Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How much do you weigh for your height?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • very underweight

29 7.55%
  • underweight

111 28.91%
  • average weight

145 37.76%
  • slightly overweight

38 9.90%
  • overweight

43 11.20%
  • obese

18 4.69%
  • would rather not say

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight and Emet

There has been some talk about eating disorders and how emet often mimics an eating disorder, so I was just curious where people were falling in terms of their weight being healthy for their height.

I am medically in the healthy/ average weight for my height, but I do have an eating disorder. I have been medically overweight for my height for most of my life. I have just recently dropped into the healthy upper range for my height, according to doctors.Edited by: purpleteacher
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am underweight for my height but do not have an eating disorder - I just struggle to gain weight[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

I'm right on the border between underweight and average! I always considered myself to be of a healthy, average weight, but I clock in just under the average for my height and body frame.

No eating disorder here, I've always eaten well. Just have a good metabolism I think.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I too am between underweight and average, I think. I used to have an eating disorder about 20 years ago, alot of bingeing and laxative abuse. At that time I was about 14 pounds heavier than I am now, though I was by no means overweight even then. I still to this day don't know what was the cause of my problems, self-esteem I guess.

Does anyone have any knowledge on self-esteem issues? I've never looked into it really, but I'm outwardly quite self-confident, to the point of being quite outspoken, yet I don't like myself very much. I can't handle rejection in any shape or form, and take it all very personally. Is this a self-esteem issue?

Anyway, I no longer have any issues with food, I stay the weight I am due to working full time with two kids, and being a single parent alot of the time - I rarely sit down!

I'm now average. There was a point when I lost 3 stones in a couple of months and made myself very ill. I just didn't eat, but that's because it was (and still is) extremely painful for me to eat and no one knows why. I've been diagnosed with loads of things over the years but it's coming to be accepted that my emet causes it. I still don't know how true that is.

However, I'm now at a healthy weight. I'vebasically messed up my body by starving myselfbut with my very problematic eating issues, I took advice from a dietician and hope to remain healthy, even if it's the most painful thing I can do, lol. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    I traded my dreams for this mess of memories,
    And they just stopped working for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im between underweight and very underweight. I would say that I weigh enough to be very underweight - but I dont have an eating dissorder. Emet makes it very difficult for me to eat. Ireally should put on weight - but I dont seem to be able to. I've lost half a stone in the last few weeks [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I put very underweight as most of you know i have trouble eating, what scared me was when i lost 9 pounds over the weekend the other week, i didn't know that was possible. If you need to gain weight try supplement drinks and build up soups, i have some called fortisip and there full of nutrition and energy, and they taste nice to![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I am within the ideal weight for my height, but I have to work at it and watch what I eat to stay slim as I adore food and always seem to be hungry!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Im probably one of the few emets who is overweight. At present I weigh about 85kgs but my ideal is around 63kg.

I did haveeating issues in my teens (but not what I would call an "eating disorder"). Nowadays I eat relatively healthily,although unfortunately I love wine so frequently indulge in a glass or two, that doesnt help the weight!!

I think I just got to the point where I thought I like food and want to eat it.

Laney xx

I'm underweight, very underweight for my height, but not scarily underweight. I'm like Chloe, i can't put weight on at all. My metabolism is too high, it has nothing to do with emet or an ed though.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I am just ok.

But I have eating disorder and i think that I will become <LABEL for=P529>underweight</LABEL>

I am 5ft 4 and weight around 9 st 7. (about 60kg's) not sure what that is in LBS.

I had my body fat and bmi done at gym and I have 15.3% body fat, and my BMI says I am normal weight for my height/frame. I am working hard at the moment to lose about 3-5kg though! I'm not happy with my belly and thighs!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I lost about 15 pounds a few years ago due to anxiety and that was the lowest weight I'd been since jr high. I managed to stay that thin for about three years, then in the last year I have gained it all back plus some, so I put slightly overweight. I am trying to lose it again! I was at the perfect size (even though it wasn't necessarily healthy.) Edited by: mjewell
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Well, I guess I am overweight......i am about 5' 2" and i weigh 140....so i put alittle overweight, but i think it's alot overweight.....yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to lose about 35 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I am a tad underweight for my height. I wouldn't say that I have an eating
    disorder.....just picky about what I eat because of emet. I have an
    extremely high metabolism. My sister-in-law teases and says that it is
    like that of a hummingbird! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

When I talked to my dr. about it, he looked back at my chart throughout
    the years and said, "This is the weight in which you live, don't worry, just
    deal!"

The thing that I find so frustrating is when people say to me, "You are
    sooo thin!" I want to say, "Well, you are sooo fat!" It is very hurtful. I
    would never say anything like that to someone. I have a hard time finding
    clothes that fit, being happy with my body and not self-conscious, just
    like someone who is over weight. I have people watching everything I eat
    and commenting on "Oh I wish I could eat like that and look like you do!"
    If they only knew the self-concept issues I have and how I would never in
    a million years keep tabs on what they eat and what they look like.
    Sounds a little backwards, I'm sure. I should be happy with how I look.
    But, I have issues with it, just like everyone else.
    Julie

I'm normal. Low normal at 5'0" with 94-96 lbs.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I'm 5'1 and have been 108 lbs. for about 6 years now, except when I was pregnant... gained exactly 30 lbs then was back to 108 in 2 months... breastfeeding does a bady good!
    Proud to be a FIREFIGHTER\'S GIRLFRIEND!!

mine fluctuates from overweight to underweight, so i don't know what one to chose
    \"This too shall pass\"

I dropped again..its going the wrong way[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]damn food lol
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

I've always bounced between average to overweight. I seem to gain and lose 20 or so pounds every other year. I know yo-yo dieting is baaaad. But I get so sick of "healthy" foods after awhile and just pig out. I might even have an addiction to food. I am addicted to a lot of things, so it wouldn't surprise me. I'm an emotional eater, for sure. Weird for an emet, I know. I am sure I'm not alone though.

Let me put it this way: When I put my pants on, and they fit around the waist and hips, I should be 8 feet tall, judging by the proportionate LENGTH of the pants!!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Not good.Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'm grossly overweight and concerned about it. I am having a very hard time losing weight. I haven't been to a doctor about it because I can't stand the thought of being judged and having to find out what I actually weigh.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I'm 4,10 and a half, I use to weigh around 110 when I first started highschool then the anxiety hit and I lost tons of weight cause of the nervous stomache just didn't see food as appealing, so I lost that weight and I'm 4,10 and now I weigh around 90 it will dip sometimes to 88-89 one time 85 but that's when my anxiety started acting up again so usually around 90-95 pounds so I think that's good for my height right now I'd say 88-90 but I wish I'd put alittle more meat on but I've been eatting good lately so I should be gaining alittle back!

I choose slightly overweight, atleast thats what I am trying to make myself believe. Ha ha!!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I could stand to drop about 35-40 lbs., but atleast Im tall, so I can hide some of the weight. Again, this is what I tell myself.

i'm overweight - 170cm (5ft 7) and about 80 kg's (180 lbs) - and I blame it all on the chocolate - i'm addicted to the stuff (but trying to give it up!)

I don't think my current weight has anything to do with my emet...

im pregnant so of course i am bigger, but before i was i seemed to of started gaining weight for the first time in a while i was weighed at the doctor and he said for my height i was only about 10 lbs over what my weight should be...but now i feel like a house...almost 6mo pregnant...LOL
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

I am slightly underweight but have been so all my life, guess it's my metabolism. But I still pay attention to what I eat, because I'm afraid to pile my stomach so much and feel bloated.

Seeing that most of us are underweight, I guess emet. does play a part.

Well i have always been slim - underweight because of the emetophobia.

I'm now considered very underweight (off most BMI charts kinda underweight) because of the anorexia.
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Currently, I am average weight...5'8", 135 lbs. However, between age 21
    - 26 (I am 39 now), I suffered with anorexia. I put myself in the
    hospital when I was 93 lbs. Had I not suffered with emet, then I have
    no doubt I would have been bulimic. I still weigh myself everyday and
    watch everything I eat.

For me, I think I suffer with control and worry issues. I have to be in
    control of everything in my life. If I can't control something, then I
    worry about it. Emet is just one of my many issues, and I think somehow
    they are all related.

I am very underweight. The healthy weight for me is in range from 117-130.. I weigh 97

All the doc's pinned me with anorexia nervosa, which I 100% disagree. I HATE being so thin, I look disgusting and really want to gain weight, but I rarely eat..