Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Collections

I was just chatting to a friend on MSN, and we got to chatting about things we collect. She collects pin-on badges, and I collect cloth badges (I have known her for 16 years, and I never knew that before!!!)

Anway, I thought that might be an interesting thing to find out about the family of members here... do you collect anything?

I also used to collect new and used postage stamps, but gave up a long time ago.. and 50c coins, but my younger brother found them once and took them to school and poured the lot (about $50 all up I think) down the coke machine... I was furious, but there was nothing I could do... (and yes, we still talk - that was about 10 years ago)

when i get a little bit older (can legally use ebay, have a credit card, and more money lol) i want to start collecting antique jewlerry. my stepmom used to collect it and she has countless gorgeous peices and i would like to do the same thing...but im not old enough...yet...

snoozy, did you ever get the $50 back ?? that would drive me mad!

-hayley xoxo
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

I collect pinup art. Mostly Varga, which you can see an example of to my left! Also Evil Dead stuff, and horror movies! Strange combo, eh?

I collect blue glass bottles.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Over the yearsI've collected jokers from packs of playingcards, stamps, unusual rocks (I still love crystals, semi-precious stones, pebbles and have them scattered about our home...) which used to drive my mum crazy, and old coins. Now I collect rat and mouse trinkets/ornaments and have quite a collection of netsuke rats. Before the rodent collection I used to collect cow things so have loads of those aroundour home too!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Wow, sounds like there is a wide variety of things being collected out there...

As for my lost $50... I never saw it again. I was more upset about my wierd and wonderful collection of 50 cent coins, rather than the cash factor - I wasn't going to spend them, so it wasn't really lost money for me... (I had saved them over about 5 years)

snoozy,

that's true but i am still sorry you lost them [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

As boring as it sounds, I absolutley love to collect rocks and stones. I find that there can be such a varriety: and love it when I find a gorgeous new one washed up on the beach by waves.. then they are so smoothe! I used to collect bubble gum wrappers (you know, the pink ones, 5c a piece), and for a while, bread tags (the clip that holds the bag together, and has the expiry date printed on it)

We do sure have some interesting collections!

L xo

PS: My Dad collected Pez Dispensers. We have a couple shelf fulls right about this computer!

I seem to have started collecting wrapping paper and cards, as well as plastic/paper carrier bags from shops. I especially like store bags that have any sort of floral or printed design on them (for eg the Oasis bags you get in the UK) or the paper ones like from Zara or even Gap! How odd. I seem to go shopping for presents and cardsfor friends and then find myself just buying cards/giftwrap/gift bags for myself to keep!!

I also seem to have a penchant for all things smelly (in a good way)- so have loads of body washes/moisturisers/body lotions/potions etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

shot glasses =D
    ihave a billion..from all different places.

Sunshine, I collect Pez Dispensers, too! And, there is a shelf full of them right above THIS computer! How ironic!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Oh, Mary! How wonderful!

LOL! This is kind of sad, but I collect a little of just abouteverything! I'm a hoarding pack rat! LOL! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I collect everything from stuffed animals to jewelery to comics to rocks and stones to shells and everything in between. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt