Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Appology

Okay a few days ago, or last week, or something I made a topic called "Proove Me Wrong" YES I KNOW I MISPELLED IT! But who hasn't mispelled something when they were mad, it was a mistake I'm an idiot lets move on.

I had a talk with A LOT of people about the situation that I was in, what I went through, all of that. Some people actually came back to me with racist comments and said a few demeaning things where I actually went "Woah that's not right" Others challenged my ideas and some even said to me that I'm not a racist because I was feeling bad for what I said, how I presented it, and what came of it.

This is just a formal appology to anyone who got upset by that post. I'm really sorry, and I have realized over the past few days that NO I'm not racist. I have racist friends but you know what I'm not going to tell them that they are wrong because NO OPINION is wrong, no matter how stupid. If you want to have a bad opinion about a different race, or sex, or sexual orientation, then be my guest I don't have to agree with you I'm not the thought police.

Everyone I am totally sorry! So so so so so SORRY! Please don't think I'm a racist I really don't want people to think that about me, cause I'm not. I just got mad and wanted people to blame, and I realize now that in part my attitude was also the problem in this situation. So once again, SORRY!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

We all say and write things in the heat of the moment when we're mad. We are all also guilty of not-so-nice-remarks about people, or a class of people, most likely. The important part is realizing you may have offended and hurt people during your rage and having the decency to apologize, which you've done. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I for one hoped that you didn't dislike a whole race because of some jerks who taunted you. I have a question though: These people who do this to you---do they know you are friends with racist people? If so, that may be part of the problem, I don't know, just a thought--please don't take offense.

Well, I'm glad you apologized and hope you realize that a few buttwad people (of any race), don't in any way represent that race as a whole.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Right on, Monica. I'm sure it took a lot of courage to make this post. Nobody is perfect-least of all me. We all get angry and say things that are upsetting from time to time. I'm glad you took the opportunity to turn this into a learning experience, and examine your beliefs.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey Monica,

Thats great of you to apologise for your post .. I did read that thread but wasn't keen to comment on itas I have strong opinions on the whole issue - I am South African and if anybody knows about racism (in both directions!) then its me!

I don't know for sure that you needed to apologise as we shouldn't have to apologise for our opinions but possbily the way you worded your post in a moment of anger it just came across badly, thats all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I mean this ina very light-hearted, joking way - and do NOT mean to offend you or tease you at all, but just wanted to point out that you spelt 'Apology' incorrectly!! Woopsie!

I think it is very brave of you to apologize for that post. That takes alot of courage to tell the world that you may have been wrong for what you said. That is really great Monica. I think that everyone on this siteis a valuable member and we can help and learn from each other. This was just another learning experience!

Thanks for understanding you guys...yes I know I spelled apology wrong...LoL that's a word that I'm ALWAYS spelling wrong I can never remember if it has two P's or one...and my computer always corrects it on it's own when I'm typing in microsoft word so I totally never remember if it's one P or two. No I didn't take offense to that Kimmyc24 don't worry. You guys are the greatest! I will now move on and try to be more open minded in the future...I'll also try to keep my temper too!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I posted a response in that other thread, so I just wanted to say that when I posted it, I wasn't thinking that you were a racist.

edited to say that I just returned from taking a second look at that thread, and I see that the discussion really heated up from the initial few posts, so my post here probably isn't necessary.

At least you can gain a learning experience from all of this. And being willing to examine your attitudes is good too. Edited by: japa

Ha Ha.. so smart of me to point out that you spelt Apology wrong, i've just re-read my post and seen that I spelt 'possibly wrong -I put possbily. Woops!! Should take the log out of my own eye before looking at the splinter in someone elses!