Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello. A while ago I was given anti-depressants and refused to take them because I was scared of side effects and such. I've been thinking and im considering trying them again. Im on my summer holiday so I wouldnt have to worry about side effects at college and wouldnt be commited to doing anything. I was just wondering if you could tell me of your experiances of anti-depressants. Did you get any side effects? Did they work?

Thanks [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I have tried sooo many. I finally found one that worked great for me and I have been on it for years. With this awful phobia and all that comes with it I really recommend meds if you want to live a more carefree happy life. I am on Effexor and don't know how I would cope without it. I don't really remember the side effects when starting it because I have been on it for years now but it must not have been to bad if I can't remember. I think it would be a great idea to start it while you don't have to much going on..

Amber

Start off on a small mg Iz & you'll be fine. I'm on citalopram - i started off on 5mg, increased to 10mg, then finally 20mg. the small jumps meant the side-effects i had were mild compared to what they can be. sometimes you feel temporarily more depressed and/or anxious, i was light-headed & all 'floaty' for a bit - but it was nothing horrendous. went away within 3 weeks and the effects of being on them definitely outweight a few weeks of uncomfortableness!

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.