Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I know this is trivial....but last weekend i cut off all my hair...and all i want to do now is cry. It was almost down to my bra strap...almost all one length...and i cut it off chin length[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]..and i hate it sooooooooo bad. I just feel so uncomfortable and yucky and ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone ever done this? There is nothing i can do about it now. But i just want to die. I know it will grow back, but i just feel like i look so much older now and fatter. I know it's ridiculous....but i just hate it hate it hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, i'm done now...just had to get this out. And suggestions???????
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Don't stress? It could be worse? I never get stressed out over my hair because I tell myself it could be worse. I could have none! My hairdresser recently went through chemo for breast cancer, so needless to say that really hit home for me.

I cut my hair that short when I was about 16 and I was uncomfortable at first with it, but you'll get used to it. I pinned up a section in the front and that looked cute 'till it grew out a bit!

DON'T SRESS, I'M SURE YOU LOOK GREAT!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

i cut my hair to my chin last year, and with the right styling, it looked great (of course, i had no idea how to style my hair last year :P lol) !! don't stress. just play around with different ways to dry it, puff it up, pin it, etc.etc. there are so many possibilities! you should try and be excited with the endless ammounts of new things you can try with your new do

it will be okay!!

-hayley xoxoEdited by: hayleyw
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

Thanks you guys...but i do, i spent about an hour this am trying diff. things, but to no avail, i still don't care for it...i know i am not good at styling my own hair anyway. But yeah, it could be worse...and i should not be complaining but i just feel so sad about it. But anyhoo, it'll grow back in time....maybe a long time, but it will grow out some. I am trying to keep it tucked behind my ears now...and it won't even hardly stay good, so maybe i'll try some pinning it back or something. Thanks for the ideas though.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Kate! I just got 16 inches cut off of my hair about two weeks ago. My hair was below my bra strap in the back and now it is above my shoulders. I've gone through different emotions, lol. At first i liked it, then i hated it, then i liked it again. Now i'm ok with it, but it's not my favorite hair style. Of course it didn't help that one of my co workers told me i look like his 12 year old daughter now (ugh), lol. I understand what you mean about trying every different way to fix it.....it's hard when you've had one style for a while and then you change it up. Maybe in a few weeks when it has had time to grow a tiny bit, you will like it better! Cheer up, the nice thing about hair is that it does grow (thank goodness!)! I hope you have a better day, and try not to worry about it!
    ~Mandi~

I am always messing around with different hair styles. For 2 1/2
    years, it has been really short and I loved it. But, I was ready for a
    change. So, I am letting it grow out. To help in this process, I am
    taking the vitamin supplement Biotin. I take 1 each morning with my
    OJ. It seems to be helping quite a bit. So, if you really can't get
    used to eat, taking Biotin might make the time go quickly! I have
    also heard of a shampoo called Mane and Tail (I think that it is for
    horses, lol, but one of my friends swears by it...)

In the meantime, enjoy it. I'm sure that it looks adorable. It will just
    take some getting used to!
    Julie

I cut my hair to just above my ear (it had been shoulder length) about 6 months ago and I regreted it almost instantly. It did take some getting used to and I just figured, it was healthy to cut it and now it's growing back healthier than it was. It's long enough now for a little pony tail and I'm sure by the fall it will be back to the original length. Just hang in there Kate, it will be ok. We've all been there.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

Aww...you guys are going to make me cry....i have been on the verge of tears ever since the day i cut it. I know it's going to grow back, so that's good.... LOL Julie, i'll have to get some of that Mane and Tail, i have heard it does work!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't even thought of that though Oh Mandi....you sound like me too....i just don't know why i even did it...i have done this before, and i knew what was going to happen, but i was telling the girl that i wanted it a certain way, and now i can't fix it right at all, and it looks nothing like the girls i was trying to copy at the salon. I can never seem to just fix it right.........Now Babygap, that's short!!!!!!!!!!! Mine isn't that short, but you are brave...but like you said, it's going to grow back so much more healthy now, b/c mine was alittle dry where i have colored it myself so much....so there is a plus side to this madness!!!!!!!!!!

What sucks though, there's this cute guy that comes in the bank here where i work, and he said oh you cut your hair, and i said yes, then he goes, oh i liked it better long!!!!!!!!!! So, my feelings were stomped into the ground. I felt even uglier then. It really hurt my feelings!!!!!!!!! Oh well, i've learned my lesson, never ever ever get it short again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Kate

So what if the cute guy said he liked it longer, you cut it for a reason. You are a big girl, don't let the cute boy hurt your feelings. The next time anyone makes a comment like that about your hair, don't feel bad, just turn to them and say something like, "I like it better when your mouth isn't making your face ugly, - or something sharp like that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but not at the expense of the person they are commenting on. Remember, we ourselves are the most critical of ourselves.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

I know, i feel likea nut for letting that bother me, but you know, i was already feeling bad and ugly and then he said that....it's ok, i'll get over it. I am for sure my worst critic, and i just am going to try to forget about it, and just get over it and try to be happy. Being all sad is not going to change my hair or make it grow so i might as well learn to like it , right?
    Kate

Just think, it's summer so you will be much cooler with the shorter hair.
    &lt;a href=\"

I know.......but i still don't like it. I never will until it grows back out some...at least until it's touching my back again....i swear i will never ever do that again!!!!!!!!!!! I am sitting here thinking that i am going somewhere tonight to buy some extentions or something...that's how bad i don't like it. Oh well, it will be ok one way or the other[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]...i can't do it over so i have to live with it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Kate

I know how you feel. I once had my hair cut from very long to a short, funky style as a teenager, and ended up hating it. I was doing it to be rebellious, and p*ss off my parents, and I was the one that suffered. Plus, it was late fall at the time, so all winter I had to wear hats because it was so cold. But look at it this way, it is summer, so it will be cooler this way, and maybe if you go out and get a bunch of fun hair accessories, you can play with it, and find some looks that you like. And don't worry about that silly guy who made the comment. I'm sure there are others that will like your hair the way it is.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks Daffodil...I appreciate your kind words....i know that it will get better with time....but it's the waiting that's going to kill me!!!!!!!! I keep going in the bathroom and looking at it and thinking....god what did i do. But then i just have to laugh b/c hey i can't get it back now!!!!!!!!!! And that's it...but thanks for saying those kinds words to me.
    Kate

The one thing you have to remember is "its not permanent, it will grow back!!"

I only say this as last Jan 05 I had hair way down my back, I got the urge for a cut and had 4 inches cut off, then another 2 inches then another 2 inches or so (in the space of 3 mths) I ended up shoulder length, it was at that point I decided I diodnt like it and have grown it again.

It doesnt look the same, before it was a gorgeous blonde and now its just not the same, but hey, its getting longer agion, so Im happy.

Laney xxx

Oh man I've done the exact same thing. What is it w/ us women we want change and then we hate it lol. j/k. Seriously tho, I know how you feel, I had my hair like mid-lower back length adn one night at one am while surfing the internet come across locks of love and decide a do-it-yourself job is in order OMG talk about a mess. Had to get it fixed at the hair dresser the next day. Anyhow, I HATED it but as has been said ... it grows back. And yours will. Just look on the bright side ... its hot summer time, you won't have all that heavey hair weight making you sweat ugh I hate that. Also your hair is getting a healthy new start ... no dead ends etc. And finally, the truth, tho it's hard to believe, is it never looks as bad as we think it does. You aren't used to it so you think its horrible but I can guarentee you that you look fine, it might actually even look better but because it's new and fresh its a shock. Oh one more hair horror story ... 5th grade ... chin length PLUS PERM! Don't do this, don't let your children do this lol. Feel better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Laneyb and SimplyMe.....girl you are a nut...i would never do a perm, but i have been there and done that before...way back in the day though You made me laugh though, so that's good. I bet your hair is still beautiful Laney....from the way you talk, it sounds pretty. Mine is dark brown, and yes it will be so much healthier when it does grow back, so that's something for me to look forward to anyway, it growing back. I have learned my lesson well this time. Of course it will never be long long again, but it will be at least shoulder length, never above the shoulder again for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks you all, you've been great in making me feel better...maybe tomm. it will have grown an inch! I hope tomm. will be better for me and i will like it better....thanks again ....Kate[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate

Well when I was younger (Before I turned 18) my mom FORCED me to get my hair cut short, I mean shorter then yours! I always hated her for it, so now I have grown my hair a few inches past my shoulders and I have no plans on cutting it any time soon. The last time I got it cut was last year on my 21st birthday, but it was still down to my shoulders, not shorter. I ALWAYS hated my hair when it was short, and since my mom liked to keep it short I hardly ever got to see it long. But I got used to it, I didn't really LIKE it but I stopped hating it, you know? Crappy advice, okay I'm an idiot. At least you know not to cut it that short again.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

If it makes you feel better, I cut my hair, which was a few inches below my shoulders, to chin length. I did it today, in fact. I just got so sick and tired of having it in a ponytail or bun everyday because it was too hot on my neck to wear it long.

My husband said the same thing, "I liked it better longer." You know what? I don't care! I'm more comfortable. I'll be cooler this summer and won't have to wear a friggin' ponytail everyday. It'll grow back over the fall and winter, like always. But for now, I'm enjoying the freedom of short hair. Screw what other people think. It's your hair. Do something with it that makes you feel pretty--clips, barettes, whatever you feel. It'll be all right! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Oh thanks guys....you really have made me feel so much better.....Here's to all the short haired women of the world[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]It will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

Oh Kate, I know how you feel. I've been trying to grow my hair for about 2 years now, and as soon as it gets to a certain length, I get tired of it and I cut it off. Then I get so upset with myself for doing it!!! I'm sure you look great with your new hair. It's so much easier to take care of to. It will grow back soon, don't worry!!!

Thanks Kelly....i know there's nothing i can do now but "like it"...b/c i have no choice. And yes, it does feel better, and it will be healthier when it does grow back out so that is a plus. I just can't figure out why on earth i decided to do it after my last experience doing it. But oh well, it will grow back in time. I will never ever do it again though..i know that much[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    Kate

Actually, whena woman gets older shorter hair is more flattering. Shorter hair that frames the face will make you look younger, as longer hair, especially if it is all one length, will draw down your face and age you. Short hair is also very "in" at the moment- many of those hollywood types have recently cut their hair shorter.

I'm sure it looks fine- it may be more that you are uncomfortable with a big change than you are with the hair itself. I had my hair chin-length last summer and I loved it- was perfect for the summer time. I wish I could do it again this summer, but need to grow it out because I want a specific look for my wedding (ugh).

*amber*

Well I am sure with all the kind words and Ideas my suggestions aren't too big here BUT here goes.

First things first think about your beauty on the inside over what is on the outside. Stand tall be proud of who you are. WTG on trying something new I mean how is one to know whether it will work or not if you don't try it out. I mean I permed mine ones and O,,M...G I will never do it again but I tried it. It IS only hair.

You can get streams added, extentions added or you can go back to a stylist and ask that they try a few different styles and show you how to do it. Bobbypins, those mini alligator clips and elastic headbands all are wonderful. Maybe get a few lays put in so it isn't just a blunt chin length, bangs. Its all good and I am sure it will all BE good.

The cute guy obviously had taken notice about you before and paid attention to the fact that you got something done so YAY on that eh?

Anyways Big hugs and take care

Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

once, when i was around 13 i cut my hair really short and shaved off my eyebrows..at the time i thought it would look good, but i soon realized how much of a mistake i made..it was horrible..but thank hair god grows back eventually..everythign will be ok!!
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Gee Thanks Amber for reminding me that i'm getting old! Just kidding...i already knew that i am getting old, turning 40 actually this month, and alot of people did say it makes me look younger...and it's not that i actually do hate my hair, it's i don't like the style on me!!!! it would probably be cute on someone else, just not me....i thought about getting some extensions for real, but i don't even know if that would look right now. Today i like it alittle better...but damn the back is so short, and i feel like i look like an old woman from the back and the side!!!!!!!!!!! But like i said before, it'll grow back eventually............ugg i just hate the waiting.

And yes, at least the guy did notice i had done something...that's funny. and he is just a babydoll, and i actually dreamed about him that night, so ooh la la

Amber, your hair is beautiful in your pic there you have lovely curls!!! Wish i did. You will look beautiful for your wedding!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your replies, it has made it alittle easier to bare right now..........well it's off to the beach on sat. for a week, and i sure will miss pulling it up into a ponytail, but oh well.....................Thanks
    Kate

Ugh.. I did that. Twice! Last time my hair was to my lower back, and I cut it into a boy cut (just a little over an inch long) . I hated it too, and I know how you feel! But it does grow. I am just able to pull it into a baby pony-nub this month. sigh.. You will get there too!

I've been in the same situation before when I've felt like sobbing over a hairstyle, but with me it's usually been because of perms. - A one foot tall afro does not suit my small face! I love curls but gave up on perms after keep asking the hairdresser for body or loose waves rather than tight curls and kept getting the same bouffanted ridulous look. Then there was the time I dyed my hair jet black and it looked awful on me, as it made me look even more washed out than normal. My dad came in took one look at me and just collapsed with laughter. I kept saying, "It's not funny, what am I goign to do?" His daughter was upset and all he could do was piddle himself with laughter!!! I rang my best friend in a state and she went on a mission to buy me stuff to try and dye it back.

I know some people maysay toyou that you are turning a mole hill into a mountain, but for most ladies their hair is one of their most important physical features and if wedon'tlike ourhairsyle it can really batter your confidence. I knowI've been there! But hey, we need to experiment from time to time with different looks and the stars have made the same mistakes! I remember reading that Jennifer Aniston absolutely hated the bob she had a few years ago, and really regretted it. We all live and learn, lol!

Just one suggestion, I once heard on tv that the herbal supplement Kelp promotes healthier and faster hair growth. I used to take it when I wanted to grow my hair long. You can buy kelp tablets from your local health food store and they are pretty cheap. NB If you have a thyroid disorder or think you might you must speak to your doctor first regards taking this supplement as it can cause side-effects. Also as a precaution herbal supplements usually say on the bottle to consult your doctor before taking if you are on any other medications. When I did this once though my doctor said that she had no idea as she hadn't studied herbalism!I've never had any problems anyway and I've always been on prescribed meds for depression/anxiety when I take supplements.

Anyway hope this helps!

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Wow, pinupgirl, now that's drastic...you cut alot off......well i know that it will come back, and be in way better shape...but of course it's just the waiting that's going to kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every morning i have woke up and looked in the mirror, and just want to cry.......[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

tcsarah----thanks so much....you are so sweet.....I remember when Jennifer cut her hair in a bob, and i didn't really care for it, so i know how she must have felt then!!!!! And yes, my hair is a big part of my life, i know you understand that, and i just miss it so much....it makes me feel so unfeminine for some reason[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]...i don't know what it is.....i feel like a butch...no offense to ANYONE who has short hair, but it's the way I feel about myself. Oh i just want to sob....but i know it'll get better by next time this year it will be back to normal. But s***, now i have to go through the whole summer hating my look, and that sucks!!!!!!!!!!! But thanks for all the advice and suggestions and kind words......i will NEVER EVER EVER EVERdo this to myself again.....i have learned my lesson well this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    Kate

Hi Kate, sorry you hate your hair so much. All through my life I had long hair, usually about mid back. I remember the first time I had my hair cut short I almost started crying I was so upset. I had bangs and didn't know what to do with them, my hair wouldn't go behind my ear so it fell in my face all the time, I was miserable. Over time I got used to it, and now I have short hair and keep getting it cut shorter. I have naturally wavy hair and if it gets long it will puff and look like an afro.

Basically... long story short, it is a shock when you cut off that much hair, it just takes time to get used to it. You may still not like it, in that case just let it grow back out and don't cut it again, but if you didn't do this you would always wonder. Live and learn I guess.

I have no suggestions for making hair grow faster, if it is anything like my hair it will be long before you ever get used to it being short.

And speaking of perms... yeah, never perm wavy hair... wow, that was bad. That was another time that I cried over my poor hair.