Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have the same problem. I sometimes wonder if the hairdresser hears jibberish when I tell them what I want. What part of "I want to be able to flip my head down, use the hair dryier to dry it from the underside, and then flick my head back" don't they understand? I asked for exactly that back in March, and she cut my hair to just 2 inches long at the back - If I try and dry my hair like that, there isn't enough weight in my hair for gravity to do its thing and it all stands on end - I look like I have just stuck my finger in the powerpoint. (you may giggle, but I cry as I run to wet myhair again and try again!)For months - 2 hair cuts since, I still get frustrated because they just can't seem to understand "I want to grow my hair long"... but yes, it does grow... it just takes alot of patience. I too have also started taking daily vitamin supplements to help speed the growing process, in the mean time, I am sussing out new hairdresses that understand english!

I used to have one, she was absolutely fantiastic - did the initial hair cut for me to flip my head down, dry, and flip back. but she has since had a career change - D'oh!

Lord, i would never perm it now, especially now with it so short....i would look like a clown for sure then But lessoned definetely learned here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone told me to get some shorter layers in front and around the sides...i just don't know if i want ANYMORE cut off my head now....but it's true, it's basically all one length on top and sides...it's weird...and short and stacky in the back. It was nothing like i expected it to be after she was done.....i could have smacked her in the head.....isn't that ugly!!!!!!

Snoozy i totally feel you with the re wetting the hair and trying again!!! It's just so damn depressing. Your hair sounds like mine, about 2 inches long in back...damn i hate it...oh well...we will all learn something from this....

IF you are not ready to go bold!!!!!!!!!! don't cut your hair off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"