Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

holy scrammbled eggs, i NEVER knew there were people out there like me..........its incredible. i am absolutely TERRIFIED of being sick. i completely sympathise with the skin digging thing, i went one step further and actually cut my legs, on impulse and in panic, anything to make the thing stop and get rid of the feeling. ive had to get stitches 4 times from it, each a different scar. would go for days unend without eating. and then developed an eating disorder....didnt eat for a while, couple of very panicky days, lost a lil weight, decided i liked it and so cut down on food completely, it was great coz i was always hungry which me always safe, and i lost loads of weight, but mother nature stepped in and i became hungry, very hungry but wanted to keep control (our biggest requirement) and so i only upped my intake slowly and became very light at the same time. was ironic really because when i was so light i was in real danger of catching something but i didnt care, i always said to myself "if i have the energy to panic i have the energy to run so get out and earn your dinner" for about a year food replaced my panic but its back again with avengence and am terrified of everything. does anyine every get panic deja vu, where if you panicked in a certain place before that going there again brings panic on again, with the awful feelings you felt and thefierce need to get home or am i the only fool who gets that!

Hi Therese - welcome to the site. I started a new topic and moved your post here cuz I thought you deserved to have your own topic, so folks could respond to you. You'll find lots of help, advice, support and information on this site. Take care, and don't be afraid to ask questions and cruise the other sections.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Therese!

Im also new to the site, and I couldnt believe that there are other people like me out there too! I never even thought to look until I stumbled onto it. And it really blew me away. It really makes me so happy to be able to talk to someone that will understand. I too, am very afraid of getting sick. If I think someone had a virus, food poisoning or anything else contagious I ll have to rationalize in my head for ever. It takes over my thoughts, like an obsession. I always have gravol on hand, just in case. kills two birds with one stone... minute chance of vomiting, and helps me sleep during a panic attack. Ive always wanted to overcome it.. and thought.. well fac eyour fears, right?? But I could NEVER make myself V*!! Just the thought of it!!!!! Ack, gives me the heebie-jeebies! But I want to overcome it, and just the fact that this site exists gives me hope that there is treatment out there, and that I could do it!

Hope to see you around the forum!!!

Yup, I empathize with the panic deja vu. I have that all the time at a certain grocery store. I freaked myself out majorly to the point of nearly v*ing there once.
    ~~~Carolyn~~~

welcome .. feel free to pm or email me at any time for advice or even if your worried x