Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey, i just wondered if anyone had any meal idea's they could give me please, maybe some healthy options. I have been eating a cooked meal now and my stomach seems to be getting used to it, so i now want to try some healthy options, any suggestions?? im also having things like chocolate and things as i think i do need eat them to gain some weight, but not to much so i overload myself with bad stuff, so i want to eat a variety of things and go with my cravings when i want food, im trying to get up to at least 7 and a half stone to start with im now at just over 5, so i do have a long way to go to gain about 2 stone. So any idea's would be great like other peoples fav things to eat, what things you eat in a day, i think im just not sure what a normal eating is anymore, so any help would be great[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], thanks.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How about some...
    Veggie lasagna? This is one of my favorites, but I don't eat it much since I am trying to shed a few pounds.

Chicken breast with some steamed vegetables.

Do you like eggs? Eggs and omlets would be great for you, too.

\"This too shall pass\"

Omlettes is a good idea. They're kind of filling and light at the same time. And eggs are good for protein etc. Especially if you add lots of stuff like ham and vegetables.

And for healthyish filling snacks I would go with anything on toast. Toast is wonderful.

Any kind of pasta would be good for you....or potatos, rice, soup, baked chicken, or tuna....steamed veggies i believe someone else said....anything soft and easily digestible....grits or oatmeal is good. It's good to hear you are eating now, and trying some healthy food. You really do need it to stay healthy and feel good. Good luck!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Proteins and starches, and of course veggies. Don't start with anything too heavy if you haven't gotten very used to eating full meals yet, but if you are then you can work up. Good luck! I personally love love love lasagna of all kinds.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shiva
    How about some...Veggie lasagna?* This is one of my favorites, but I don't eat it much since I am trying to shed a few pounds. Chicken breast with some steamed vegetables. Do you like eggs?* Eggs and omlets would be great for you, too.*
    omelets are one of my favorite things to eat!! they are great!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

I have been doing all natural smoothies with fresh fruits and veggies. I can drink alot more fruits and veggies than eat them. I can also add things in there that I would normally not eat. One of my favorite night time smoothie is called a green smoothie. I know this sounds gross but the flavor is what ever fruit you put in the most. I put in raw uncooked spinich, half cup soy milk, handfull of baby carrots, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, banana, flax seed mill and sweeten it with honey. All of these fruits and veggies are high in antioxidents and that is why I drink this particular one at night. So that while I am sleeping and my body is fixing itself, it has good things to help it along. Since these smoothies, I have had many compliments on my skin and how refreshed I looked. I also have tons more energy!

Thank you for all the suggestions!! i will write all these things down and give them a try[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], thank you!!.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

One of the healthiest 'snack' meals is jacket potato with baked beans. Have you ever tried cous cous? - I buy the Ainsley Harriet citrus kick one and some other makes ranging from mixed veg to roast garlic. The citrus kick one is so refreshing and would go well with some grilled or steamed fish and a few veggies. It's healthy and super quick to prepare too.

Always try and either steam or microwave your veggies as this is the healthiest way of cooking them. Some of the super foods which are extra good for you are broccoli, blueberries, apples, wholegrain seeded bread, porridge, brazil nuts, bananas...

On colder days it's nice to make a big pot of vegetable soup or stew, popping in any veggies you fancy, you can chill or freeze the rest for other days' meals. I also add things like lentils to my stews which helps thicken it and lentils are of course very good for you!

I don't use any oil but olive oil - also a super food. I use the plain for frying, like when I do a stir-fry - another healthy way of cooking-and have extra-virgin olive oil which I mix with a little balsamic vinegar, ground black pepper, garlic and herbs to make a very healthy salad dressing. I also sprinkle mixed seeds, like pumpkin, sunflower & sesame(very good for you),on my salads, and include a few fruits like grapes, kiwis and apple when I make salads. Salads don't have to be boring! With your salad you could have jacket potatowith tuna or coleslaw, grilled chicken, some pasta (wholegrain pasta is healthiest and I think nicer!), an omlette - whatever you fancy!

Have you seen any of the healthyeating pyramids? Here's one below:-
    [img]uploads/images/tcsarah/EEE_foodpyramid.gif[/img]

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

I forgot to mention how good fruit smoothies are. And if you can't be bothered with making them yourself I really recommend the 'Innocent' smoothies - they have nothing in them (ie no added sugar, noconcentrates) but pure fruit and they are sooooo tasty!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey!! thank you so much for all that infomation, i will sure try the stuff you suggested[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], theres some really good idea's there and also i've seen those smooties before, so i'll make sure i get some, thank you for the advice.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!