Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just wondering does anyone else play a musical instrument? i find it helps me when i feel n* to do something to take my mind off it, im currently into playing guitar, and find it helps keep me busy, reading tabs and learning songs. Does anyone else do this? or doing something like this to take there mind off of things, i find it really helps. </font>
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good for you for learning to play guitar. When I was in high school it would totally help my anxiety to play my guitar and my bass. Now that I am old and responsible I find it hard to find the time to do so. I think it's great for anxiety, though.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I can play the trombone, but unfortunately my most anxious time is nightime and I don't think my children or neighbours would thank me for playing my trombone then. I do find playing an instrument very relaxing though. My parents have a lovely organ and yesterday whilst I was visiting, my daughter and I spent nearly an hour playing it. My daughter was singing along to the tunes bless her. My mum and dad have had the organ since I was very young and I have lovely memories sitting with my mum or dad and learning to play or just singing along whilst they played. I think musical instruments are a very good distraction from our worries.

Yep, I come from a very musical family, hence my user name! My main instrument is guitar as well, but I also play the recorder, a little mandolin, stand-up bass, and I've tried flute and saxophone. Oh, and snare drum! Haha! My dad is coming out with a CD one of these days and I did some snare drum, recorder and lots of harmony vocals on there. That's really my first love--singing. Cool that there are so many musical emets out there! :-)

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I am old and responsible and play music every day! I decided to get a degree in music education so I wouldn't ever have to give it up! I play all band instruments, sing play piano. All of it helps the emet. It definitely makes time go by quickly and anxiety go down. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

BandNerd

I come from a very artsy family too, my dad manages a theater and my mom's a dancer/yoga teacher. I play the piano, drums, and I sing.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I have played trumpet, alto-tenor-baritone saxophone (baritone was my favourite, although it did give me perma-indented shoulders for two years), bassoon, and bass clarinet. I tried guitar, but felt no affinity towards it....I have a violin and will eventually make an effort to learn it properly.

I took 4 years of piano lessons, but didn't really have the coordination to play separate melodies with both hands. I prefer having both hands moving towards one distinct melody, lol.

I miss playing as part of a band- I do own a trumpet, but even with the mute in it's still too loud for my apartment. One day when I actually live somewhere that the walls aren't paper thin....

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I played trumpet for 8 years in school. I tried the french horn for a little while and taught myself a little piano. I played handbells in church for two years also. I loved my trumpet though. I still dream about band sometimes, lol! My best memories in high school were band memories. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I'm sure the relaxation factor comes from the music itself, plus if you're playing brass or woodwind instruments, you're using deep breaths from your diaphragm. No wonder they have "music therapy." I love playing music. I need to get back into it somehow. I like singing too, but I'm much better playing instruments!