Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Im sorry to keep asking and going on about it, but i know nothing of where to start off eating. I asked my parents, but they just say eat when you want and what you want, but i thought wouldn't that be a little to much?. I know what kind of foods i have to eat, i just don't know amounts of what to eat, like do i have breakfast, lunch and dinner? or do i miss breakfast and have lunch and dinner. Its like having cereal for breakfast, a sandwhich for lunch, then some toast in the afternoon as its lighter? would that be ok to start with, i know my stomach will be painfull, but i really need to get it over and done with. Thanks if anyone could give advice.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Had my first bowl of cereal in a long time, must say i love the taste lol[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hafve you looked on the web to see if there are any useful sites out there?

Oh, and well done on the cereal - it's a very positive start to the day.

I found this - not great but it gives you an idea of what you should be eating:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/weigh...ion/204005.htm l

Also, why not see your GP and ask to see a dietician? This should help alot.

Hey thank you. I'll take a look at that site[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Yeah i did have dietician, then they left and they told me a new one would come round, but still they havn't got back to us, after we have phoned them so many times. I asked the doctor last time and he said, really because of my weight, even though its painfull i need to eat whenever i feel i want to, but stick with like people have said bland foods, such as sandwhich's, cereals, rice, noodles and things. I have had the cereal, im having a peanut butter and jelly sadnwhich for my lunch and maybe some cornflakes for my dinner so its light. I went and got some fruit to start on tomorrow, thanks for all the support!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-

p.s - Just read the site, thanks for that[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], like it said on there bland foods like rice and cereals, and maybe some treats inbetween[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] *thinks of ice cream* lol.Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I say definately stick to a routine so that your stomach will know exactly when it's getting fed, eating at all odd times and different things all the time may just mess you up even more. Bland, easy to digest food in a routine for the first little while I think. Keep it up girl.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Yeah i had my lunch the same time as i did yesterday, but i didn't have breakfast yesterday. I have eaten some weetabix for breakfast and i just had a peanut butter and jam sandwhich which i've never had before and to be honest its one of the nicest sandwhich fillings ever lol. Im going to have some cereal for my dinner or some honey on toast, and then two biscuits an hour before i go to bed. This way my stomach might to start to expand so in the end i can eat when i want to[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Thanks for the support guys[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Can i have some advice please. My stomach really hurts right now, which im expecting, but i know that must try and have something this afternoon for dinner. Do you think 2 slices of toast with margarine and marmite on would be better then some corn flakes if my stomach feels a bit off?? Thanks if anyone could help.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I went through this same exact thing, I was only eating crackers and toast for a long time, and over the past year I gradually ate more and more things, and I now I even eat out, and I even gained 20lbs. Here is what I did to start eating again:

Everyday I made sure I had something for breakfeast, lunch and dinner. I would start off with toast for breakfeast, cheese sandwich for lunch and buttered noodles for dinner. I would always try to eat small snacks in between and soon enough when I got on a routine of eating I became hungry and my stomach would start to growl. As I got more hungry, I would want to eat diffrent things. Scramblemed eggs for breakfeast, ham sandwich for lunch, spagetitti for dinner. Then I started to WANT to try other foods. Even meat again. First I would eat only a few bits of a steak or italian saugage. Then I would realize it is not going to make me sick, so I gradually would eat more of it, and now I eat half a steak, and 2 sauages. Without feeling ANY sickness.

I was exactly where you were. Anything and everything I ate made me feel completely sick. I always thught I was going to v* everytime I ate. And I mean everythime. The biggest thing is to get into a routine with your eating habits, and know your appetite and fear will not go away over night. You will gradually feel better about eating, give it time and try your hardest, eat when you think your hungry and even when you feel nausous, cause 99% of the time the reason you feel that way is because you are HUNGRY!

Let me know if you need anything,

Michele

Hey Ruth,

Yeah mitch is right, pretty much when you start eating after not for so long you are gonna feel quite sick everytime you eat, but its like a phase that you have to push past. It will go away as your stomach adjusts. If your feeling real sick then yeah I'd say eat somthing lighter like toast,but when you can keep eating other things too that are easy like say yogurt (good for the cultures in it), and apples, bannanas, cereal is good but it may be more prone to makeing you feel sick since it has milk. The main thing is to keep eating at regular intervals and push your way though the feeling sick stage. I know its hard but it will get better as long as you keep eating here and there, and getting your stomach used to food again. Its not sv sick, its just your guts need to get used to food again. Hang in there you are doing great!

Hey thank you!! thats helped so much. Yes i agree, i have felt n* the last few days and i know its because my stomachs getting used to food, so im trying my hardest to keep going. Today i have eaten -

Breakfast - weetabix

lunch - peanut butter and jam sandwhich

dinner - two bits of marmite toast.

Im also going to have a few biscuits with some tea later. I understand that it may feel uncomfortable, but thats a part of it your going to have to go through, and the sonner the better. Thanks for all the support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. My aim in a few days is to have something cooked, which im really looking forward to now, from a few days ago where i dreaded it. My mums been helping me a lot, by sitting with me and talking to me. She has also been like rubbing my back, as i find it has a lot of strain on it? so she's been there all the time for me[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Thanks again!.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Ruth, You're doing an awesome job! I have read your blog, and you're really sticking with it. Just a word of advice about eating fruit, when you start, go slow. When I wasn't eating properly, and started eating fruit again, it gave me cramps if I had too much at once. Don't let this stop you though, fruit is so good for you, just have a few bites at a time to start. You go girl![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hey daffodil thank you!! yeah, im going to start with fruits like banana, in the morning or a honey and banana sandwhich. At the moment im feeling very n*, so i've been laying down, buti also went for a walk with my dad and to the golf course to chip some balls in the holes lol, but i had to come back as i felt n*, but im taking it slow, and eating little and often and making sure i drink plenty to, to wash out my body. I seem to feel hungry right after i eat something, i guess my bodys got to get used to the feelings again, but its something that i want to stick with[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], thanks for your kind words.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I just want to say Ruth how proud I am of you, as I'm sure we all are here and your family too - you have made suchanenthusiast and positive start to eating healthier! Well done!

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey, thank you sooo much for all the support. I had my breakfast today, had some bran flakes for some fibre, and had anohter peanut butter and jam sandwhich for my lunch. I need to start adding some fruit in, so im going to have a peanut butter and banana sandwhich tomorrow. Im about to have an ice cream now lol, try and expand my stomach a little more. Thanks for all the support guys[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

just wanted to say well done you've come so far !!! YOUR A STAR [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hey, awww thank you. Well i had some ice cream, at the moment, yes im feeling the effects of it lol, i feel very n* and full, but i know i have to go through it, so i've been sipping lemonade trying to settle my stomach. Im going to have something light, like some jam toast at about 6 for my dinner. I was just wondering, if i ate my ice cream at like 1.45pm, i go to bed at about 11pm, so would it have like gone out of my stomach by then?? and digested and would only well bring up what i had later in the day..i was just wondering, as times before i've v*, i don't think i have brought up my lunch..only dinner..thanks if some could give me advice.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

If I were you, hun, I'd spend as much energy as possible trying to get a nutritionist to help you. Someone professional. Cuz what you (and the rest of us) call "light" might actually be hard for you to handle. Noodles, processed flour, cereals, etc. MIGHT be way too much simple carbohydrates. Ice cream might be too much lactose. Peanut butter might be too much fat. Who knows? Everyone is different. And having gone without proper food for so long, AND anxiety about vomiting added to it is fooling you every time you eat. You might be digesting EVERYTHING just fine...and simply be anxious about it. But how could you know? And what's more - how could anyone on the internet possibly know.

While you're waiting for a nutritionist, I would just not eat too much of any one TYPE of food. Balance your diet like in the Food Guide. Eat small amounts, often. And realize that 99% of your digestion problems must surely be anxiety. We all have anxiety-related digestion problems.

In short, the more you fuss and worry about what you eat, the harder it will be to digest what you eat - whatever it is. So go with the flow. You won't vomit anyway even if the food doesn't agree with you....cuz you're emetophobic!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I have been trying to get a nutritionist, i used to have one, then they stopped working and said they would get me a new one, and everytime we ring up, they say they will ring us back, but never get back in touch. I did start eating a few months back and it was like this to start with, i thinkmy stomachjust needs to expand, then it should start taking better to foods. Thanks for the advice, yeah, im trying to get a bit of each thing, but at least now i know maybe my stomach isn't ready for so much lactose from having that ice cream.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Hi Ruth.Just wondered if you had visited this site http://www.edauk.com/. There is maybe anutritionalist (orif notsomebody who can put you in touch with one)there who can better advise on what sort of things you should try and eat.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey, thank you for the link i will check it out[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. I did go and ask my doctor about what to eat and he suggested to eat bland foods, such as toast, cereal, pasta, rice, banana's and things, and not go into eating anything like meat or anything yet, as it would overkill it, but he said once my stomach gets used to these foods, day by day, start adding some in and trying new things[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], thanks for the site, i'll take a look at that now.

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

hey,

I know I havent been around the past few days, but, I just wanted to say that Im really proud of you and all that you are managing to do, you are getting alot of stregnth from somewhere to pull you through it and thats great, im so glad to hear that you had your first bowl of ceral and thank you so much for the PM as well..

Take care and remember im here if you need me x

Hey, awwwthank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], thanks for also being there and thanks for the support, no problem about the pm[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth -x-
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!