don't belive some of the stuff on these sites..

I was having signs of schizophrenia and i was prescribed Risperdal.
    My doctor didn't say anything about side effects to me, so i went
    home and looked them up to find there was all these side effects
    about n*, feeling dizzy, hyperactivity and so on. I wouldn't take the
    medicene, but my mum crushed the tablet and put it into a drink
    without me knowing, which i know was very cruel to do, but i drank it
    without knowing. I then said i felt really tired all of a sudden and i
    feel asleep and just slept the whole vening, night and some of the
    day, woke up and just felt hungery, that was the only side effect i
    got, when it had like 10/20 listed. I was speaking with my doctor
    about this and he said every med has to put these side effects down
    by law, just in case somebody got them to tell them that they were
    allergic to the meds. Maybe your d* is due to the fact your worrying,
    and when i don't eat as i have very low blood sugar i have to try and
    eat every 2/4 hours to keep my brain working, but the n* could be
    due to not eating and so could the stomach ache. If you feel up to it,
    like other people have said try eating some bread or crackers, or
    something light, but with energy. I get told to eat things like peanut
    butter on a cracker if i feel dizzy when my blood sugar drops, and it
    helps the n*, or if you can't feel up to eating and feel n* peppermint
    chewing gum i find works preety well. May i ask what anti-emetic you
    use??. Well i hope your ok, and that your feeling better.

Ruth - xx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

okw ell i managed to sleep, I feel awful right now...I only slept four hours...and I feel th epill in me, I am so stoned off of it...it is really hard to just sit here cause ofthe dizziness so it i smaking me worried...I just wanted to say thanks for all your replys guys...I was really panicking!

How are you now? Were you really n* when you took that medication? Or was it just anxiety n*? You can totally tell the difference between the two.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Are you feeling better now? I hope you are. It was probably mostly aniexty. Let us know how you are feeling today.....
    *TO EACH THEIR OWN*

I just felt sick...and i dont think it was anxiety, i think it is because i have a cold an dd for a few days and on meds and maybe a touch of my nieces sv... i am feeling SOOOOO stoned right now on this medication I took that stops the restlessness with my n pill...i forced down some bread just now even though i have no appetite and feel really out of it...Thanks for checking up on me guys

I hope you start to feel better soon!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.