Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How much would you have to be paid to v?

Voters
310. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1.00

0 0%
  • $20.00

1 0.32%
  • $100.00

8 2.58%
  • $500.00

7 2.26%
  • $1000.00

17 5.48%
  • $10,000.00

31 10.00%
  • $100,000.00

35 11.29%
  • $1,000,000.00

77 24.84%
  • I wouldn’t do it even for a million!

134 43.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much money?

This is a question someone asked in another group a few years ago, and I thought it was interesting.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For me--nothing! I wouldn't be paid anything to v*. No matter how much moneysomeoneoffers me lol.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Since I don't really fear doing it myself- I think that 100 would really be enough (although I would probably try to barter for more). Twenty seems a bit cheap, lol.

*amber*

I chose $500

It just seemed about right.

I would like that add that it would be for one occurance only.. serioulsy, one heave.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I put $1000.00 because I need the money! LOL

A million dollars for me LoL! Maybe it's cause I'm greedy and maybe it's because I REALLY hate throwing up. In anycase if someone offered me a million dollars to puke I would totally do it, then I would be set for life. Get a house, a car, a dog, a cat, a flat screen TV, I'd be really happy.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

i dont think you can put a price on it. the thigh is if you are going to v* you probally wont get paid!

I picked 10,000 because right now, I could really use that money. 10,000 is a good number... but I would really prefer around 50,000 because that would pay off my student loans and help me get a car too

However, I would v* 100 times at 1,000 a time to get to the 100,000. Right now I need the money.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I can't answer this [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]I've been thinking about it and I don't think I could force myself to do it. If I was to v* anyway as a result of an sv* then of course I guess payment would make the experience better but to force myself to do it for cash - I'm not sure I can [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

I picked 1M. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth it to me!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

<LABEL for=P520>I wouldn’t do it even for a million!</LABEL>

i'd do it for a million. nothing less!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I think this poll illustrates how emets are irrational when it comes to vomiting. Think how much you could do with a million dollars! (That's half a million pounds, for our British friends.) Can you really say you wouldn't "give in" and do it if someone offered you even as little as $500?

Doug

P.S. Something I think is interesting - on those reality shows like "Fear Factor," they have interns try out the stunts beforehand and they only pay them $50 to do the highly emetogenic ones.Edited by: gumdro&#112;per1

I would do it for $100 000.

Thats a life-changing amount of money and would be worth it. Thats for one session of V*ing only, and not violent or projectile either thanks! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I went for $100,000 too [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]only coz I'm feeling positive at the moment. On one of my more emetophobic days I would probably go for the 'Not even for a million' option!

Yes, there would need to be conditions if I were to do it for cash. Like Kimmy said, only once, not violent, and most certainly not involvingIpecac or anything distressing like that...or else I'd end up blowing every cent of my hard earned $100,000 on therapy afterwards, lol!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Someone would have to show me 100,000 before I would even entertain the idea, and of course it would be a one time occurance.

Isn't it funny how many people said they wouldn't vomit even for a million dollars? Hmm... on the other end, what would happen if people got paid even $1.00 every time they puked. Would that lead to bulimia for some people?

Doug

I picked a million since I've been doing well lately...Last year at this time I wouldn't of done it for anything...All the money, power, love in the world. I seriously would of rather just died than v* this time last year. Nowdays my fear is better so at least I would think about doing it!

one million dollars...i would only do it for more, nothing less!!
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

Thinking back on it, I would probably do it for 500, but someone would actually have to hand me the money and I would puke with it in my hand...LOL!! A million would be nice but I'd do it for 500...LoL!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I would do it , but for no less than 10,000......that would help me out a great deal right now....so but not for less than that though.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I would probably do it for $500...

But back when my fear was really bad, no amount of money would tempt me to do it.

i wouldn't do it even for a million.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

1 million, but I would have to think hard if it was worth it. For 5 million I wouldn't hesitate...much.

I've been told that I have a strange case, because I v* multiple times a day. If I had even one dollar for everytime I did it in a week, I would be rich!

Claire
    The sun never sets on a badass...

I kept vacillating between nothing and a million......still not sure which I would choose.</font>

Even though I have been extra afraid of vomiting all this winter, I think I would still do it for $1000.

i dont think i would even do it for a million, thats barely enough for a house

I'd do it for a million, but I'd have to get either really drunk (outta my mind) or stoned (not that I condone the use of drugs, but this would be special) before I did it for the money.

On the other hand...offer me 20 million and okay, where's the toilet!?
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

$100. Seriously if you were holding $100 I would go puke right now. That's like 10 cds. Or some really cute new jeans. Or some jeans and shirts. Or perfume. You see my point(which ending up seeming to be how materialistic I am). [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"