Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

About a month or so ago I posted a thread asking if anyone else freaks out in the bathroom, especially if it is closed and small. Anyway, I was gettig so crazy that I only wanted to be in a large, public restroom or have the door open.

It's getting better. I do not have an instant panic attack as soon as I get into the bathroom. The other day my tummy was not great at all (darn IBS) so I got to spend the better portion of the day in the bathroom. Anyway, I handled it all quite well considering I felt like my gut was trying to digest a porccupine. I kept with the deep breathing and (don't laugh) found that it helped to put my Ipod on before entering. That whole music calms the savage beast thing I guess.

Anyway, I still get a little freaked out in the bathroom, but it's not as bad as it was.

My stress level is overall decreasing though because the semester is over! Yay!!

Hey, awww well done[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], its good that you found ways to calm you down. I have a thing about bathrooms to, but just like touching things. Good to know thats it calmed down though, well done.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, Ruth! Things haven't been perfect, but they are getting better. :-)

Awww well its good there getting better, i know, these things take time to get over completly, but well done for staying calm though, it takes a lot. I hope they do get better soon.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

congrats! i wouldn't worry about anyone here laughing about a funny habit - we all have them. when i feel n* i avoid the bathroom at all cost, avoid looking at it even, which means that i wait until i'm about ready to die before i pee. :P

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

Quote Originally Posted by sassenacch
    congrats! i wouldn't worry about anyone here laughing about a funny habit - we all have them. when i feel n* i avoid the bathroom at all cost, avoid looking at it even, which means that i wait until i'm about ready to die before i pee. :P
    I have so been there.

Hey Marie, that is really good! Its hard to get past things like that, but you are making progress. IBS does suck when it gets bad. To be honest I get freaked about going at night sometimes, I'd get afraid of the dark, and go as fast as I could!

marie, well done thats good im strange with bathrooms if im in the bath or brushing my teeth or anything i have to put the toilet seat down i cannot have it up and i dont know why ... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I sometimes get mildly anxious and sometimes even n* when cleaning toilets. It's the fact that I'm kneeling down if front of it, it sets off associations, naturally!

This is all very interesting! I have always feared two things in life: v**** and toilets! I was wandering if anyone else had a similarfear of the two. I'm guessingit has to do with the connection my brain makes with where mostpeople go to v****. Every time I go to a publicbathroom, Ikeep my eyeson everything...the toilet seat, the floor tiles, the stall walls, constantly scoping out signs of where other people have v*****d. If I see anything that confirms my suspicions, I get out of there.I'm also one of those people who flushes and runs. Iam consumed with images ofthe septic system erupting and chasing me.Stop laughing...I'm totally serious!

My fear of toilets is so bad that I will go through an entireday of work or of beingaway from home without ever using the restroom.I'm also so terrified of toilets that I freak out when my husband opens the tank to fix a running toilet at home. I haveunrealistic thoughts of v**** or sewer creeping up into the tank.

Furthermore, when I got married and moved in with my husband, I was soafraid of the toilets in his house that we endedup replacing all three with new ones. This seemed to help for awhile until Iwitnessed him v*******g in the guest bathroom and the master bathroom. Now I can't use them. Iwill only use the toilet in my bathroom where no one else is ever permitted to go.

I honestly think thatif I ever do v**** I won't be able to do it in a toilet. The few timesI have thought I might get sick, my reaction has been to run outside.

Quote Originally Posted by kelicat

This is all very interesting! I have always feared two things in life: v**** and toilets! I was wandering if anyone else had a similarfear of the two. I'm guessingit has to do with the connection my brain makes with where mostpeople go to v****. Every time I go to a publicbathroom, Ikeep my eyeson everything...the toilet seat, the floor tiles, the stall walls, constantly scoping out signs of where other people have v*****d. If I see anything that confirms my suspicions, I get out of there.I'm also one of those people who flushes and runs. Iam consumed with images ofthe septic system erupting and chasing me.Stop laughing...I'm totally serious!</font>

My fear of toilets is so bad that I will go through an entireday of work or of beingaway from home without ever using the restroom.I'm also so terrified of toilets that I freak out when my husband opens the tank to fix a running toilet at home. I haveunrealistic thoughts of v**** or sewer creeping up into the tank. </font>

Furthermore, when I got married and moved in with my husband, I was soafraid of the toilets in his house that we endedup replacing all three with new ones. This seemed to help for awhile until Iwitnessed him v*******g in the guest bathroom and the master bathroom. Now I can't use them. Iwill only use the toilet in my bathroom where no one else is ever permitted to go.</font>

I honestly think thatif I ever do v**** I won't be able to do it in a toilet. The few timesI have thought I might get sick, my reaction has been to run outside.</font>

It's funny that you mention the running outside thing because when I feel really n*, I head outdoors whether it be day or night, winter or summer. My bf doesn't understand. Maybe we are thinking that if we are away from a toilet we will not v*?