Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay I just got this prescription for something called NuLYTELY for my colonoscopy 2 weeks from now and under that prescription there is a prescription for Reglan which is an anti-emetic if I'm not mistaken. If I am then you can probably disreguard this question. Now I know I've asked this before but bare with me as I ask it again. Are you guys sure this stuff I have to drink for my colonoscopy won't make me sick? Cause if it's not going to make me V* then why would they give me an anti-emetic? Or do they just do that as a precaution? I'm all freaking out again! Someone tell me it's not that bad!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hey Monica,

I searched for this drug on the internet and one list of side effects goes like this:
    <H3 align=center>"Side Effects of This Medicine</H3>

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor as soon as possible if the following side effect occurs:
    <UL>

Rare: Skin rash[/list]

Other side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away as your body adjusts to the medicine. However, check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome:
    <UL>

More common: Bloating; nausea[/list]
    <UL>

Less common: Abdominal or stomach cramps; irritation of the anus; vomiting[/list]

Other side effects not listed above may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your health care professional."

That's at http://www.drugs.com/cons/NuLYTELY.html. So it looks like v* is "less common." That sounds pretty good to me!

Thanks for doing that research for me, I feel better. The only problem I ever had with meds making me N* was Prevacid and some anti-biotic I had to take way back in the day for pneumonia...other then that I've never had problems with meds. I did get hives once from pennicillian (Sp?) but they know not to give that to me any more...LoL! But again, Many Thanks!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!