Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

After 23 years of not throwing up, the other day I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]!
    I thought I was the only person in the world who had a vomit phobia,
    that I was weird, etc. I'm glad there are other people who can relate
    to my situation. I was so freaked out when I was sick that I started to
    panic, and couldn't breathe. Gross.

Welcome! I'm sorry that that happened to you...if you ever need to talk, about that experience or anything else, just post.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Welcome to the site, Im sorry that this 23years has been broken but wishing another 23years for you.

As the lovely Anya said, if you need to talk about it or anything there are threads in this forum for it and were all here to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glad you found this site...very helpful...sorry that you got sick...that must really really suck!

Thanks guys for your comments and support! I would rather have a bad
    cold, cough, headache, sore throat, etc. than throw up! I also tend to
    "fight" the urge, which works sometimes but obviously wasn't helpful
    the other night when I was in the bathroom all evening. It generally
    seems to occur in the wee hours of the morning for some reason. Perhaps
    it was food poisoning, but the "gross" feeling lingered for at least 3
    days. How do other people deal with this phobia? I am brand new to this
    forum, and curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jenzo
    I would rather have a bad cold, cough, headache, sore throat, etc. than throw up! I also tend to "fight" the urge, which works sometimes

Welcome, Jenzo. Your comments are an understatement. Many emets say they would rather die than vomit. Many of us also have experience fighting the urge for 20 hours.

The good thing about your vomiting is that you might have learned something about the process that will help you keep it from happening next time.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

It must have been particularly hard for you having not vomitted for all those years. Would you say you now fear it a little bit less, the same or more? I don't know, but I imagine if I hadn't been sick for so long it would be a little of a relief to to do it just to point out to myself that I can get through it and it didn't kill me or anything really bad like that.

Welcome to the group!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Welcome to the site - what an introduction! I can't imagine going for 23 years without v*ing, my longest is 7 years. Must have been scary.

How awful for you!!! I am so sorry!! Welcome to the site and I hope you are feeling better!!

it must have been awful

hope your feeling better soon

Hi all, again thank you for your comments. I too have said I would
    rather be dead than throw up! At least I finally feel better;
    fortunately I rarely get sick. I think what freaks me out about
    "throwing" is the lack of control, and not being able to breathe.[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] Also the fact that it's just plain gross!

Jen

Welcome to the site, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I haven't thrown up in 5 years *Knock On Wood* so I can't even IMAGINE what it's like to go 23 years! If you ever need to talk just come here people are more then willing to help out.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hey, welcome!! 23 years of no v* is a long time!! Sorry it all came to an end. Hopefully you can start over and break your record this time!!

hi jen,

welcome to the site! Sorry you went through a sickness after all that time, but at some point I suppose it can't be helped.

I do hope you go to the Treatments section of this forum and read all the sticky posts at the top. There is great info there on the phobia itself (for you, your dr. your family) as well as how to get help, how to deal with panic, etc. Also, on the Experiences thread is some stories of people who have been successfully treated for this phobia (like myself) and now life free of anxiety. (And we're not sick any more often!)

All the best
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

welcome!

wish you nice time here

My longest streak was 15 years, and when it happened I actually did think I was over the phobia. I was better for about 3 months, but then I fell into the phobia stronger than ever. Before it happened I actually thought I could control it no matter what. Now I know that it might happen so I'm really scared all the time. It's been 4 years since then, and I always am worrying, will this be the day?

BandNerd