Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bone scan

I have one today at 1pm, has anyone else had one before?[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]i have no idea what they do lol, all i know is you have to wear nothing with metal on.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

like an x-ray? If so, I have, i've broken numerous things! It's pretty easy, you don't wear metal and they cover your vital body parts with this lead "apron" so that they dont get hit by the x-ray. You sit on this table and the doctor leaves the room and tells you not to move, and presses a button outside. That's it!

If this is a totally different thing, sorry, i just rambled on! good luck!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Lol thanks, i think it is, its like an all over body one, they told me i could keep my clothes on as long as im not wearing any metal, so i've made sure of that lol, i think its a bone (sp)density scan, i've had like normal x-rays, but im not sure if its any different lol i just hope i get to keep my own clothes on lol.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good luck! Hope all goes well! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks, i went for it and it was fine, you had to lay on this black table thing while this machine went over you and you have to keep really still lol.

Ruth -x-

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

What were you getting scanned for if you don't mind me asking?
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

For an eating disorder, to check my bones, and to check for osteoporosis, the results take about 2/3 weeks though to come through.</font>
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I got my results back from the doctors. Well full body scan has just made it into normal[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], but im at risk of </font>osteoporosis, they told me to take calcium(sp) tablets and thing with it in to reduce the risk, so hopefully if i keep my calcium level up i won't get it, its my spine and hip bones that have the most danger and there the weaker bones, but i have been eating now for 2 months and 2 weeks and i feel i have so much more energy now, i can run again and stuff lol. Thanks for all the help i had to get back into eating from you guys, thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x</font>
    </font>
    Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

yay !!! GOOD FOR YOU IM SO PLEASED YOUR OK X

Thank you!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!