Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone ever done this before? I want to try to run a half marathon at the end of October, and I would love some trainning tips from anyone who has donethis, or if you know anyone who runs marathons. I have tips from a website, but that's it. Thanks

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My boyfriend is just starting to train for the Chicago marathon! He did a half marathon last year. I am just starting to run; I ran a 5K in April and want to do a 10K in August. I hope to do a half marathon by next year. If you have any questions, I'm sure Mike would be happy to answer them for ya! Good luck!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

That's awesome, good for you guys!!

Do you guys run everyday? If so how far?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, officially his training starts today with a 3 mile run. I think I will do that with him. The longest I have gone so far is 4.5 miles. I plan on running with him as much as I can, but not the whole marathon, by any means! I talked to him last night about it and he said he'd answer any questions you had. He also said he'd want to know how far you can already run.

Good luck!

Mary

hah i dont run marathons, but i just wanted to say good luck!! The Boston Marathon runs right past my house, and i go out and watch every year. It's so cool!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I do 5 miles 4x a weekright now. I get so tired after that, I don't know how I'm going to be able to do 13!!.Does your BF have any tips about pacing yourself, cause I think that's what I need to work on. When is the Chicago Marathon anyway?

The Chicago marathon is Oct. 22. I will be happy to ask my bf about pacing tonight. And, Anya, he says if he qualifies in the Chicago marathon, he wants to do Boston! I'll stop and watch him from your house then, k? ;-)

Mary

Thanks Mary!

Just today I was talking to a friend and saying I would love to run "The Scores Race" this year. This is a 6 mile race which takes part in the oldest part of the town where I live and involves running up and down ancientpathways which all lead to the sea. It includes over 400 steps and lots of hills. I ran it 8 years ago, but after having children I have not been able to run, but I have every intention of starting in 2 weeks when my husband arrives home.

My dad has run 7 half Marathons and one full mararthon. He ran every day and upped his distance a little each week. On the day of his full marathon he was worried he would not make the full distance, but once he started, the whole excitement and cheering crowds really helped him.

Good luck with your training. You are very brave, 6 miles isplenty far enoughfor me!

Well, he said that if you are already doing 5 miles 4x a week, you have a solid base to go from! What he said that he did when training for the half marathon was took the Hal Higdon training scheduleat halhigdon.com He took the novice marathon training schedule and just modified it to do a half. He basically took the last 8 or so weeks off the schedule andgot up to 13 miles. As far as pacing, he said it's tough to tell someone how to do it. If you are completely dying at the end of five, justpace it back a little bit, like slowdown a little bit, maybe like a minute a mile orso.And, as curly said, the excitement of the race day will help you go farther than you thought you could in training. He says be smart, have fun, take it easy and enjoy the accomplishment!

Let us know if you have more questions!

Good luck!

Mary

My dad ran a 26k a few years ago...he used to run that marathon...at least I think it was a 26k LoL that sounds like a lot compared to what you guys do. But he ran about 6 miles every morning to train for it. He now runs three miles each morning and is in pretty good shape. He also quit smoking to train, but as soon as he finished the race guess what he did...he lit up a cigarette. Good luck! I wish I had the stamina to run a mile let alone 5!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I am following the Hal Higdon schedule to. Okay, at least I know I'm doing it right!! Thanks again!

Curly, that's great!! I don't know if I would be able to do the hills. I am thinking that what your dad said about the cheering and excitement is what will get me through the race to. I'm not looking to win, just finish!!

Monica, that's great that your dad quit smoking for the race, I guess he figured he deserved a smoke for what he had just accomplished. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

my friend becky did it...it was 26miles i think she didnt care what she placed as long as she finished and she did...her training was pretty rough but definately worth it in the end because she got into shape and it was for a leukemia fundraiser...im not sure of where she got her info, i will ask her next time i talk to her!! good luck!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Lidia, any info would be great!! I would love to doan entire marathon, but I don't think that will happen. I'm having fun withthe trainingright now, and it's making me feel good about myself!!

Oh kick ass! Thanks for starting this topic kellybean. I am thinking of running a half marathon. It helps to motivate me to see that other people are thinking about doing marathons or 5ks or anything else.

How's it going, Kelly? Mike's first week of training went well. He did 3 miles Tues, Wed and Thurs (I did 3 with him Wed and about 1.5 with him Thurs) and then 6 miles Saturday (of which I did 3). Hopefully, even if I do half of what he does, I'll get in better shape!

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Lidia, any info would be great!!* I would love to do*an entire marathon, but I don't think that will happen.* I'm having fun with*the training*right now, and it's making me feel good about myself!!</font>
    yes i will do my best to get as much info as i could...i havent talked to her for a couple of weeks but when i do i will definately ask her...so have you looked into where you would be running the marathon?? or are you strictly in training for now??
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

Mary, it's going pretty good. I am still doing 5 miles 4 times a week, but yesterday, I did 6 miles which I was pretty happy about. Today, I was supposed to rest, but I did 2 miles. I really enjoy jogging, I find it very relaxing.

Japa, I think you should do it. We can keep a training log or something. That would keep us both motivated.

Lidia, the marathon is here in my city. It an international marathon, it starts in Detroit, then crosses the bridgeover here to Windsor, then back under the tunnel to Detroit. It's so cool!!!!