Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: I’m So SAD!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    658

    Default



    I was at the Humane Society today walking dogs (I do that usually once a week or so for a few hours). Usually I feel a lot better when i do that because I see that the dogs are for the most part healthy and happy and that there are always a lot of people out there giving them attention. Today was a different story though.


    There is a volunteer room that has leashes and treats and lists dogs that have not been walked that day (for the volunteers so they know who to walk). The board also has special notes about any particular dog. Today there were like 5 HUGE postings about dogs that are extremely stressed and need extra attention. There was even something about how they had to euthanize one of the dogs because it was so sick and upset from being there (don't even get me started on that one, I've already railed a complaint to the manager).


    Anyway, I was upset to see that already, I have never seen so many postings about upset dogs. So, I walked all 5 dogs on the list, and most of them seemed ok and very happy when I got them out of their kennels to play for a bit. However, when I got to the last dog on my list, named Dude, his kennel was full of poop and he was jumping aorund in it and it smelled awful. The staff is usually excellent about spraying out the kennels - in fact thtta is the first time I've seen that. Anyway, I took Dude out and he was SO excited and happy. But then he seemed to keep pooping like every 5 minutes and had bad diarrhea. I kept him out for almost 30 minutes loving him and walking him. When I was getting ready to take him back to his kennel, I noticed his mouth was bleeding bad, so I took him to the fromt desk and they took him to the clinic to get checked out.


    I don't know if he bit his tongue or what but I was so sad and worried about him. I've called and emailed and asked them to please let meknow if he is ok, because if he is in bad shape I am going to go back and adopt him or at least ask if I can foster him. Ugh, my heart hurts. Why do people take theiur dogs to the pound? It makes me so upset that a dog who had a home for several years would just be abandoned there, having no idea why his owner left him.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    OMG--I would have cried so hard!!!! Those poor animals!!!! I used to be able to go into pet shops and look at the cute puppies and cats, but i can't even do that now, because I feel like crying every time I leave, it is just so sad to see them all cooped up and trying to climb up the glass to get people's attention!! Ugh--so incredibly sad. You are a great person though, for doing what you do for the dogs.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Aww, that is sad. Hopefully things at the shelter will get straightened out soon. In the meantime, give poor Dude some TLC and belly rubs. And a kiss on his furry head from all of us!

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    That's so good of you to volunteer with the HS. I used to volunteer with our local HS, with the cats mostly, and after a while, I had to stop, because it was affecting me too much. You are a strong person to do what you are doing, and it makes such a difference to the animals. Kudos to you![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    172

    Default

    You are such a lovely person!!! You obviously have a very beautiful heart!

    I hope you do get to adopt Dude...he sounds like he derseves to be loved by someone like you! Like HDogg said..give him a kiss from us all xxx

    Keep us posted [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C, Canada
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    oh no..thats horrible!! all these poor animals, i wish icould adopt every abandoned animal in the world..it just breaks my heart to see these animals and when some of them have been treated so badly, how could sombody ever do that to a helpless living creature?..i could never turn my back on my pets they mean everything to me..and i hope you do adopt Dude!! it would make such a difference in his life.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,852

    Default



    Poor little sweetheart, I so hope he is ok. It tears me apart too when I hear of animal neglect and cruelty. I used to be a volunteer at our local animal shelter and some of the cases you saw come in broke your heart - I just wanted to rescue all the animals!


    What a happy ending Dude would have to his story so far if he were rescued by you. Good on ya for caring so much! Please keep us updated with how he is.


    .:**:.Tracey.:**:.

    Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    658

    Default



    I knew you guys would understand! One ofthe staff members said she would check on Dude for me today and let me know how he is doing. Maybe I will go back today and see him, but it is hard to go very often and not get burnt out.


    My hubby said we could do the foster program, so I am really happy about that.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    I am crying right now for that poor dog, and all of the dogs in pounds. I was going to our humane society every once in a while because I wanted a dog, but it was important to me that I get one who needed a home. Unfortunately, all the dogs were too big for our house. My husbands friend needed to get rid of his dog because he worked too much, so we ended up taking him. But I still check every now and then on the web site to see what dogs they have. I would love to volunteer at the humane society, but I don't think I could deal with it emotionally. It kills me seeing the dogs and catsin thereso sad.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    336

    Default

    awww that is soooo sad...i also wish i could bring every animal to my home just so none have to experience that..you are definately brave and have a huge heart for being able to help him every way you can!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Wouldn't it be really nice to have a HUGE, open yard and be able to adopt them all and let them run around freely and play?? Just the image of that makes me smile!! I soooo wish I could do that[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].
    ~*~Charlene~*~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    411

    Default



    Hey Guys,


    I am also a major animal lover, and have often thought about going to the Dog's home in London to volunteer to walk dogs, but do worry that i'd end up bringing them all home with me for ever, so talked myself out of it..


    While we're on the topic of animals.. I am a member of the IFAW - (International Fund for Animal Welfare)website(www.ifaw.org/general) at the moment they are campaigning against the following things:


    Whaling


    Baby Seal hunting in Canada


    The new hygiene laws to do with the consumption of dog/cat meat in Korea


    The killing of about 6 000 elephants in Africa for their tusks/ivory, and a few others you can see on there..


    It is free toregister onthe website, and if you go to the 'Take Action' section, you do have the option to send a (pre-written for you) e-mail/letter to your relevant Member of Parliament/president in order to try and get him to make a difference or have his say against it. You can also sign a petition or you can send a donation.. or just spread the word by forwarding a link to the site to your friends!


    But I reckon the only way anyone is going to make an impact on the 'powers that be' is if there are as many peeps as possible involved.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    [QUOTE=kimmyc24]


    The new hygiene laws to do with the consumption of dog/cat meat in Korea


    [/QUOTE


    OMG -- This really happens?!?!?!?!?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,208

    Default



    What really gets me is the fact that these poor animals are so innocent, and the owners so guilty, and yet it is the pet that is, in the end, punished.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kimmyc24


    Hey Guys,


    I am also a major animal lover, and have often thought about going to the Dog's home in London to volunteer to walk dogs, but do worry that i'd end up bringing them all home with me for ever, so talked myself out of it..


    While we're on the topic of animals.. I am a member of the IFAW - (International Fund for Animal Welfare)website(www.ifaw.org/general) at the moment they are campaigning against the following things:


    Whaling


    Baby Seal hunting in Canada





    Actually, baby seals aren't hunted in Canada. And seals are also not clubbed. I'm all for animal rights, but it's problematic when animal rights groups aren't informed about the reality of the situation. I'm sure your heart is in the right place Kimmy, but I'm not sure that the group you have joined has really done their homework on this issue. Greenpeace has even dropped the seal hunt as one of their campaigns, and they were one of the groups who protested heartily in the 70s when baby seals were in fact being killed.


    Yes, Canada does have a seal hunt, but it is regulated and operated much like any other legalized hunting season. It has been illegal for baby seals to be hunted since the first major campaign in the 70s- they have to be a certain age and not have any of the white fuzz on them to be harvested. The white pelts are even banned from the market.Seals are also killed using harpoons or guns, not repeatedly clubbed.


    Also, the reality is that if there wasnt a seal hunt, most of these animals would end up starving because of foreign boatstrawling that aredepleating our cod supply. To me, that is a more devastating issue than a regulated hunt. I would rather be shot and killed quickly myself, as opposed to starving to death.


    Whats even more devastating is that there are entire communities who depend on the income from the hunt in order to survive- that 30 grand they may make is literally what puts food on the table for them year round. Why doesn't Paul McCartney go visit them, and look for solutions to THEIR financial problems instead of posing for a ridiculous photo op with the seal?


    I think the major problem here is not the hunt itself, but rather the fact that seals are "cute" and blood on ice and snow is very noticeable. If there was a big warehouse where these animals were killed, no one would care. Or, if they were uglier. So, its okay for other animals to be hunted by quotas, but not seals? Tell that to the bears, moose, dear, etc.


    Funny how people go out of their minds when they think a baby seal is being killed when they aren't even- hello, do these same people protest veal?


    As you can see, this is something I feel strongly about. Originally, I was against the seal hunt as well....but then I made a point of looking into it, and realized that a lot of the hype is based on misinformation.


    And this is coming from a vegetarian.


    *amber*



    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Gosh, that's terrible about Dude. I will be thinking about him and hoping he's fine. I'm a huge animal fan. I have 5 cats (cats are totally my soul animals- I love them so much), and two dogs. Plus a betta fish whom I think will be departing this earth fairly shortly- he has some major health issues at the moment.

    I volunteer a lot of time at a no-kill animal shelter, mostly working with cats, and I have petsitting jobs lined up all this and next week. I have been making an insane amount of money doing that- $250 per job!!! I'm totally exhausted watching two insane yappy dogs, but they are cute so it's worth it!

    So much of my life has been devoted to animals. No one can understand why I want to be a historian, they all ask when I'm going to vet school. Oh well, I was never great with hand coordination or math so that bubble was popped about 8 years ago.

    ~~~Carolyn~~~

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    167

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess
    hello, do these same people protest veal?
    I have issues with people who are animal rights fiends but eat veal and lamb. I'm not a vegetarian but am so against the idea of eating veal, especially. I live in farm country and see those poor lonely calves penned up sadly and feel terrible for them. I could never eat one of those.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess
    hello, do these same people protest veal?
    I have issues with people who are animal rights fiends but eat veal and lamb. I'm not a vegetarian but am so against the idea of eating veal, especially. I live in farm country and see those poor lonely essentially infant calves (they're removed almost immediately from their moms and are deprived of good nutrients) penned up sadly and feel terrible for them. I could never eat one of those.

    Edited by: csjones
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kimmyc24


    Hey Guys,


    I am also a major animal lover, and have often thought about going to the Dog's home in London to volunteer to walk dogs, but do worry that i'd end up bringing them all home with me for ever, so talked myself out of it..


    While we're on the topic of animals.. I am a member of the IFAW - (International Fund for Animal Welfare)website(www.ifaw.org/general) at the moment they are campaigning against the following things:


    Whaling


    Baby Seal hunting in Canada


    The new hygiene laws to do with the consumption of dog/cat meat in Korea


    The killing of about 6 000 elephants in Africa for their tusks/ivory, and a few others you can see on there..


    It is free toregister onthe website, and if you go to the 'Take Action' section, you do have the option to send a (pre-written for you) e-mail/letter to your relevant Member of Parliament/president in order to try and get him to make a difference or have his say against it. You can also sign a petition or you can send a donation.. or just spread the word by forwarding a link to the site to your friends!


    But I reckon the only way anyone is going to make an impact on the 'powers that be' is if there are as many peeps as possible involved.


    There's a similar thing on the RSPCA site - I sign the petitions and spread the word to my animal-loving friends to also sign.


    If there's one thing that gets me riled it's animal cruelty - people thinking they can use and abuse them, and that animals were put on this earth solely for humans to do with as they wish. And there are actually people out there that do not believe animals are sentient beings, it absolutely blows my mind. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    .:**:.Tracey.:**:.

    Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    411

    Default



    Ok I better not go into my opinion on the seal thing too much more, as you said Crim I probably haven't read into the whole thing enough and my source of info may not be a very reliable one.. but why do human beings have to take it upon themselves to try to control the seal population? Surely we should just let nature take its course? If we weren't here to fish for the codon such a massive scale inthe first place, there wouldn't be a shortage of them and the seals would be allowed to live, and wouldn't starve to death.


    What if someone decided to even out the human population because we're eating too many cows? I know thats a silly irrational thing to say, but it works the same way. The only difference is, humans have a voice to protest against it, and animals don't!


    As for people making a living out of the Seal Hunts - surely there is something else they could do to make a living? What they gonna do when the seals are all hunted out? How are they going to make their living then? And what about the elephants being culled for their Ivory tusks? Its sick and unnecessary and I can't condone it, no matter what the reasons for it are. Its all human greed and vanity.


    TCSarah - thanks I will go on to the RSPCA site and join up for the petitions etc. I have always wanted to work for the RSPCA but I know there are so many people wanting to do the same, AND I don't have my driver's licence yet (I am 26, lol)- doh!


    I don't mean to cause any offence by anything I say on here, and i'm by no means a staunch activist - just someone who loves animals - all animals - and get so upset when I see them being hurt/killed unnecessarily or used for human entertainment. Its just sick.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,866

    Default



    Actually, right now the seal population is at a surplus- they arent being hunted to extinction, and the reason why they are being hunted is because they are so plentiful that the majority would starve. The major travesty are foreign boats that are coming and taking their food- activist groups should focus on them.


    The situation isn't even comparable to hunting elephants solely for their tusks- there is no threat of extinction, and this is done because of a disruption to their ecosystem which means that without it, a great deal of these animals would starve and die.


    I just have severe ideological problems when people are protesting controlling the seal population, but not controlling the bear, moose, dear, and other animal populations via hunting. Why is not ALL hunting not protested? Why isn't the breeding of animals solely for gluttonous human consumption not protested? I think it is hypocritical to focus on this one issue when so many other animal populations are being managed in the same way without protest.


    I also love animals- so much so that I am a vegetarian because I find the thought of eating animal flesh completely repugnant. However, I do acknowledge that because of how we have completely messed up certain ecosystems, hunting in some forms is necessary to keep the balance that used to be achieved naturally. A surplus of one animal can be devastating- can cause the extinction of it's natural prey, and then another surplus of their natural food source. This can also start affecting other foodchains, and more animal starvation or death.


    So....I guess we're going to have to likely agree to disagree on this one, lol.


    *amber*


    PS- Mandee, I hope things are well with Dude. I admire that you can do this- I don't think I would be able to volunteer at the shelter because I know for a fact that I would probably end up with too many animals. Right now Chris and I are scouring the different shelters in our area- we've decided to get a dog!

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kimmyc24


    Ok I better not go into my opinion on the seal thing too much more, as you said Crim I probably haven't read into the whole thing enough and my source of info may not be a very reliable one.. but why do human beings have to take it upon themselves to try to control the seal population? Surely we should just let nature take its course? If we weren't here to fish for the codon such a massive scale inthe first place, there wouldn't be a shortage of them and the seals would be allowed to live, and wouldn't starve to death.


    What if someone decided to even out the human population because we're eating too many cows? I know thats a silly irrational thing to say, but it works the same way. The only difference is, humans have a voice to protest against it, and animals don't!


    As for people making a living out of the Seal Hunts - surely there is something else they could do to make a living? What they gonna do when the seals are all hunted out? How are they going to make their living then? And what about the elephants being culled for their Ivory tusks? Its sick and unnecessary and I can't condone it, no matter what the reasons for it are. Its all human greed and vanity.


    TCSarah - thanks I will go on to the RSPCA site and join up for the petitions etc. I have always wanted to work for the RSPCA but I know there are so many people wanting to do the same, AND I don't have my driver's licence yet (I am 26, lol)- doh!


    I don't mean to cause any offence by anything I say on here, and i'm by no means a staunch activist - just someone who loves animals - all animals - and get so upset when I see them being hurt/killed unnecessarily or used for human entertainment. Its just sick.


    Kim,


    I am with you 200% on this, and totally agree with everything you've said. I also have an opinion about ANY type of hunting. I think it is wrong to go into a forest and start shooting deer and other animals.Hunters are going into the animals' "home" and unjustly killing away! "Oh, see the cute little deer? How cute, now let me aim, fire, kill, and drag the poor thing out of here". WTF?? This is no different than people coming into our homes and killing off our family members! I'm probably gonna catch some heat for this, but this is my opinion. It makes me sick when people are PROUD of their "kill".
    ~*~Charlene~*~

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,866

    Default



    <<<<I am with you 200% on this, and totally agree with everything you've said. I also have an opinion about ANY type of hunting. I think it is wrong to go into a forest and start shooting deer and other animals.Hunters are going into the animals' "home" and unjustly killing away! "Oh, see the cute little deer? How cute, now let me aim, fire, kill, and drag the poor thing out of here". WTF?? This is no different than people coming into our homes and killing off our family members! I'm probably gonna catch some heat for this, but this is my opinion. It makes me sick when people are PROUD of their "kill".>>>>


    Correct me if I'm wrong- we are to assume you are a vegetarian then? Or don't own any products made of animals, including clothing and furniture? And how is it any better to raise an animal in extremely confined conditions for the express purpose of killing them to make your hamburgers or chicken fingers?


    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I'm sure there will be many disagreements, but I do have problems when people elevate animals to the same level as humans when it comes to the topic of hunting, but then still eat them, wear them, or sit on them (leather couches and the like). It's completely contradictory to me, because it seems as though the actions don't match the ideology.


    Just my opinion.


    *amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess


    <<<<I am with you 200% on this, and totally agree with everything you've said. I also have an opinion about ANY type of hunting. I think it is wrong to go into a forest and start shooting deer and other animals.Hunters are going into the animals' "home" and unjustly killing away! "Oh, see the cute little deer? How cute, now let me aim, fire, kill, and drag the poor thing out of here". WTF?? This is no different than people coming into our homes and killing off our family members! I'm probably gonna catch some heat for this, but this is my opinion. It makes me sick when people are PROUD of their "kill".>>>>


    Correct me if I'm wrong- we are to assume you are a vegetarian then? Or don't own any products made of animals, including clothing and furniture? And how is it any better to raise an animal in extremely confined conditions for the express purpose of killing them to make your hamburgers or chicken fingers?


    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I'm sure there will be many disagreements, but I do have problems when people elevate animals to the same level as humans when it comes to the topic of hunting, but then still eat them, wear them, or sit on them (leather couches and the like). It's completely contradictory to me, because it seems as though the actions don't match the ideology.


    Just my opinion.


    *amber*


    I don't contradict myself, I am smarter than that. I do eat mostly fruits and veggies, and an occasional tuna sandwich. I can't eat red meat, it makes me feel sick,, so I guess "hamburgers" are out, huh?I don't eat "chicken fingers" either. Oh, and my furniture in my house is cloth, and my car interior is cloth.So I guess your wrong in trying to make me seem contradictory. We don't see eye to eye Amber, that's obvious. I don't reply when I disagree with you, because it starts a war, so I'd appreciate it if you don't constantly have to pick at everything I say, or what anyone else says for that matter. I would never come on here and make someone feel that their opinions are wrong, or that the information they put on this site is wrong. I just stated my opinion, which I am entitled to do, and I will defend mine, and in turn, won't attack anyone else because of theirs.We all can't be an "expert" on EVERY post here, but we can have an opinion. Have some respect for me and others. Thank you.


    MJEWELL~~~


    As usual, I feel that I've messed up a nice thread because my opinion is wrong, and I apologize. I do admire what you do, and feel strongly about cruelty and the killing of innocent animals. I hope you know I meant no harm in my post.Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    658

    Default



    Don't worry about the thread getting out of control, that's what happens. Personally I get way more annoyed when either no one replies to a post or a heated debate gets the ke-BOSH!


    I haven't been back to see Dude but one of the staff members checked on him yesterday and said he was happily wagging his tail and was in good health.


    Charlene - Yes, I DO wish i had a giant ranch so i could adopt all animals in need, that is totally my dream.


    CSJones - I think that is so great that you make so much money pet sitting. My hubby and I were thinking about buying a franchise but we were afraid we wouldn't be able to make enough doing that, but maybe I will reconsider!


    I belong to the ASPCA and make donations regularly there. it is a good organization that is widespread enough that I feel like by helping them I am making a difference. Sounds like frlom this thread it might be international too - SPCA that is.


    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,666

    Default



    I know how you feel...we got our dog (well my parents got the dog) because he was the last one left at a kennel that was closing. See his original owner had a stroke and couldn't take care of the dog so he thought he'd put him in a kennel until he got better. But he didn't get better, and so the dog (Smokey) was left there for about 6 months. Then the kennel had to close and they had no one to take Smokey so my parents brought him home one day (For a trial basis) and fell in love with him! He's such a sweet dog, dumb as paste, but so cute and cuddly and rambunctious. He acts like a puppy even though he's full grown and probably about 6 years old.


    Another dog we had before him (Sydney) we got her when she was about a year or two. The people who owned her before us treated her bad, they had just had a baby and instead of giving Sydney the attention she needed (And she needed a lot but that's okay cause I loved her so much) they would lock her in the back yard for days at a time and not walk her or play with her. That made me really sad So my dad adopted her and we had her for about 11 years until she passed away a few years ago on December 30th. She was my baby and I'm so glad we rescued her before they took her to the pound.


    You are a good person for helping out at a humane society...I had a friend who actually worked at one for years and she loved it. But I can't stand to see the animals all caged up like they are so I try to avoid going to one unless I know I can at least adopt ONE of the animals. I hope Dude finds a good home, and it would be even better if he was with you!! Give him a big hug for me


    ~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl
    Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess





    I don't contradict myself, I am smarter than that. I do eat mostly fruits and veggies, and an occasional tuna sandwich. I can't eat red meat, it makes me feel sick,, so I guess "hamburgers" are out, huh?I don't eat "chicken fingers" either. Oh, and my furniture in my house is cloth, and my car interior is cloth.So I guess your wrong in trying to make me seem contradictory. We don't see eye to eye Amber, that's obvious. I don't reply when I disagree with you, because it starts a war, so I'd appreciate it if you don't constantly have to pick at everything I say, or what anyone else says for that matter. I would never come on here and make someone feel that their opinions are wrong, or that the information they put on this site is wrong. I just stated my opinion, which I am entitled to do, and I will defend mine, and in turn, won't attack anyone else because of theirs.We all can't be an "expert" on EVERY post here, but we can have an opinion. Have some respect for me and others. Thank you.


    MJEWELL~~~


    As usual, I feel that I've messed up a nice thread because my opinion is wrong, and I apologize. I do admire what you do, and feel strongly about cruelty and the killing of innocent animals. I hope you know I meant no harm in my post.





    First of all, don't assume that I am purposely picking on you for any reason- In this case, I would ask ANYONE who said that they were against hunting if they ate meat or wore leather. To me that is a valid question- it's not meant to be disrespectful.


    And the reason why I asked this is because I remembered on more than one occasion you mentioning eating meat. Just to make sure i wasn't wrong on this, I searched, and found you mentioning that you started eating hamburgers again because Sonic had the best burgers (dec 2005), and that some of your favourite foods were chicken, Mcdonalds cheeseburgers, and burger king chicken fries (feb 2006). If you no longer eat these, then power to you. I am a vegetarian myself, and am happy to see people give up meat if that is what they decide to do and they do it in a healthy manner.


    I said that I felt it was contradictory to me IF you still ate meat and had leather products- if you don't, then obviously I see no contradiction. Me feeling that eating meat and being against hunting is a contradiction is not saying that your opinion is wrong- it's just saying that if this is the case, I feel it to be contradictory.


    I am by no means an "expert" on anything related to animal rights- I was just asking for a simple clarification, one that I feel is valid to ask. I didn't say your opinion was "wrong"- I was just asking if your actions matched your opinions, and if they do then good for you.


    Also, if you post on a controversial topic such as this, you have to expect some disagreement. And people shouldn't be afraid to disagree with each other- there is nothing wrong with a difference of opinions. We are all from different places and lifestyles, so there is bound to be disagreement- disagreement does not equal disrespect.


    *amber*

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



  28. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,141

    Default



    CRIM~~~


    Wow, so you even took the time to research and come up with a dated report on when I saidI ate meat? That's funny,and I feel so special now.


    Well, the chicken fries were the last "meat" I ate, for personal reasons. Also, people can still have leather interiorin their cars and leather furniture, but be against animal killing, in my opinion. I think it's kind of hard to not own ANYTHING made of animal. And, unless someone is starving to death, I think hunting is merciless and unnecessary. I will always think that.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    GOSH!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by californiagirl


    Also, people can still have leather interiorin their cars and leather furniture, but be against animal killing, in my opinion. I think it's kind of hard to not own ANYTHING made of animal. And, unless someone is starving to death, I think hunting is merciless and unnecessary. I will always think that.


    I agree. It is hard to live in an absolutely cruelty-free way, but I think any small measure taken is better than doing nothing about it. I try and do my best, I don't eat meat of any kind (it winds me up when I am offered fish for the vegetarian option -argggh - since when has fish been vegetarian?!) I feel bad about consuming dairy products, although I do always buy free range eggs, and would like to bea vegan some day, but being vegan seems so difficult when you are eating out. I hate killing anything, I can't even swat a fly, and wasps I catch and put outside. There are some asses that ask why I put bleach down the toilet if I don't like killing, hmmm, gets beyond a joke.


    I absolutely abhor hunting, and in this country it's mainly done for no other reason than being fun and games for the rich and bloodthirsty. Certain peoples like the innuits need to hunt to live which is ok by me as it's a matter of survival.


    And talking culling, you could say the human race needs culling as there is no other animal like human beings that has caused so much destruction to the earth, and whoare capable of carryingout delibrately evil acts to not only animals but their fellow man.
    .:**:.Tracey.:**:.

    Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •