Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

California Girl: Positive thinking. My girlfriend just had surgery to remove some lumps that were all benign and also some fragments of a breast implant that had ruptured about 5 years ago. You will be fine[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

The best of luck with everything Charlene, you are in my thoughts and prayers, I so hope everything is ok, I'm sure it will be.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey Charlene,

Aww well I'm glad that certain things are a-ok, hopefully the ultrasound will go well too. If you do need surgery, its okay. I had to have a lump removed (non cancerous tho) and really they just put you to sleep and take it out if need be. The recovery for me wasn't bad at all.

Definately keep us updated on how it goes!!

Thank you--I am feeling a little more positive now, that even if there is something, it could very well be benign.

Thank you all--I'll keep you posted
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I went through a similar situation when I was 32. I found a lump in my left breast so I had to have a mammogram and an ultrasound. I was so scared when the technician who did the ultrasound kept looking at it, andwent out to talk to the radiologist. I lay there thinking what if its cancer? Will I lose a breast? What about chemo? OMG I'll lose my hair! it turned out to be an enlarged lymph node. I am sure that you will be fine too. Its better to get these things checked out straight away.I know that you are worrying right now,I cried on and off too, after my doctors visit, its scary stuff! My prayers and thoughts are with you I am sending positive juju your way!!! *HUGS* Edited by: sqil30

Sending positive thoughts your way! My mother is having a biopsy done on her breast tomorrow, and is terrified, so I have a sense of how scared you are. Good luck!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thank you!!!!!

SUIL30--You must have been terrified! I'm glad you're OK!!

SPILLED_MILK---I will be thinking of and praying foryour mom--please let me know how it goes!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...good luck with everything!

Charlene, i'm quite late in posting here....but i do hope everything turns out well for you. I know you must have been terrified. Good luck to you, and i hope to be hearing soon that you are a-ok......Kate
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Hey Charlene, so glad to hear that that mammo was okay. I will pray for you that everything else is okay to!

Stay positive!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i'll pray for you!

Hi Charlene,

I have the same thing, only my dr. wasn't too concerned. This was when I was 35 & needed to get a base line anyway. I put it off, not wanting to go through the "unknown" of what a momogram is.

BTW . . . Hind sight I would do 10 mamograms to one pelvic anyday! So, everyone out there that is close to 35 - GET IT DONE!

Back to my story . . . it was about a week away from my appointment and out of the blue I began to panic about a lump in my armpit that I had had for two or three years. I just knew it was going to be cancer. So, I called my dr. and she said that they would do a diagnostic ultrasound anyway, so she would schedule it along with the regular mamogram.

They found nothing with the regular mamogram. And, with the ultrasound found that it was a benign aggrivated lymph node. Nothing to worry about. The ultra sound was very cool. They weren't able to give me results right away, so don't panic if they won't tell you anything.

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you!

- Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

Thank you all ---- I have my ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday the 6th. I am nervous, but anxious to get to the bottom of this, you know?

I will let you all know what happens. thank you so much again for all of your support!!!!

For SUSAN and everyone with similar experiences---I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE OK!!!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

OMG Charlene, I feel so bad that I'm replying so late. I haven't been checking IES since it came back.

Well anyway I'm am so relieved that everything is okay and you are feeling better about it all. I'm pretty sure it will all be okay, just have faith and keep a positive head on your shoulders
    ***Elvia***

is 35 the age you are suppose to start getting them?? I am 34 and hate to say it but never thought of getting one yet
    Glad all seems to be looking up for you charlene
    Shannon

Charlene,

I will be praying for you as your appointment on the 6th comes near. These things are so frightening. Last year, I noticed a mark on my leg. I went to my general physician who told me it had all the traits of melanoma!!! There are four major signs and I had all of them. She was so concerned that she sent me ASAP to a dermatologist. She wanted me seen the next day. I came home and went on the Internet to look up melanoma to learn that the life expectancy, after diagnosis, is months. I was so scared. All I could do was watch my kids sleep that night and worry for them.

The next day I went to the dermatologist who looked at it and said it was a birthmark. She added that this particular type of birthmark never gets cancer because of the type of skin it is. To be sure, I saw two other dermatologists. They both said the same thing.

If this was causing your doctor major concern, they would have had you back the next day. In my view (which has limited scope), they are just crossing their T's and dotting their I's. We all worry about cancer, however, there are a gazillion other things that can cause problems and the doctors look for those things too.

Stella