Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Am I at risk?

Hi, I'm quite new here, just replied to a couple of posts, but I am hoping that someone can give me some reassurance.

One of my co-workers who works in the same office as me had a sv* at the weekend, she was back in yesterday and said although she was weak, she was feeling okay. I opened the windows and kept away from her as much as I could. Today she came in and said her partner is now sick with the same thing. It sounds awful, lots of v* but no d*.

I am so worried that I am going to catch this. My desk is not too far from hers and although we don't use the same phones or computer, we both touched the office door handle and breath in the same air.

There are 6 of us in this office and even if I don't get it one of the others might as they all share cups.

I have bleached my computer and phone (just in case)and keep washing my hands, but I don't know what else to do, I have another 3 days in the office with her.

The last sv I had I caught from a co-worker and it was awful, I have never felt so ill in all of my life - the thought of going through that again really scares me.

M x

I would be kinda scared too if I were in your situation. It sounds like you are taking all the proper precautions. From what I have read on this site, the sv* usually isn't airborne, so just try to keep your hands clean and away from your face. Make sure you have a drinking cup of your own that no one will use. Vent to us whenever you need to. We are here for you.

It seems like you are taking the right precautions. If you keep them up, you will be fine. Get some Purell, and don't touch your face with your hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks kellybean and smokycat, I hate feeling like this.I have my own cup and I take it home and don't share it with anyone! I have washed my hands about 20 times already today.

I just hope that no-one else in the office gets it.

Thanks for your support, M x

I think you'll be fine. I've just discovered Cuticura hand gel and it goes everywhere with me - try it for when you can't wash your hands with soap & water. I've heard sv*s are contagious if someone actually v*s in the same room, so I'm sure you'll be okay.

i

Thanks Dreamer.

I really thought things were starting to get better, but there is still a lot of it about. I'll try cuticura, although recently I've just been spraying bleach on my hands, which isn't really good for the skin, but does kill the bugs.

I just hate the anxiety of waiting and wondering.....roll on the weekend.

I don't believe you need to worry. Your work mate was sick over the weekend. She is probably past the contagious period now (unless you consider what is passing through her stools). As for her partner,he/she lives with her. You have no idea what their sleeping arrangement is, how hygenic they are, etc. Just continue what you are doing. The virus is not airborne and even if it was, it would not be at this point in her illness. The real issue is touching things. Keep that sanitzer handy, wash and keep your hands away from your face.

Stella

you will be fine, it is quite common for people to have sv* but it could be something that she ate maybey, always try to look for another reason why someone is ill, dont just assume that they have a sv*.

Thanks honeybee and Stella9, I feel a bit better about it today, although it's hard to stop the worries and 'what ifs??' going through my head.

Thanks again, it is so great to have you guys reply and know what I am going through. M x

good, i doubt, if your fine today that you have caught anything.