Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Roller Coasters

This is sort of Off Topic so I decided to put it here but here's my problem. A good friend of mine who lives in NJ wants me to come and visit her for a week. She wants to take me to 6 Flags so I can ride the coasters with her. Now the last time I rode a coaster was like 5 or 6 years ago and I almost puked. But I really like this friend and she REALLY loves coasters so I don't want to let her down. I've tried to explain to her that I'm just too afraid of puking to go on one but she doesn't get it. What do I tell her to get her to stop nagging me about it? Any advice?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Samara,

I understand completely. Perhaps there is a way you can accomodate your friend by going on some rides that she likes but aren't as extreme as what you fear. Your chances of puking on a roller coaster are very small. You can take Bonine ahead of time and not even get drowsy. I know many people who swear by Bonine for motion sickness, and the fear of motion sickness. They take the Bonine and go out and have fun! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Doug

P.S. Hey! Why has no one commented on what I said about gender in this thread? http://www.emetophobia.org/forum/for...sp?TID=8940&am p;PN=1
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.