Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Today I went to buy some pizza for my mom and myself and when we were waiting for our pizza I was watching them cook it. They were wearing NO gloves and one guy was taking money from costumers and didnt wash his hands. I was glad he didnt prepare my pizza but then my pizza came out of the oven and that guy threw on more cheese and pepporoni--wearing NO gloves and he didnt wash his hands. Then he threw the lid on the box and handed it to us. Would the steam locked in the box kill any germs? Ugh and he touched peoples money and then my pizza. I still ate it and now I'm regretting it. Why didnt they wear gloves or wash their hands? [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

That's so gross! I would report them to the health department! Was it a pizza chain or an individual business? If it's a chain, they should have higher standards! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ewwww!!! [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]

Seems like people are hygenically-challeneged these days, doesn't it??

I don't know what to tell you Mystikal Star, sorry. Just know I feel your pain. I don't remember if you remember this, but a while back, I posted about my orthodontist's assistant not wearing gloves while her hands were in my mouth tightening my braces!! GROSS!!! Lord knows how many mouths those hands had been in before!! I don't want to think about it....But I turned out to be just fine. I am sure you will be too. This experience taught me next time to speak up. Maybe if you see this happening next time, you can call them on it??
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of a place in the town I live in. There is a SUPER popular mexican restaurant, sort of like a private owned Taco Bell type place. They sell tacos, nachos, stuff like that. It's really popular with the college students. Ok, so I've never been there but I've heard from people who have, that the guys don't wear gloves, they take money and go back to making food, and there's this one guy who's always really sweaty and **this is really gross** but he sweats into the food!!! This place is so nasty that they even sell the stuff that falls from the tacos as they're making them, extra cheese, lettuce, chips that get crushed, etc.... they scrape it up and sell it to people!! It's called the "garbage plate"... people actually buy it!!!! So........ I'm only telling you this story because even tho I've heard these horrible stories about it, I've never heard of anyone getting sick from the food, AND it's super popular. This is a fairly small town and word would get around if their hygeine was making people sick. Don't worry about it too much, I know it's hard not to. And next time if you go back, don't take the food if you see it happening again. This violates health codes and I'm sure the management would love to know about it, or like Hdogg said, the health dept.

But you hand over the money n then eat without washing your hands do you not? I do anyway, all the time. n dubious as our take aways are, Ive never yet gotten sick from any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2jo2

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of a place in the town I live in. There is a SUPER popular mexican restaurant, sort of like a private owned Taco Bell type place. They sell tacos, nachos, stuff like that. It's really popular with the college students. Ok, so I've never been there but I've heard from people who have, that the guys don't wear gloves, they take money and go back to making food, and there's this one guy who's always really sweaty and **this is really gross** but he sweats into the food!!! This place is so nasty that they even sell the stuff that falls from the tacos as they're making them, extra cheese, lettuce, chips that get crushed, etc.... they scrape it up and sell it to people!! It's called the "garbage plate"... people actually buy it!!!! So........ I'm only telling you this story because even tho I've heard these horrible stories about it, I've never heard of anyone getting sick from the food, AND it's super popular. This is a fairly small town and word would get around if their hygeine was making people sick. Don't worry about it too much, I know it's hard not to. And next time if you go back, don't take the food if you see it happening again. This violates health codes and I'm sure the management would love to know about it, or like Hdogg said, the health dept.

EWWW!!!! You're kidding about the garbage plate right??? GROSS!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Eternity--Ialways wash my hands before I eat.

And this is a pizza chain--DiCarlos Pizza. There are lots of them in Ohio and West Virginia.

Sure the garbage plate thing is disgusting but at least you have the option of notbuying it, and get this: my SCHOOL does it! They havea thing about not wasting food and if youdon't eat it all up then they separate it and put it back inwith the rest! Seriously!And packed lunches aren't an option so I generally bring in a p and j and skip lunch all together. It's got me into trouble before now actually. I'm a rebel! [img]smileys/smilies_22.gif[/img]

Hey

I used to work in a restaurant, and they served pizza. People are supossed to wash their hands every 10 mins, or after touching any money or other foods.

You should have said something, it's your health!!!

omgosh htese stories are discussting!!!!!!!!!! hippyclown, i cant beleive your school does that!! i mean what if someone had like a stomach flu and didnt feel like eating something but they had there germ-filled fork in the food!! or what if they put soemthing in there mouth and didnt liek it so they spit it out!! ugh thats SO gross!!! that jut reminds me of hwat my brother does though (he has down syndroem so he really doesnt know better) but for example tonight we had chicken for dinner and he was cutting it off the thing and putting it on his plate, then he was picking off peiced with his fingers and im like "omg alex do you think we want to eat something that you've put your fingers all over?? thats gross!" so he goes over to the KITCHEN sink next to the food and puts his hands under the water and rubs his hands together like thats going to do anythign, he doesnt even use soap and i hate it!! he always washes his hands in the kitchen sink and he never uses soap and then he touches like everythin!!! thats why i always try to make my plate before he gets in there. and the worst part is my parents never do anytihng about it they just like let him do whatever he wants uuuugh!! sorry that was rambeling lol
    ..:.*Natalie*.:..

\"My strength is in my honosty\"~Fiona Apple

I ALWAYS wash my hands before I eat, and if there's no sink, I use Purell. It's a "thing" I have to do....

And about re-serving already served food.... I cannot believe that. I just absolutely cannot believe that. I'm speechless!

I had the same thing happen a while ago at an "orange julius". No gloves, no hand washing even after handling money. I did still eat the frankfurter though, cause it was good....didn't get sick but I won't give those guys my business ever again.

I think its funny how we notice that, and most people don't.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

Ok you guys are gonna think I'm gross but I worked at a pizza place for about 3 years and they didn't use gloves, most places don't from what I understand, in fact I beleive that if the food will be going int he oven they legally dont' have to because the heat will kill any germs. However the whole money thing and touching it AFTER it was out of the oven is a DEFINITE no no. But I think you'll be fine, how many times have you eaten there before and not seen how they prepared it and ate it w/ no worries and no sickness. Now you know they lack of hygene there and can choose to find a new place. Try not to worry!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I have to agree, its really gross. I notice they don't wear gloves at A&W and i get so disgusted. Another place in the mall I get lunch from, which makes sandwiches and soups and casseroles, they don't use gloves either but I eat there all the time and Ive never gotten close to being sick. I know I should say something, because when I worked at tim hortons we werent even allowed to touch the donuts to move them without using wax paper and not our bare hands.

some places are so hygenic, and some are just yucky!I don't really worry about it too much, or try not to, but I dont enjoy my food as much as I could.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

yeah i think that is rather gross that they dont use rubber clothes, but maybe they just clean their hands often instead, with disinfectant or whatever is safe to use [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

i dont often like to THINK what goes on in these public food places, hence why i dont eat out very often at all. especially since iv heard those stories about McDonalds people spitting in the burgers before they make ppl PAY to EAT THEM!! its disgusting, what kinda kick do you get outta that eh?

my schoool cantine are quite good ithink, i always see them wearing gloves and washing their hands and wearing aprons with their hair tied back e.t.c. but i stil dont eat there often cos i dont eat at school at all very much, lol, but its good to kno SOME food producers are aware of hygiene.

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: