Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

What do you do when you have no food and no money to buy food and your parents won't give you a lousy 10 bucks to get something, or let you come over to their house to eat dinner?

I'm really starting to hate my father...really...I haven't eaten anything since wednesday because I have no money and my parents won't help me out. They say I shouldn't be living pay check to pay check but that's how I HAVE to live, they don't understand it! I get my paycheck in the mail and this week it DIDN'T come! My dad is all like, "I know you won't starve...I'll see you tomorrow" my phone isn't working and I'm out of my mind with hunger.

He acts like he's so great because he paid the deposit on my new apartment and bought me tons of furniture for my new place. Yeah that's really nice, but I didn't ASK him to go out and buy anything for me, and I didn't ASK for him to put the deposite down, I could have done that!

What the hell am I supposed to do? My dad thinks he's so great! He makes a 6 figure salary and unlike me DOESN'T live pay check to pay check so he doesn't understand what it's like. Does anyone have any idea how I can get some food or money or anything? I'm really at my wits end right now...I'm actually crying and if you know me then you know that I don't cry unless I'm really angry...and I'm PISSED!! What am I going to do?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hey Monica-

I am SO SORRY you have hit a rough patch right now. I know that you are close with your sister- can you give her a call and ask if she can bring you anything over or can loan you some money?Are there any friends that you can call who you are close with and can bring you something over? I know that if any of my friends were in your predicament, I would be there ASAP with some food- NO ONE should EVER go hungry.

As a last resort- are there any foodbanks in your region? I know it may seem a bit embarrassing, but they are in place for people who need food- people like yourself at the moment. Believe it or not, there is actually a high percentage of students who use them because they can't afford food, so much so that our campus began a student foodbank.

And MAKE SURE that you are staying hydrated- drinking tapwater will at least keep you from getting ill with dehyrdration.

I wish I were closer to you- I HATE that you are going through this!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awww thanks Amber. I actually went out into the city and begged for money, which is probably the most embaressing thing I could have done. I bought myself a small dinner from McDonalds and I'm fine now. I'm just really angry that my father is acting so high and mighty about everything. He acts like just because he does something nice for me he has total immunity with all my problems! Yes I admit that it's VERY nice that he bought me some new furniture...but once again...I DID NOT ASK or BEG or even SUGGEST that I NEEDED new furniture...I figured they would give me my old bed and let me keep the futon and that's all I needed and I was cool with it. I used to know of a few foodbanks, but those are all on the west side (Where I used to slum it) and frankly I don't know how to get to them any more...hell I don't know if any of them are even open still, so much has changed two years ago that I was homeless. Yes I was homeless...living from shelter to shelter and then in a group home. I'm not all that proud of it but I think it's made me a stronger person. You are so nice Amber and I knowyou would help me if you could. I'm going to my parents house tomorrow for my sister's graduation partyand at least there will be food there. As for borrowing money from my sister, she's really...what's the word...I don't want to say CHEAP but she's frugal with her money and makes mepay her back with interest so no I can't borrow anything from her LoL. Also I feel bad that I couldn't get her a graduation present (Because my paycheck didn't come) and she's going to be really mad so I'm not going to push my luck. But thanks for the reply...I'm still angry but less now thatI have food in my stomach.

~Monica

I'm glad you got some food. I'm so sorry your dad is being like that. I agree w/ Amber, no one should have to be hungry and I can't imagine letting my child go w/o food. Sell some of the furniture he gave you and when he askes about it tell him "yeah I sold it for $10 you couldn't lend me so I could eat?" lol Ok don't do that, it just annoys me that he can't even let you over for dinner.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

This really pisses me off! That is rotten that they won't lend you a few bucks for groceries! I have been in similar situations with my mom, where she will buy these unnecessary things for me, unasked, and then not help me with basic things when I do ask. Or give me a super hard time about it. Do you have a Department of Social and Health Services anywhere near that you can get to? You can go to them and ask to apply for emergency food stamps. It's usually pretty quick. I have done this before.
    I'm sorry things are so hard right now. I wish I was closer, I would buy you some groceries!

Over here in the UK people can apply for Crisis Loans when having no (or too little)money is going to effect your well being. Maybe there is something like this in the US? There is no interest put on these loans.

How horrible of your dad to sit back and let his daughter go hungry. Does your mum know?

I'm sorry you are having to go through this, it must be so hard. Make sure you look into any help that your country's social services can give you. Take care.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Monica,

Depending on what your income is, maybe you are eligible for food stamps. I would definitely check into that.

Thanks you guys :hugs: I have a social worker so I'm going to talk to her about it on monday. But yeah I can't believe the way my dad acts! He makes me so mad sometimes...and yes my mom knew about this too, she agrees with him! Hopefully my check will come today. If not I have to find a ride to the office to get it, which is a real pain in the butt!

~Monica

honey i am so sorry that your father did that to you...im glad that you did get some food, it is just ridiculous that it came to the point you had to ask complete strangers for money instead of your own father...you are in my thoughts!! take care
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

Geez that is horrible, I am so sorry your Dad is doing this to you.

I just cannot understand that, someone is starving and you give them food, and for cryin out loud your his own child!!

Are there any churches in your area right around where you live? Generally they have food banks, or even if they didn't then they should be able to at least give you some money for food. Ramen noodles are good, and they are like 50 cents a package, or even 25cents.

I'm glad you were able to get some food in you.