Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Past Lives

Hybrid View

I thought I'd get the ball rolling in the off topic section with a question about beliefs. Now I just want to reassure everyone that I'm not judging you on any of your beliefs so don't judge me on mine. This is NOT meant to start any kind of religious war on the board I just want to know how you guys feel.

Over the past few years I have switched back and fourth through religions, and pretty soon I'm planning on getting baptized so I will be catholic. But one thing hasn't changed in my beliefs since I was little. That is the theory of having past lives. My dad always raised us (me and my sisters) with the belief that we have many lives. That death isn't final, that we go on to other things once we die.

I was questioning this a few years ago and my dad gave me a book to read called "Many Lives Many Masters" and after reading that it gives me even more hope to life after death. Now I know Catholics don't really believe in reincarnation but my dad was raised Catholic and he believes in it, and just because I want to be Catholic doesn't mean I still can't hold my own beliefs.

As it is my dad says that I'm an "old soul" that I have been here many times before. He thinks that the reasons I have so many problems is because I need to learn lessons, maybe from other lives where I did something to someone else. Such as: I'm bipolar and Boarderline personality. I will most likely need to be on mood stablizers for the rest of my life...don't feel bad for me I've accepted that and it really doesn't bother me. ANYWHO, he says that maybe I have these disorders because I persecuted someone with mental illness in a past life. And maybe I have Emetophobia because I died of an illness or something. I think my dad may be right, but who knows?

I'm not looking forward to dying if that's what you think, just because I believe there is reincarnation doesn't make it true. Death scares me...a lot. I don't want to die I'm terribly afraid of death. What if that's all there is? What if there is nothing more? My friend says that it's not DEATH that scares me but the lack of KNOWLEDGE that comes with it.

Anyway sorry for the long post but I would like to see if anyone here agrees with me or not. Is there life after death? Do we live many lives? What do you guys think?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I definitely believe in reincarnation. I'm not any specific religion, but hold beliefs from many faiths. I think we are here to learn, and that this is not all there is. I'm not so sure I believe we are necessazrily being punished by having the problems we do. Maybe, maybe not. I think it's more complicated than that. I do think past lives/deaths can have an effect on our present life. Good topic!

I try to be completely unopinionated when it comes to faith, as I
    figure we can't possibly know what's really going on. My boyfriend
    however is a very strong believer in past lives. I've read a couple of
    his books and it suggests that if you are reincarnated you frequently
    have an identifying mark or problem that carries over from the previous
    life. For instance, a person who was shot in the head and died if
    reincarnated will sometimes have a birthmark in the same location as
    the initial fatal wound on the old body. I guess they have done a lot
    of studies in India and the far east on kids who remember their
    previous lives. The thing that was most interesting to me in those
    studies was that the reincarnated souls didn't travel very far from
    their original cirlce. There was a grandpa that came back as his own
    grandson. There were some neighbors that got reincarnated in each
    others households. Most rarely left their region. One guy says that
    after being shot he sat in a tree for about 7 years and then saw a man
    walking down the road and followed him home and was reborn as his kid.
    This bothers me a bit as I am terrified of ghosts....

I think the idea of past lives is more wishful thinking than anything else- if there are past lives, then there must be life after death.

I'm more of the K.I.S.S. school of though (Keep it Simple Stupid)- the most simple answer is usually the correct one (Occam's Razor). The idea that "souls" are reincarnated and people are reborn to me seems preposterous- too complicated and dependant on too many variables to be relevant.

I'm also skeptical on there even being some sort of life after death- I would like to believe it (because who wants their existance to burn out?), but rationally, I think that it is something created to make our relatively puny existance mean something. Let's face it- in the grand scheme of things our own singular lives mean relatively nothing in relation to the rest of the Universe.

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I respect a variety of beliefs, but I don't respect when they become dogmatic and discriminatory.

I don't believe in past lives at all, but I know lots of people do, and it brings meaning to the world for them, and that's what spiritual beliefs are in some ways - a system of assigning meaning and order to our existence and to the universe.

Now one thing that does concern me about past lives is if they are taken to an extreme, which is really a concern for me with any belief system. I don't like the idea of seeking answers to depression and anxiety disorders and other personal problems in past lives as the SOLE focus of why these problems are caused. I have found a multitude of reasons for my problems in the life that I am living now, and that helps me to move toward improvement.

If people can balance between examining past lives for causes of problems and the current life, and if they can look for ways to improve their problems through the belief in past lives, then I think that's great.

Now as for Catholicism, I was confirmed Catholic at age 26. But I have fallen away from it because I don't care for their stance on homosexuality. It's difficult for me also that the Vatican moves so slowly on social and political issues that it is centuries behind a practical means of living for most people. The recent proclamation by the new Pope that it is acceptable for married couples, one of whom has Aids, to use condoms while having sex so as not to infect the other partner -- well, it's a bit late. Aids has been around since the 1980's.

I don't know. I was once very faithful, and there is much that is beautiful about the Catholic Church. I wish I didn't feel so conflicted about its faults.

I hear ya Japa in regards to both factors.

The thing with any sort of blaming past lives for current problems, is that past lives are static (unchangeable). Thus, it can lead to a situation of "it's not my fault and there is nothing I can do about it". Meanwhile, our own behaviours enable this phobia, so there is some complicity. If those aren't addressed, the situation won't improve.

In terms of religion: I was raised Catholic, but as soon as I was old enough to question it, I did, and the results were frustrating. I learned early that religion just wasn't for me- If it brings joy to others, then that is wonderful. I just prefer to live a moral life as opposed to a religious one. The two don't have to be mutually inclusive.

As per the catholic church's position on birth control, here is what I don't get; according to catholicism, isn't the main purpose of sex procreation? Would then, in theory, the issue of birth control not even be relevant, as those who adhere to the faith should only be having sex for the purpose of having children, and if they did not want that consequence they should not be having sex in the first place? Just aquestion- asked my 9th grade religion teacher and watched him squirm, lol.

I also have a hard time looking past all that religion has enabled over the years- colonization on the grounds of "saving the heathens", murdering women as "witches", giving men permission to beat their wives.....I just can't look past it. I know it's not exactly fair to think this way, but I can't help but worry that history may repeat itself, as war/murder/domination in relation to religion has been a recurring theme.

Once again- this is not meant to offend anyone- people should feel free to believe what will make them happy and what they find solace in. It just doesn't really do it for me.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can respect anyone's faith/religion, as I would like people to do the same for me. I feel that I don't need to go into a building where they ask for money, to be "spiritual". I do believe in God, that He has guided me through alot in my life, so my "faith" is in my heart and soul, and is very exclusive between God and I, it's like we have an understanding of each other, and it comforts me in many ways. As for past lives, I do believe in it. I have always wondered, do "Deja Vu's" come from our past life? Maybe who we were (past life), sort of molds us into who we are now, and maybe we're brought back for a reason?? I do strongly believe that. I think that everyone has their own theories on this subject, and I'm interested in reading others' responses....................
    ~*~Charlene~*~

My friend once told me that for every universe there are a million alternate universes...something along those lines. I wish that I could be more like Amber, but I can't stand to think that this is the only chance we get. If this IS the only chance we get what's the point? Or do you see it as "This is the only chance we get lets do everything we can"?

Yes I have questioned the whole Past Lives thing, many times I have asked my dad, "How do you know?" and he said "I Just Know" he believes it and he doesn't question it. I remember once I told him that I was afraid to die and he said, "Why? You've done it many times before" so for him it's a belief...for me it's just one of many ideas that I have.

Now Amber I have a question for you...does it scare you to think that there is nothing after death? Or is this a comforting thought for you? To think that there is nothing after death scares the CRAP out of me. I don't care WHAT'S after death as long as there is SOMETHING...weather it be heaven, or reincarnation, or even Hell. I don't want to just be GONE.

Another friend of mine is sure that there is something after death, what he doesn't know BUT this is what he told me. If you take any object and break it down to the smallest particle you will always find some sort of energy. So there has to be some kind of molecularenergy in us at thedeepest level, and when that energy can't sustain a body any more it has to go somewhere. I hope I explained that right...LoL Do you guys get what I'm saying?

~Monica

Wow, my bf was just telling me that whole alternate universe thing! He says he thinks that there COULD be an alternate universe for every single choice we make. Like there is a whole other universe where we chose something else. He thinks that ghosts are really people from other universes that can somehow get to ours. Weird stuff, huh? We were talking about it because he believes in ghosts, but not really in god or an afterlife. I have no idea what I believe. The whole things scares me a lot. I can get really freaked out thinking about death, so I try not to do it too often.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

<<I wish that I could be more like Amber, but I can't stand to think that this is the only chance we get. If this IS the only chance we get what's the point? Or do you see it as "This is the only chance we get lets do everything we can"?

Now Amber I have a question for you...does it scare you to think that there is nothing after death? Or is this a comforting thought for you? To think that there is nothing after death scares the CRAP out of me. I don't care WHAT'S after death as long as there is SOMETHING...weather it be heaven, or reincarnation, or even Hell. I don't want to just be GONE. >>

That is exactly it- it is a comfort to me because it pushes me to do my damnest to make this life worthwhile and memorable. I do think that you only have one chance to make something of your life, so I don't like wasting my time, or being non-productive.

As for death....I don't really fear it, I just view it as an inevitability. I just strive to make the time before this inevitability worth something, whether it be through my work or my family. I really think that the impressions that you make while you are living is what makes you have life after death- nothing metaphysical.

*amber*

I don't claim to have all the answers or even any in fact. But the thought of there being nothing after death doesn't scare me even slightly. I like to see it as this may be the only chance I ever get and I want to do everything I can. Maybe I'm wrong but that is the thought that pushes me through life. The knowing that one day I WILL die and that may be it for me and I want to do every little thing I possibly can.

I think I believe in fate or something like it. Or maybe just good coincidences. All I know is when I have needed someone, really needed something it has appeared in one way or another.

I can't spend this life wondering about the next one b/c I learnt at a very young age that life is short and the only sure thing is that we are going to die. morbid maybe, but it makes me all that more detirmined not to waste one second of the lifeI have now so I completely see where Amber is coming from.

I always think when it comes to religion, when it comes to life, if people need to believe there is a higher purpose, if they need that meaning to get through the day and not be scared and to just believe then I have absolutely no issue with that at all. I do have an issue when people use those beliefs as a way to promote hatred and as an excuse for poor behaviour. But that isn't aimed at anyone here at all.

Part of me hopes when I die I am just GONE, thats it and that I've done everything I wanted to before that time.

Talking about death doesn't scare me or my mother, in fact we both know what each other would want as a funeral. My father died when I was young and my mum was royally screwed over so it is something we talk about and make arrangments for so that none of us ever have that sh*t to deal with again. Again maybe this sounds morbid to some but my mum went through hell on her own. I would urge everyone who has children to make sure there is a plan in place should the worst happen.

Do I believe in life after death? I don't not believe it, I don't have a clue. But dying doesn't scare me. Not living my life right now scares me more.

Sorry for the lil ramble lolEdited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I believe in God and heaven and hell........ I believe we will all go to either heaven or hell when we die, depending on your relationship w/ God.
    ~Mandi~

My views are similar to some of yours in that I don't necessarily believe in distinct religions, and as wonderful as theyCAN be, they have also throughout history promoted a lot of violence, unrest andhurt feelingsas Amber said. And I still think it's prevalent today, with things as simple as non-mormons not being able to attend a family member's wedding in the temple to all the crap going on in the Middle East.

As far as an afterlife, I agree 100% with what Monica said about energy, and that is a scientific fact. In knowing that, I find it really hardto believe that there isn't some sort of "otherworld," whether it is Heaven, other universes or parallel dimensions. So, yes, I am a believer in the afterlife and God, although I don't have any clue what God or the afterlife is.

When I try to think of the no life after death point of view, what i can't get my head around is how was everything created from nothing? The energy that created the supposed Big Bang didn't just come out of nowhere...who or what created that? It's hardto get my head around the concept of nothingness, but at one time there was nothingness, and what the heck was it that created that first tiny molecule of energy?

UGH..DEEP![img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick

in fate or something like it. Or maybe just good coincidences. All I know is when I have needed someone, really needed something it has appeared in one way or another.

I just re-read this and I have to agree...I always think how wonderfully weird it is that no matter how bad things get, it ALWAYS works out somehow.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Mjewell, I have lots to say in answer to your question about nothingness, so if you want to know themPM me [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~Mandi~

Sorry for the 50 million afterthoughts, LOL, but I LOVE this topic! I could go on for hours (as is evidenced).

ok, so what i just wanted toadd is in response to Amber's post about wanting to make the most of your life since this is the only chance we get. Does anyone else feel like if this is our only chance at life, why bother doing something great? There will be no judgment after death, so what's the point, why not just do whatever we want?

Of course, if you want your memory to live on in a positive light, I can see where living your best life makes sense.

I guess it depends what kind of person you are hehe. I mean I like to think I am a good person so I don't want to just do what the hell I like and possibly hurt other people. I want to do something great for ME, say I knew 5 minutes before I died that I was going to I don't want to wish I had done more, wish I had seen more and achieved more I want to be able to think that I did SO much you know? Does that make sense. Not only that but if we are all here for whatever time I would also like to hope I've made someone elses life just a bit happier or a bit better in anyway I can.

Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by mjewell
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick

in fate or something like it. Or maybe just good coincidences. All I know is when I have needed someone, really needed something it has appeared in one way or another.

I just re-read this and I have to agree...I always think how wonderfully weird it is that no matter how bad things get, it ALWAYS works out somehow.

You know? I agree with this also. In my opinion, I totally believe in FATE, "If it's MEANT to happen, it will, someway, somehow". I have had so many things happen, both when I NEVER expected it to, and also when I thought something was impossible, somehow I would get through or achieve it. I have had strange things happen by chance, to where I think back, "How on earth did this happen?" (for the better of course). Weird. My faith and belief in fate are so strong, and I've made it through many obstacles which I originally thought were impossible.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I believe in them very strongly, just because since I was tiny I have had some very surreal experiences that logically could be explained by past lives in my mind. It is a comforting way to sort out confusion in my life. I definitely do NOT believe in thinking "Oh, my anxiety was caused by someone in another lifetime so I don't have to work and correct it now". I think exactly the opposite and it is what motivates me to work hard- you CANNOT screw up entirely or let minor problems escalate in a lifetime, or else they will absolutely snowball on you in the next lifetime and you will be even more of a wreck than before.

The personal reasons that have led me to believe are fairly weird so I won't go into too many details, but I should say that I have had an image in my head of an intact otherworld, or afterlife, since I was about 2. I can still see it very clearly- it is very beautiful and peaceful. I had a completely normal childhood and never had a near death experience or anything, so nothing would lead me to have seen this anywhere. I have also had some feelings and flashback sort of things which seem to point to reincarnation.

Other than that, I was just a weird kid. I was speaking in complete, well enunciated sentences when I was 6 or 7 months old. I have also always had a very strong connection to history and people have told me forever that I seem like some sort of old woman (whether that's a good thing or not- LOL!). A lot of that may just be attributed to precociousness during childhood but it makes more sense in my head with some of the things I left out and is kind of confusing otherwise- hehehe.

~~~Carolyn~~~

I believe that there I Heaven/after life. Not completely sold on Hell .. .which I guess is kinda weird since how can you have Heaven/good w/o Hell/evil. LOL. I've heard people say Earth is Hell so whatever, I don't know. Anyhow, I don't really believe in reincarnation, tho I don't rule it out as anything is possible. The alternate universe thing is pretty interesting too lol. I did see a show a long time ago where they had a woman afraid of choking/gagging and hypnotized her and she had drowned in a past life (according to them) so who knows. I'm not afraid of death and maybe because I'm not a believer of reincarnation it is why I get mad when I don't do all the things I want to do. So, in some ways I feel like this is it for living but not for life? Make sense? Probably not. My brain hurts lol.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Here are my thoughts on hell; it can't possibly exist because there is no one here on Earth who is inherently bad. I work with prisoners- every two weeks, I meet with guys who are serving life sentences, which means that they are likely there for murder. These are some of the nicest men I have met, and on special occasions (socials, etc.) we see them with their family and children. So, as much as people would like to believe that they are bad people, or "monsters" of some sort, I have seen differently.

As for "hell" existing for people who have not accepted religion into their lives- to me that seems so petty. I have met people in my human rights work that have essentially dedicated their lives to helping others, but are atheist or agnostic. I have also met people who claim to be Christians and go through the motions of going to church and praying- but are horribly judgemental, hateful,and essentially do nothing to make the lives of others better. I think that what you actually do with your life is exponentially more important that what you believe. Any 'heaven' that would take a hateful, self-righteous person over someone who has lived their life to serve others because the former believes in god or jesus is really not of interest to me. And what about Ghandi, and others who are not of a religion that believes in the heaven/hell dichotomy?

For me, the idea of a dichotomous "heaven" and "hell" involve too many variables, how do you distinguish who belongs where? What factors are more important/less important?

*amber*

I think these are all really good answers. As for the whole nothingness debate my answers to that is this...there never WAS any nothingness, the universe just always was. I came to this conclusion after reading a book, yes it was a facticious Star Trek book but it really made me think. In Star Trek (and in this book) there are a species/beings named Q and they are all omnipotent and immortal. When one of the characters asked Q how the species was born and he said "We weren't born we just always were"

The thing about it is time. Time is a relative concept. It is said that if you could travel through time you would be everywhere at once. There is no such thing as time. I mean think about it, if time were real wouldn't it always be the same time everywhere? Here right now (In the Eastern USA)it's 1:27 in the afternoon, but in England it would be 6:27, and in California it would be 11:27 in the morning. Who's to say who's right about time? Is it REALLY 1:27 or is it 6:27? Who knows? It's because time is a made up thing and I think that if we didn't have a mesaurement of time we would go insane.

LoL Sorry to get off topic but me and my sister were actually discussing this this morning. I still conclude that the universe was just ALWAYS here, there was NO Beginning, there is no end...it will always just be. But humans have a hard time measuring stuff without a beginning or an end...we can't even begin to comprehend that something just always was...that there WAS no beginning. But that's what I believe about the universe. Any other thoughts?

~Monica

I am into all things spiritual & read in one of my Spirit & Destiny magazines that people who suffer from Emetophobia died of the Plague in their past lives!!!

I'm not religious asI don't go to Church, so I can't offer anything more to this thread,but I do thank God for what I have.... littlemiracles do happen[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

The plague? I know about the boils, and fever, and all that nice stuff but vomiting with the plague? Never heard that, then again I guess pain can induce vomiting so if you were in pain from the boils that makes sense. Feel free to ignore my typing out loud.

~Monica

I watched a thing about plague in Medieval Europe a while back on the History Channel and apparently v*ing was one of the first signs. I don't think it was pain related, more like some sort of immune reaction, the type accompanied by a high fever. Anyway, I don't think we emets have to worry much about that at least- LOL!
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and He is the only Way to God. I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I think the reply that interested me most is this one from Amber:

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

Here are my thoughts on hell; it can't possibly exist because there is no one here on Earth who is inherently bad . . . I think that what you actually do with your life is exponentially more important that what you believe. Any 'heaven' that would take a hateful, self-righteous person over someone who has lived their life to serve others because the former believes in god or jesus is really not of interest to me. . . For me, the idea of a dichotomous "heaven" and "hell" involve too many variables, how do you distinguish who belongs where? What factors are more important/less important?

If you will permit me to say what I think about this one,I believe the opposite - that everyone who has ever lived on earth except Jesus is inherently bad, and that no one can be good without Him. As for how do we distinguish who belongs where, I don't think that is our job, I think it is God's. I have no right to say whether anyone is going to heaven or to hell, because we can't see into anyone else's mind! Only God knows. The Bible says that the most important "factor" is whether or not you recognize Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

Good discussion!

I have a question on Jesus, in the spirit of debate: What about people who never even heard of Jesus? Like, if they were a member of an isolated tribe in the middle of the jungle, and had no idea who Jesus is? Do they go to hell? Not trying to take this totally off topic, but I wonder what people who are Christian think about this question.
    Like I said in my previous post, I am not any religion, but I do consider myself spiritual, and I have respect for all faiths.

Hi Daffodil!

I don't know if anyone has a clear answer to this very popular question. Romans 1:18-20 says this:

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

That's the part I always think of when people ask a question like yours. I guess it's saying that seeing what God has made should be enough for people to believe in Him. That's one spin on it. As for specifically trusting Jesus, I'm not sure the Bible says anything specifically on this point. I'm sure lots has been written on it by people who know more about it. Maybe check out http://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html- they say it better than I just did!

I just did a little search and there's also a book called "What About Those Who Have Never Heard?" by Ronald Nash. I've never heard of the author, but maybe it would answer some questions! I think it has several different Christian viewpoints in it, in essays by a few different people.

Hope that helps!

That's interesting, pianolover.

I actually have a bit of a different understanding of Christianity's major tenets. From the way that I understood Christianity, it was that all of humanity is born with the taint of original sin, which means that we have inherited the sin of Adam and Eve and that we therefore are destined to die and to live with sickness (not in the Paradise of the Garden of Eden, as Adam and Eve were first meant to before they disobeyed God).

From what I understand, it is not that all of humanity is born inherently bad, but it is that we are born with the potential to sin. We will never be perfect as Jesus was. We will do sinful things, but I never understood that to mean that we are born inherently bad. We are born with the potential to be good and the potential to be bad, and our free will that God allowed us determines which we choose.

I don't know. I don't like to think of the idea that all people are inherently bad or that a beautiful baby can be born bad. I think that the good outweighs the bad in people.

Quote Originally Posted by pianolover

I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and He is the only Way to God. I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I think the reply that interested me most is this one from Amber:

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

Here are my thoughts on hell; it can't possibly exist because there is no one here on Earth who is inherently bad . . . I think that what you actually do with your life is exponentially more important that what you believe. Any 'heaven' that would take a hateful, self-righteous person over someone who has lived their life to serve others because the former believes in god or jesus is really not of interest to me. . . For me, the idea of a dichotomous "heaven" and "hell" involve too many variables, how do you distinguish who belongs where? What factors are more important/less important?

If you will permit me to say what I think about this one,I believe the opposite - that everyone who has ever lived on earth except Jesus is inherently bad, and that no one can be good without Him. As for how do we distinguish who belongs where, I don't think that is our job, I think it is God's. I have no right to say whether anyone is going to heaven or to hell, because we can't see into anyone else's mind! Only God knows. The Bible says that the most important "factor" is whether or not you recognize Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

Good discussion!

Wow...I haven't been on for quite a while for many reasons, but thought I would pop in, and chose this thread, and I HAD to reply.

I cannot believe that a baby is born inherantly bad. I asked a priest once (when considering having my son baptized catholic, as per his paternal grandfather's wishes), and he (the priest) told me that if a baby is still born, or dies very quickly after death, BEFORE baptizem can be performed, that the child in question would go into purgatory, which is basically nowhere. It is neither heaven nor hell. THAT, right there, and I was very thrown from thinking catholic. A child is born innocent and full of life. How can one say they wouldn't go to heaven?

I believe it may be the mormon religion that does not bapitze their children until the age of 8, b/c they belive that a child can not do wrong intentionally until this age.

As for the life after death, past lives, ect....I am strongly in agreeance that we have led many lives, and will continue to do so until our 'souls' are satisfied that we have learned as much as possible on this earth. I don't like to think that a person is gone, completely after death.

NOTE : I have no specific religion either. I believe all religions have their good and bad points. I do not think that any one religion is right, especially considering the number of religions. I DO believe in a Higher Being, being of both male and female qualities. I suppose b/c of media/propaganda I would call God HE although I do not think 'He' is male in the human form that we have been taught to believe as a society.

Anyhoo, just my humble opinion.

Glad to be back, and I really missed you all terribly. Maybe one day I can explain why I was gone for so long.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!